October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

50 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

First 20 days of October summary at PDX:

The warmest October ever is a lock. That’s after the warmest week ever in July, the warmest month ever in August, and the warmest September ever. The most anomalously warm month ever is still possible.

Now that the RRR is behind us, let’s cheers to bountiful lowland rain and mountain snow, cool temps, and some exciting model riding. We have earned this drink. 

I don't think it's even a lock for PDX (definitely not for most stations). The next 10 days are going to be MUCH cooler than the monthly average to this point.

• lol 1
  • scream 1

A forum for the end of the world.

7 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

My oh my

B4FACAB6-B374-401E-99BA-9CDA78851CF5.thumb.png.deecd8e609a107443b0e7b522ff30f41.png

Oh 

• Windy 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Looks like PDX snuck in another 70 today. Praying 🙏🏿 it’s the last one until at least March.

67/45 here with smoke finally clearing out in the afternoon on NW winds. Cannot wait for this pattern change. It’s been a brutal last four months.

Fan Heatwave GIF by MOODMAN

What 71 feels like in Portland

• lol 1
  • Troll 2

5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I don't think it's even a lock for PDX (definitely not for most stations). The next 10 days are going to be MUCH cooler than the monthly average to this point.

......the averages drop steeply through the month of October anyways. Even not accounting for the obviously ridiculous current month-to-date averages.

The next 10 days are far from a lock to finish as much below average. And the absolutely historic start to the month means it would probably take something like 1935 from here on out to avoid a record.

Edited by BLI snowman
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

......the averages drop steeply through the month of October anyways. Even not accounting for the obviously ridiculous current month-to-date averages.

The next 10 days are far from a lock to finish as much below average. And the absolutely historic start to the month means it would probably take something like 1935 from here on out to avoid a record.

Agreed. I said much below the monthly average to this point.

PDX is looking at temps the next 10 days probably around 13-14 degrees cooler than the current monthly average. That will drop it in a hurry.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

14 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

You might be right. If we average 56/44 over the next 11 days, we will beat the record by .1 degrees. I think we’re going to break the record, but it’s certainly not a given like you said.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

Agreed. I said much below the monthly average to this point.

PDX is looking at temps the next 10 days probably around 13-14 degrees cooler than the current monthly average. That will drop it in a hurry.

PDX is still 5.8 degrees above their monthly record after today.

That means the next 11 days will have to average 49.7 or lower to avoid a monthly record there. Pretty unlikely given that there will be plenty of cloudy nights coming up and likely few opportunities for lows well into the 40s there.

• Like 2
  • scream 1

Nice surprise PSCZ rain here. Interesting that the preceding front only gave a bit of drizzle this morning, but the PSCZ is producing an hour and counting of steady rain here. It’s a nice surprise when the CZ is this far south. It would be nice for this area to get in on a CZ following an arctic front this Winter!

• Like 2
  • Rain 1

That situation on Tuesday is pretty fascinating.  That would probably be a big snowfall even 4 to 6 weeks from now.

• Like 5
  • Snow 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3