October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

What makes Oklahoma difficult to forecast? For example: it’s difficult for us here because of our microclimates. 

A lot of things, conditional severe weather setups, shallow Arctic air that is not usually picked up very well on the models, and could have a tale of two seasons in a single day! Winter in the NW and Panhandle, and Spring here and to the Southeast!

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

No windstorm on the GFS

Latest.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sick 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

4 hours ago, JBolin said:

Ohhh, much sooner than that. Way back on Mark's Fox12 Blog probably 2007.

4 hours ago, JBolin said:

Has your knee given you any insight as to when we should expect our first arctic blast?

Not even a little. Nothing cryptic. It has been real nice and cooperative for quite awhile now.

12z ECMWF in 4 hours 34 minutes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hour364Please said:

I traveled through Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons this summer.  Looks like areas of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are about to get their winter on!  If you've never been you should go.  It's a great drive and the natural beauty is stunning.

On the drive back we went through the heaviest thunder and lightning storm I've ever been in near Butte.  Wow!  Almost had to pull the car over.

CUQ3eW0SR9WSbjZTVpXihg.jpg

MKQwts7bQVmxvrx9H%oI%w.jpg

Beautiful pictures! Love your username too

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

It really is a shock to the system out there. 51F and cloudy with a light breeze and the "smell" of fall. Definitely looks and feels the part.

We've had overnight lows this cold this fall, but not with clean air and clouds, and definitely not with a breeze.

• Like 4
  • Excited 1
  • Shivering 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

10 minutes ago, Hour364Please said:

I traveled through Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons this summer.  Looks like areas of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are about to get their winter on!  If you've never been you should go.  It's a great drive and the natural beauty is stunning.

On the drive back we went through the heaviest thunder and lightning storm I've ever been in near Butte.  Wow!  Almost had to pull the car over.

CUQ3eW0SR9WSbjZTVpXihg.jpg

MKQwts7bQVmxvrx9H%oI%w.jpg

Great pics! I've only been to Yellowstone once and Montana twice as a kid. I must go back. It is truly majestic all of the beauty and wildlife.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I can not WAIT until the grass is green and the biosphere has had its proper drink.

It's just setting in now that we're about to head into a truly active wet season pattern. Not scrambling for the smallest scraps of dead systems, not wading through weeks and weeks of torching so we can get a day that is one degree below normal. Real wind, rain, cold.

I think the weird, apocalyptic weather of the last month has taken a toll on me. It ending is certainly helping with my mood.

Ohhhhh, you said biosphere.

Ha, my bad,

tumblr_mjl175o5CZ1rdutw3o1_400.gif

• lol 4
  • Snow 1

3 minutes ago, JBolin said:

2066022546_giphy(1).webp

Actually was a good illustration of the c-zone... with wind to the north and south clearing out the smoke and calm under the c-zone area and very smoky.     

The c-zone was lifted north by increasing SW flow ahead of the incoming system and that is when the Seattle area was finally cleared out of smoke.   

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Actually was a good illustration of the c-zone... with wind to the north and south clearing out the smoke and calm under the c-zone area and very smoky.     

The c-zone was lifted north by increasing SW flow ahead of the incoming system and that is when the Seattle area was finally cleared out of smoke.   

DUDE, have you not had a chance to selectively pick out all the "dry" periods over the next 10 days on the ECMWF?

It was a joooooke.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

8 minutes ago, JBolin said:

DUDE, have you not had a chance to selectively pick out all the "dry" periods over the next 10 days on the ECMWF?

It was a joooooke.

Ahhh... got it.   I was thinking last night that it was a perfect illustration of the c-zone.   

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

14 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

I like NW flow.  A lot more variety and chances for cold nights than WSW flow.  It blows my mind some people want gross SW flow at this point.  We will get plenty of action with the pattern being shown, and it will be more enjoyable IMO.

Well, actually we just want rain.  Any way we can get it. 

So with rain now incoming, and the skies being clear, I would expect the desire for cold to increase exponentially.  Your posts about wanting just cold will probably be less scrutinized.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I can confirm real live actual raindrops are falling on my head here in Bellingham!  And I can join @MossMan with giving wet deck reports!

IMG_4713.jpg

Just starting to sprinkle at work (which is 1 mile from my house) so I just documented the end of the dead crusty grass and dry pavement here! 

AB469FF8-8CD9-4AB2-A931-812F4FD985E1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Rain 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!