Early June 2016 Heatwave Forecast Contest

Jesse

A little late, but since we look to possibly get into some rarefied territory over the weekend, this one probably deserves a contest.

SEA and PDX (both to be included in final ranking).

Highs and lows.

Saturday 6/4 through Wednesday 6/8.

Forecasts are due tonight at midnight.

• Like 1

The secondary peak on Tuesday is also pretty unlikely. But hey, it's his forecast.

I have my reasons. I might remove the secondary spike at PDX, however both the ECMWF and EPS control have it, as of now.

All comes down to how that minuscule shortwave riding into BC is handled before the marine push.

I was actually going to do this one but I didn't see it until just now. Well looks like it could touch 100 at PDX at least.

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

With north winds!!!!

All the models were emphatic that SEA would be much cooler today. Did not mention it for obvious reasons. :) I think I was the coolest at SEA with 87 and high so far is only 85.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Anyone who had SEA above 90 did not look at the models. I had 87 at SEA and that might be a little high.

The N-wind runway thing scared me. Models had SEA in the low/mid 80s this time, vs upper 70s/low 80s when they hit 89 last time.

All the models were emphatic that SEA would be much cooler today. Did not mention it for obvious reasons. :) I think I was the coolest at SEA with 87 and high so far is only 85.

I was drunk on Flatiron's runaway runway theory.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Could be a high cloud disaster tommorow.

Nahh... they are dissolving now.   ECMWF shows the high clouds are all to the south and east of PDX tomorrow.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Rankings through 6/5:

BHam Guy: 9

FroYoBro: 15

Abbotsford: 16

Dewey: 16

Blizzard: 18

Tim: 18

Jesse: 20

BLI Snowman: 21

GHWeather Chris: 22

James Jones: 22

Flatiron: 23