2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Ooooh, getting close to outright racism I see! Keep going, you're almost there!

Islam isn't a race.

I just happen to think an unacceptably high percentage of Muslims adhere much too closely to the violent tenants of Islam. If you get enough of them together in one place there are bound to be some that won't have the best interests of their host country in mind. Amazing how people simply ignore all of the problems they have caused in Europe.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

That's true. But I don't think most liberal politicians want to ban guns, rather to have a more stringent screening process required before people are allowed to own guns. Seems reasonable to me.

I think most people do support rigorous background checks and stiffer penalties for illegal firearm sales. Hardcore NRA folks not withstanding. My point was just in response to Sounder mentioning a banning. As Phil alluded to, a full scale personal firearm ban will never happen so even speculating on it is a fruitless endeavor.

• Like 1

Guest Sounder

Islam isn't a race.

I just happen to think an unacceptably high percentage of Muslims adhere much too closely to the violent tenants of Islam. If you get enough of them together in one place there are bound to be some that won't have the best interests of their host country in mind. Amazing how people simply ignore all of the problems they have caused in Europe.

Kinda like people ignoring all the problems caused by right wing extremists here? Where's the outrage???

Kinda like people ignoring all the problems caused by right wing extremists here? Where's the outrage???

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that, globally, organizations like ISIS and Al Qaeda have proven to be much more cohesive and threatening than grass-roots militia groups. Any list of the most dangerous terrorists groups in the world is dominated by Islamic extremists. That's just reality.

So I think people perceive this larger global threat, and it's tough to ignore that these groups have made it their mission to destroy America and other similar countries.

A forum for the end of the world.

idk do right wing extremists cut people's head off and torture them to death? Do right wing extremists kill *** people just because they are ***?

Good point. I haven't seen many right wingers release videos of beheadings. We'll have to have another 9/11 before some people will listen.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

idk do right wing extremists cut people's head off and torture them to death? Do right wing extremists kill *** people just because they are ***? 

Why yes, as a matter of fact they do.

Guest Sounder

Good point. I haven't seen many right wingers release videos of beheadings. We'll have to have another 9/11 before some people will listen.

Oh ok. So just plain old murder is fine, as long as there's no video of it. Keep the head of your victims attached and it's all gucci, got it.

Oh ok. So just plain old murder is fine, as long as there's no video of it. Keep the head of your victims attached and it's all gucci, got it.

Comparing ISIS terrorists to right wing extremists just shows how dumb you are. Please show me where there's organized group of right wing extremists killing people just to kill people...

Guest Sounder

When will the bloodshed end???? We'll have to have another Oklahoma City before people will listen!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html

Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims

There are several news sites (both liberal and conservative) talking about a poll which shows 80% of people in the United States are opposed to sanctuary cities. Pretty rare to have such strong agreement in any poll!

I'm really interested to see what the sanctuary cities will do when their Federal funding gets taken away. These cities are breaking Federal law! I say arrest the mayors and put them in Federal prison. Any ordinary person will get that treatment if they break Federal laws. Can we really pick and choose which laws we will obey?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Comparing ISIS terrorists to right wing extremists just shows how dumb you are. Please show me where there's organized group of right wing extremists killing people just to kill people...

He is a real piece of work for sure. I still clearly remember my horror when I watched people jumping from the towers to a certain death. Can you even begin to imagine having to make such an awful choice. A truly horrifying day. Actually being old enough to clearly remember makes it a lot more real.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

He is a real piece of work for sure. I still clearly remember my horror when I watched people jumping from the towers to a certain death. Can you even begin to imagine having to make such an awful choice. A truly horrifying day. Actually being old enough to clearly remember makes it a lot more real.

It's pretty impressive to me your remarkable ability to completely miss a point.

Let's not forget the 130 people who died in Paris in 2015 while we're at it. To try to defend these animals is insanity.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It's pretty impressive to me your remarkable ability to completely miss a point.

You don't think you have this problem?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

http://clashdaily.com/2016/03/watch-muslims-in-this-u-s-city-chant-death-to-america-no-word-from-cnn-or-fox-yet/

Muslims in Chicago chanting death to America...

But you know, right wing extremists are a bigger problem!

It just kind of pisses people off when you accept immigrants and they thank you like this. :rolleyes:

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Huh? Islamic terrorists are right wingers.

Yes, let's ignore one of the biggest terror attacks in the country and use stats after that...

Yeah, agreed. Stopping at 9/11 makes no logical sense.

Huh? Islamic terrorists are right wingers.

They are Muslims above all else.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

Wow. You are clearly not a good person at all. The respect you have here, is, quite frankly, completely unwarranted. You are a vile, racist, xenophobic, bitter old man. Thank god people like you are dying out.

So? They're also right wing extremists.

Are they different because they're brown instead of white?

Animals? Seriously Jim?

I'm talking about the violent ones obviously. Islam breeds a lot violence. No denying it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Hard right, fundamental muslims. Kind of like Christian fundamentalists.

Christians were like that centuries ago. The Christians have moved on the Muslims have yet to do so. Back in the days of the witch hunts and crusades there were good Christians just like there are good Muslims now. I'm not aware of many Christians who do beheadings now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Christians were like that centuries ago. The Christians have moved on the Muslims have yet to do so. Back in the days of the witch hunts and crusades there were good Christians just like there are good Muslims now. I'm not aware of many Christians who do beheadings now.

Fair enough.

Points stands that they are both different flavors of right wing extremism.

Fair enough.

Points stands that they are both different flavors of right wing extremism.

Sure, but one is a bit more relevant today. Sounderdabears is trying to troll, of course, but arguing that backwoods right wing militias pose a greater threat than very influential and powerful organizations like ISIS just doesn't make sense. Not if you're looking at the big picture, beyond our borders.

A forum for the end of the world.

It's a pretty easy loss of credibility for anybody who tries to equate the modern dangers of fundamentalist Islam with that of fundamentalist Christianity. One doesn't have to enjoy either of them to accept that there is presently a big disparity there.

Of course there is a big difference. I feel like that goes without saying.