2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Held a lead for 59 seconds in 2 games.

49ers are going to be really tough next week.

Relax.... you guys are 1-1. 49ers suck big time so i dont know why your so worried. Your offensive line is weak but thats expected. There make the playoffs lol

• Like 1

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Allow me to take to the page in a manner most associated with something Tim would write in November.

Our professional football team has with this single game, given us a glimpse not only into the future of the franchise, but also stripped the veneer of anything that someone can consider "top tear NFL quality". There are of course the institutional problems with a violent, all male, hypercompetitive sport that preys on people of color and works to further propagate the hegemony of homonormative patriarchal norms that make it perfectly acceptable for white people to root for black-on-black violence. But I'll save the social justice rant for our loss against the 49rs next week. Let’s look at why the Seahawks are the worst team in the NFL, and possibly in all of sporting.

Our Quarterback - Russell Wilson is at best the Philip Rivers of tomorrow, and at worse, the feel good backup that every NFC North team needs. While most of Russell's critics have been quick to point out that in the absence of his physical prowess, he is a great manager, those critics should even go as far to reevaluate that. Great game managers play on other teams, but not our Seattle Seahawks. Also, Luck is and always has been better than Wilson in every way, and to argue that only shows how little you know about football.

Our Offence - If you want to see how a professional team plays on the front side of the football, then you should check out the 31 other teams in the league. Even the Browns were able to put up a few touchdowns. Both Tim and Troy are right, the Seahawks are the absolute worst as scoring, moving the ball, playing football, or even just existing on the field. Now some of us might point out that the play calling has been incredibly poor for even AAAA high school football, and others would try to say that our Quarterback and Savior has been limited in his scrambling, but that is too optimistic for Tim and I. Our poor offence exists because everyone in our coaching lineup doesn't know how to football. There isn't much to argue against that, as what I stated is pure fact. We need to not only get rid of Bevel and Cable, but we the Seahawks to fire Pete Carrol as well.

Our Defense - It is like a flashback to 1992, where it was great at times, but you don't win games with a couple of good players. When we play elite teams, like the Dolphins or the St Louis Rams formerly of Anaheim and currently of Los Angeles, we should expect missed tackles and slow play. Richard Sherman is the worst corner in the league. You cannot question that statement by any means.

Overall, I expect us to maybe win a game by luck, but we should be expecting to lose by three to five touchdowns a game. We should only be so lucky when they put us out of our misery and move our team to a city that deserves football, Oklahoma City. The Seattle Seahawks should relocate, or be removed from the professional level, because they play like children on drugs.

We are the worst, everything and everyone sucks, and this team sucks. We should give up on football and talk about something else, because we don’t talk about all American teams, like the Cowboys or the Packers.

One touchdown in 2 games.     

3 points today against a team that gave 28 last week.   

Results speak for themselves.   Not the high-flying, improved offense I was expecting this year.    Seems to be even more impotent.   

Call it fairly.   That is what the media is saying as well.   It is what it is.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Seattle Times headline is calling if fairly right now.   They should just say the offense tried really hard and they deserve a participation trophy.      :lol:

st1.png

They were awful.    Two weeks in a row.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

One touchdown in 2 games.

3 points today against a team that gave 28 last week.

Results speak for themselves. Not the high-flying, improved offense I was expecting this year. Seems to be even more impotent.

Call it fairly. That is what the media is saying as well. It is what it is.

Meh, its the Rams, we lose to them every year.

And, we are ahead of last years win pace, so ya!!

49ers have scored 55 points so far this season against two very tough defenses.

Seahawks have scored 15 points in two games.  

The only team to score less than the Seahawks is the Rams who have 9 points.

Allow me to take to the page in a manner most associated with something Tim would write in November.

Our professional football team has with this single game, given us a glimpse not only into the future of the franchise, but also stripped the veneer of anything that someone can consider "top tear NFL quality". There are of course the institutional problems with a violent, all male, hypercompetitive sport that preys on people of color and works to further propagate the hegemony of homonormative patriarchal norms that make it perfectly acceptable for white people to root for black-on-black violence. But I'll save the social justice rant for our loss against the 49rs next week. Let’s look at why the Seahawks are the worst team in the NFL, and possibly in all of sporting.

Our Quarterback - Russell Wilson is at best the Philip Rivers of tomorrow, and at worse, the feel good backup that every NFC North team needs. While most of Russell's critics have been quick to point out that in the absence of his physical prowess, he is a great manager, those critics should even go as far to reevaluate that. Great game managers play on other teams, but not our Seattle Seahawks. Also, Luck is and always has been better than Wilson in every way, and to argue that only shows how little you know about football.

Our Offence - If you want to see how a professional team plays on the front side of the football, then you should check out the 31 other teams in the league. Even the Browns were able to put up a few touchdowns. Both Tim and Troy are right, the Seahawks are the absolute worst as scoring, moving the ball, playing football, or even just existing on the field. Now some of us might point out that the play calling has been incredibly poor for even AAAA high school football, and others would try to say that our Quarterback and Savior has been limited in his scrambling, but that is too optimistic for Tim and I. Our poor offence exists because everyone in our coaching lineup doesn't know how to football. There isn't much to argue against that, as what I stated is pure fact. We need to not only get rid of Bevel and Cable, but we the Seahawks to fire Pete Carrol as well.

Our Defense - It is like a flashback to 1992, where it was great at times, but you don't win games with a couple of good players. When we play elite teams, like the Dolphins or the St Louis Rams formerly of Anaheim and currently of Los Angeles, we should expect missed tackles and slow play. Richard Sherman is the worst corner in the league. You cannot question that statement by any means.

Overall, I expect us to maybe win a game by luck, but we should be expecting to lose by three to five touchdowns a game. We should only be so lucky when they put us out of our misery and move our team to a city that deserves football, Oklahoma City. The Seattle Seahawks should relocate, or be removed from the professional level, because they play like children on drugs.

We are the worst, everything and everyone sucks, and this team sucks. We should give up on football and talk about something else, because we don’t talk about all American teams, like the Cowboys or the Packers.

The Oaklahoma Thunderettes!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

49ers have scored 55 points so far this season against two very tough defenses.

Seahawks have scored 15 points in two games.

The only team to score less than the Seahawks is the Rams who have 9 points.

Jesus christ Tim, its only 2 games. We lost, get over it.

Absolutely no reason to act like this.

Jesus christ Tim, its only 2 games. We lost, get over it.

Absolutely no reason to act like this.

Act like what?  Dissecting the games?    They make millions... they can handle scrutiny.   I will be listening to 710 ESPN all week in the car and they will not be kind either.     :)

These are not 3rd graders who get an 'A' for effort.

Well duh, doesn't take a genius to see what is going to be said, it's true for now.

The Seahawks thrive with adversity and adjust for it, let's talk after next week.

You would think they could get past that and just be good.   Always digging themselves into holes in the games and sometimes in the season like the last 2 years.  

You would think they could get past that and just be good. Always digging themselves into holes in the games and sometimes in the season like the last 2 years.

This start to the season is not surprising, and techinically better than last year so...

No worries yet.

This is Seahawks football, don't bandwagon, don't be analytical with them. Let them figure it out, Carrol and Bevell will.

You would think they could get past that and just be good. Always digging themselves into holes in the games and sometimes in the season like the last 2 years.

Every team deals with adversity at some point. Gonna have injuries and droughts to weather.

Part of being a sensible sports fan, like anything else, is keeping an even keel. And having realistic expectations.....

Every team deals with adversity at some point. Gonna have injuries and droughts to weather.

Part of being a sensible sports fan, like anything else, is keeping an even keel. And having realistic expectations.....

With this offense... one touchdown in 22 drives?     Lots of teams have dealt with injuries and adversity already this year and none of them are doing that bad.   Except for the Rams.  

You sound like a bandwagon fan to the fullest.

Hardly.

They need to get their act together.  

Pretty fair to critique the awful play by the offense... as the media will do.   And those guys are fans as well.    

Hardly.

They need to get their act together.

Pretty fair to critique the awful play by the offense... as the media will do. And those guys are fans as well.

It is their job to critique. They get paid for it.

A fans job is to support and love no matter what.

I get it, they are not playing well, but so what, they fix it every year, especially under Pete.

You sound worried, no reason to be.

It is their job to critique. They get paid for it.

A fans job is to support and love no matter what.

I get it, they are not playing well, but so what, they fix it every year, especially under Pete.

You sound worried, no reason to be.

:lol:

East Coast fans are NEVER hard on their team.   

With this offense... one touchdown in 22 drives? Lots of teams have dealt with injuries and adversity already this year and none of them are doing that bad. Except for the Rams.

Offensive line is the biggest concern because it is a long-standing personnel issue. It doesn't appear to be improved from last year and the spacing and blocking are non existent for the run game especially right now. A legitimate issue that will keep the offense from being league average a lot of the time.

Otherwise the rest of the offense just looks banged up and out of sync. Pieces are there and I'm not worried about most being able to step up into their roles.

It's just not like you to overreact to things...

Awful is awful.   

Stands in stark contrast to that 5 game stretch last year.   Expectations are high.   3 points sucks even for the Jaguars and Browns.

Offensive line is the biggest concern because it is a long-standing personnel issue. It doesn't appear to be improved from last year and the spacing and blocking are non existent for the run game especially right now. A legitimate issue that will keep the offense from being league average a lot of the time.

Otherwise the rest of the offense just looks banged up and out of sync. Pieces are there and I'm not worried about most being able to step up into their roles.

Unfortunate part of a weak offensive line... you run a much higher risk of injury to Wilson.     They should have done more in the offseason since it was pretty bad last year.

Awful is awful.

Stands in stark contrast to that 5 game stretch last year. Expectations are high. 3 points sucks even for the Jaguars and Browns.

We lose to the Rams every year, get over it.

We have work to do, not difficult to see, but you come across as it's impossible to do.

A real fan would never sound like this.

We lose to the Rams every year, get over it.

We have work to do, not difficult to see, but you come across as it's impossible to do.

A real fan would never sound like this.

Have you ever been anywhere outside of the PNW and talked to sports fans??   

This is just a silly comment.    You make it sound like a cult.    

They have been awful on offense.   It is what it is.   I am hoping they figure it out quickly.    Get over it.   

Now I will spend most of my commute time this week listening to fanatic Seahwaks fans calling into talk shows saying the same basic thing as I am saying.   You have dragged this out way longer than it needs to be discussed.  

Have you ever been anywhere outside of the PNW and talked to sports fans??

This is just a silly comment. You make it sound like a cult.

They have been awful on offense. It is what it is. I am hoping they figure it out quickly. Get over it.

Now I will spend most of my commute time this week listening to fanatic Seahwaks fans calling into talk shows saying the same basic thing as I am saying. You have dragged this out way longer than it needs to be discussed.

I am open minded, don't allow myself to get emotional over a 1 and 1 start when there is no basis for it.

Enjoy being frustrated over nothing Tim.

I am open minded, don't allow myself to get emotional over a 1 and 1 start when there is no basis for it.

OK Chris.

LOOOOOOL.

2013/2014 Winter season

He does it to get a rise out of people. He enjoys what he does.

2013/2014 Winter season

Unfortunate part of a weak offensive line... you run a much higher risk of injury to Wilson. They should have done more in the offseason since it was pretty bad last year.

When Dallas lost there 1st game of the season. I gave up and threw my Dez Bryant jersey away. No way you can bounce back from 0-1 :(

Oh wait.....

2013/2014 Winter season

The offense has been pretty awful to watch, no denying that. Almost reminds me of the early 90's Seahawks...yet I watched (or listened to the games since the Kingdome games were blacked out due to non existent ticket sales) every single game, every year since I was a kid. I don't remember ground Chuck flipping out and running over his players to get to the ref and scream..that was entertaining! Much more entertaining than the game really! I'm tired and going to bed now. Go Hawks.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

When Dallas lost there 1st game of the season. I gave up and threw my Dez Bryant jersey away. No way you can bounce back from 0-1 :(

Oh wait.....

So now I am not fan because I think their offense has sucked for the first 2 games??  

This is a very strange conversation.   I think it makes you more a fan to be invested to call out poor play and dumb mistakes.    

Have you ever been to Boston, or NYC, or Philly?     Do you understand that their lifelong fans call out poor play and dumb mistakes every time?  

Sounds like Chris is a cult-following sheep.   I am fan of the Seahawks.      

This. They always start off slow, and really struggle against the Rams.

This is close to the worst start in terms of scoring in the history of the franchise.   And they have had some pretty bad teams.   My hope was they were past this silly stuff about digging holes and needing adversity to be good.   Just be a good team from the start.   This is getting really old and sounds like excuses.    They had to play in Minnesota and Carolina last January because they dug the hole too deep earlier in the season.

Good article from Danny O'Neil... 

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/188500/seahawks-have-a-problem-on-offense-but-no-easy-answers/

10-6 maybe 9-7. It'll probably get them something in the way of a playoff game.

Expectation was that this was the best Seahawks team in the Carroll/Schneider era... squeaking into the playoffs is not success.   But that might be the optimistic outlook right now.    

Expectation was that this was the best Seahawks team in the Carroll/Schneider era... squeaking into the playoffs is not success. But that might be the optimistic outlook right now.

I didn't realize expectations were that high on this group. Seems like they need to focus on the mental side of the game more than the football side. Obviously talented but relying on miracle plays and 4th quarter comebacks late in the season isn't a recipe for ongoing success.

I didn't realize expectations were that high on this group. Seems like they need to focus on the mental side of the game more than the football side. Obviously talented but relying on miracle plays and 4th quarter comebacks late in the season isn't a recipe for ongoing success.

Exactly.   Its silly to continually dig deep holes and then play this 'chip on your shoulder' crap.     It bites you in the end.   Like last year without a home playoff game.

Listening to 710 ESPN this morning... Salk said a couple weeks ago he was thinking 14-2 and completely dominating to now thinking this is a season where they are just trying to survive into the playoffs.   

But hey... some say we should expect the worst and be happy with the occasional miracle plays and games.    They should be better and have learned from their mistakes.     This is a talented group.   But they just run hot and cold.   No consistency.