2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Peter King's take:

“I think this question must be asked: Can Seattle salvage any offensive production? That’s a little dramatic, but we’re one-eighth of the way through the season, and there is nothing this supposedly power team can do with any consistency on offense. Seattle’s scored an average of 12.3 points in its past four games, Russell Wilson is playing with a high ankle sprain, the offensive line is a sieve, and the running game can’t get out of its way. Other than that, Pete Carroll, how’s your September going? Watching the Seahawks on Sunday, this is what struck me: They’ve got nothing to rely on with that offense. Nothing. With San Francisco at home, then the Jets in New Jersey and a bye, this team has to get top line prospect Germain Ifedi back healthy and playing, and has to get Wilson more mobile if that’s possible.”

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Exactly. Its silly to continually dig deep holes and then play this 'chip on your shoulder' crap. It bites you in the end. Like last year without a home playoff game.

Listening to 710 ESPN this morning... Salk said a couple weeks ago he was thinking 14-2 and completely dominating to now thinking this is a season where they are just trying to survive into the playoffs.

But hey... some say we should expect the worst and be happy with the occasional miracle plays and games. They should be better and have learned from their mistakes. This is a talented group. But they just run hot and cold. No consistency.

Really ? 14-2...? I never had them dominating like that before the season started. 11-5 I always liked.

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

10-6 maybe 9-7. It'll probably get them something in the way of a playoff game.

11-5. Get them a home playoff game and there meet Dallas a game before the superbowl.

2013/2014 Winter season

Really ? 14-2...? I never had them dominating like that before the season started. 11-5 I always liked.

Probably tainted by local talk radio hype here.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Tim is right, probably a 1-15 or 2-14 team for the next few decades.

Wow... you are insanely protective of the Seahawks! This is completely fair criticism over a really bad showing on offense this year so far.

You should hear the discussion on KGR and 710 ESPN today.

They must all hate the Seahawks and think they should fold up the franchise as a result of two pretty pathetic games on the offensive side of the ball. Because the criticism is flying from the hosts and the callers. And rightfully so.

True fans are passionate about the good and bad. Not cult-following sheep. :lol:

Ultimately they will adjust and get it figured out, but the last two games definitely warrant some criticism and discussion. But as poorly as they played, just Lockett getting free on that big pass play or Micheal not fumbling at the end of the game and we would be 2-0 and the freaking out wouldn't be nearly as extensive. If we can limp through the next two games with hopefully wins, the bye week will help a lot to get everyone healthy again.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Ultimately they will adjust and get it figured out, but the last two games definitely warrant some criticism and discussion. But as poorly as they played, just Lockett getting free on that big pass play or Micheal not fumbling at the end of the game and we would be 2-0 and the freaking out wouldn't be nearly as extensive. If we can limp through the next two games with hopefully wins, the bye week will help a lot to get everyone healthy again.

Thing that bugs me is that they seem to start slowly in most games and lately each season.    Like they are bored unless their backs are against the wall.  Just stupid.   Come out flying and win from the start.     Good teams don't take at least half of each game and half of each season to "figure it out".   

Thing that bugs me is that they seem to start slowly in most games and lately each season. Like they are bored unless their backs are against the wall. Just stupid. Come out flying and win from the start. Good teams don't take at least half of each game and half of each season to "figure it out".

Do you think they're trying to do that?

The thing about competitive sports is that BOTH teams are trying hard to win.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Do you think they're trying to do that?

The thing about competitive sports is that BOTH teams are trying hard to win.

Not intentionally... but too much talent to be so flat coming out of the gate.    They have scored a total of 9 points in the first half of their last 4 games (0,0,6,3)

Not intentionally... but too much talent to be so flat coming out of the gate. They have scored a total of 9 points in the first half of their last 4 games (0,0,6,3)

Some good teams with talent are like that tho. Look at the LA Kings so much talent on there team but thet can be always slow to start off, Happens in other sports. The Seahawks are a team that won a superbowl and have been at the top of the NFL so teams play them hard. This is what happens sometimes.

Also didn't they just get fined and lost a draft pick?

2013/2014 Winter season

Some good teams with talent are like that tho. Look at the LA Kings so much talent on there team but thet can be always slow to start off, Happens in other sports. The Seahawks are a team that won a superbowl and have been at the top of the NFL so teams play them hard. This is what happens sometimes.

Also didn't they just get fined and lost a draft pick?

Yeah... for something really stupid.   Accidental contact in OTAs.

Yeah... for something really stupid. Accidental contact in OTAs.

Really?.. What round was the draft pick in?

2013/2014 Winter season

Rams beat Seahawks 9-3. Is this football or baseball?

Well the Mariners are currently loosing one of their must win games so yeah football/baseball...tough times in the Pac Northwest pro sports. At least we have the Huskies!,

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Well the Mariners are currently loosing one of their must win games so yeah football/baseball...tough times in the Pac Northwest pro sports. At least we have the Huskies!,

Every time they say the Mariners are playing a critical series... they come out and lay an egg.      I don't expect them to take this series with the Blue Jays.

When all hope is lost and nobody is paying attention they go on win streaks to get back into the race.

So true! Oh and I just read that Ciara might be preggers...perhaps that is why Wilson is suddenly slowing down, getting hurt...turning gray...happens to the best of us

You would think that would ground him and allow him to focus on work.

The most passionate and excited the Seahawks have been this year is talking about the national anthem.   Lets focus on that!  

Mariners miss the playoffs for the 15th consecutive year. 40th straight year without a pennant. Lol.

As soon as you shine a spotlight on them they freeze up like a deer in headlights.    

They got one. Lots of jays fans down there for the game. Hard to tell who is the home team.

Yeah... sort of interesting to see so many fans in Safeco cheering against the Mariners.   Especially when most everyone there probably lives within 2.5 hours of the stadium.     And the opponent is from the other side of the continent.  

Yeah... sort of interesting to see so many fans in Safeco cheering against the Mariners. Especially when most everyone there probably lives within 2.5 hours of the stadium. And the opponent is from the other side of the continent.

The starting pitcher for the visiting team just got a standing ovation. Gotta be kind of a strange feeling for the Mariners.

They are what they are. All in all, this team overachieved this season. Only real disappointment was Felix and the bullpen's severe consistency issues.

All true.

They are what they are. All in all, this team overachieved this season. Only real disappointment was Felix and the bullpen's severe consistency issues.

Nah. A lot of people were picking the M's last year to go to the World Series. This year's team is not radically different. They did not overachieve...had a very real chance, and enough talent, to make the playoffs.

A forum for the end of the world.

Nah. A lot of people were picking the M's last year to go to the World Series. This year's team is not radically different. They did not overachieve...had a very real chance, and enough talent, to make the playoffs.

Those predictions last year were ridiculous, based mainly on what was the belief the previous season's pitching successes were not a fluke, which they were.

This was a middling team trying to make it work with a decent offense but a lack of team speed, average defense and a hodge-podge pitching staff.

Having two wild cards makes a big difference.

The Mariners won today... but have lost 4 of the last 6 games including 2 games to the team they were chasing (Blue Jays).

As a result... the Orioles are in the second wild card position and the Blue Jays are in the first position.   So now we are chasing the Orioles and they have lost 3 in a row including a game tonight.   

Magically we are back to 2 games out of the wild card with 10 games to go... and the Mariners have 7 games left against the Twins and A's and they have been eliminated long ago.

Having two wild cards makes a big difference.

The Mariners won today... but have lost 4 of the last 6 games including 2 games to the team they were chasing (Blue Jays).

As a result... the Orioles are in the second wild card position and the Blue Jays are in the first position. So now we are chasing the Orioles and they have lost 3 in a row including a game tonight.

Magically we are back to 2 games out of the wild card with 10 games to go... and the Mariners have 7 games left against the Twins and A's and they have been eliminated long ago.

Yeah, I hadn't been paying much attention to anything but the games. Having lost four out of five so far on the homestand, I thought today was bordering on meaningless. Pretty amazing to think they still have a somewhat realistic chance.

Unbelievable... Patriots down to their 3rd string QB against a tough Texans defense and win 27-0. 

Jacoby Brissett never started an NFL game in his life.

Brissett led an offense that in 1 game almost doubled the total points that a Russell Wilson led offense scored over the first 2 games.

Have to give credit to Belichick.

Unbelievable... Patriots down to their 3rd string QB against a tough Texans defense and win 27-0.

Jacoby Brissett never started an NFL game in his life.

Brissett led an offense that in 1 game almost doubled the total points that a Russell Wilson led offense scored over the first 2 games.

Have to give credit to Belichick.

I believe he is undefeated with a rookie quarterback starting his first game. 5 or 6-0.