November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

14 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

The concept of "summer" is a completely different thing in the tropics. It's the same in Thailand, where they typically consider Mar - April as "summer" then the monsoon rains cool it down a bit. But the thing is, daytime highs will approach 100F there any month of the year if the skies clear for long enough. Most days were around 93~95F when I was there earlier this month. It actually gets cooler, but generally more humid when you head south. Borneo was "cooler", but the humidity was intense. Fortunately, every afternoon around 3~4pm you'd see the clouds bubble up followed by a torrent of rain.

20221026_172447.jpg

20221025_181327.jpg

Can vouch. In the Philippines and in the Southeast Asian region, there's no such thing as the four seasons. It's just wet and dry season. Where it's spring here, March through May in the PH is so goddamn hot and it averages a stagnant 95F with the humidity for weeks. "Winter" is the best time to visit because it's dry and cooler, but it's peak tourist season in December and I can't stand the crowds, yet Christmas over there is massive and magical and worth experiencing.ย 

I prefer visiting in June-September cause I love watching the tropical downpours. I have to find my old pictures sometime.ย 

• Like 3

๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด,

๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ.

๐˜—๐˜ถ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

The offshore trough split is only 2 to 3 days off now and this GFS run looks to split it in a more favorable way than either the 12z or 18z.

• Like 8

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

Seems like a surprising amount of people here have been to the Asian continent. Canโ€™t say that I ever have but hopefully some day. The island of Hokkaido Japan is a bucket list spot.ย 

I was born in Manila and I wish I could say I'm accustomed to that level of heat but nope, Western WA has become my default weather setting.ย 

Winter in Sapporo is absolutely on the bucket list, I'd love to experience that. Maybe they can consistently send their winters to the PNW. ๐Ÿคž

• Like 3

๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด,

๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ.

๐˜—๐˜ถ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Seems like a surprising amount of people here have been to the Asian continent. Canโ€™t say that I ever have but hopefully some day. The island of Hokkaido Japan is a bucket list spot.ย 

Can't speak for Hokkaido in specific but Japan as a whole is incredible and for a tourist it is absolutely as spectacular as everyone makes it out to be. Just a special special place.

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

ย 

--Cloud Strife

ย 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ย 

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

ย 

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

ย 

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

ย 

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I have been as far north as Vancouver BC, as far east as the Ham Lake Minnesota, as far west as Kauai, Hawaii, and as far south as Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.ย 

• Like 3

Elevation 580โ€™ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!ย 

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Maybe this weekend if the models still look good we can have a forecast contest.ย 

Unless you have booked your trip to Texas, we are completely screwed and the models are going to head into the toilet. Book now!!!ย 

Elevation 580โ€™ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!ย 

20 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I was thinking today this might be the LRC showing itself.ย  There are seasons where the same basic pattern progression repeats on an approximate one month cycle.ย  That would be very interesting in the case of this season.

We will see. Would be crazy to end up with yet another solid winter. Iโ€™m sure something atleast decent happens this winterโ€ฆbut the multi year dud is probably gonna start after this one if I had to guess. Not looking forward to the next 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 combo winters.ย 

• Sick 1

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Unless you have booked your trip to Texas, we are completely screwed and the models are going to head into the toilet. Book now!!!ย 

Lol, not going anywhere this year with the new job. My buddy who I go to visit down in texas every year or so is actually stationed in Poland currently so he wonโ€™t be home for the holidays.ย 

• Like 2

00z trying to drop the hammer

• Like 5
  • Popcorn 1
  • scream 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining:ย 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21:ย 13"

-2021-22:ย 8.75"

-2022-23:ย 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall:ย 0.25โ€; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm):ย 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth:ย 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest:ย 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

7 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

We will see. Would be crazy to end up with yet another solid winter. Iโ€™m sure something atleast decent happens this winterโ€ฆbut the multi year dud is probably gonna start after this one if I had to guess. Not looking forward to the next 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 combo winters.ย 

I donโ€™t think will see duds for awhile. In fact this December might better than December 2021. ย 

Something has changed in our climate with the crazy extremes. I expect the next several years will continue the trend of the past few.ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Lol, not going anywhere this year with the new job. My buddy who I go to visit down in texas every year or so is actually stationed in Poland currently so he wonโ€™t be home for the holidays.ย 

Weโ€™ll be in Iceland December 27-January 7. Expect something historic in that time frame. Iโ€™m thinking 1968-esque?

Summer โ˜€๏ธ grows while Winterย โ„๏ธ ย goes

Short term improvements generally beget long term improvements.

I don't know y'all, I feel that familiar buzz with this one...

• Like 9

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining:ย 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21:ย 13"

-2021-22:ย 8.75"

-2022-23:ย 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall:ย 0.25โ€; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm):ย 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth:ย 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest:ย 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Just now, RentonHillTC said:

So promising. Such disappointment.

image.gif.e4f62758d998b5ac53d99c21ca1b4d23.gif

Well since Tacoma is not going to book any trips we might need to have Tim take back over that duty.ย 
Timโ€ฆStart booking!!ย 

• lol 1