November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

11 minutes ago, LowerGarfield said:

Maybe just a Yukon torch. Btw I saw your post to NWS Spokane and way to go on the snow you got. Was there any significant melt today?

Nope.  We had low clouds and some fog, but no real warm up.  We have had snow on the ground since Nov. 6th.  Not a great deal of snow, but a lot for November.  Since the 11/6 snow we have been in the 30's for highs and teens or 20's for lows.  No wind or rain to speed up melting, we lost a little bit between then and Tuesday but still had some on the ground.  I will probably not see the grass again until March, assuming this pattern verifies.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

A lot of posters like heat waves at face value without needing another weather event going along with it lest it be considered “wasted heat”.

You said there were people that posted here that only like warmth. I've never seen one in the 8 years I've been on the forum. Even Tim admits that he likes snow in Dec and Jan. I'm also on board with him in that cold without snow is pretty useless. If it's cold out, there needs to be snow for it to be enjoyable.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, Dave said:

You said there were people that posted here that only like warmth. I've never seen one in the 8 years I've been on the forum. Even Tim admits that he likes snow in Dec and Jan. I'm also on board with him in that cold without snow is pretty useless. If it's cold out, there needs to be snow for it to be enjoyable.

I didn’t say that. I meant a lot of people here who like heat are ok with plain heat by itself. And that last part is your opinion, that’s cool 👍

Edited by Cascadia_Wx

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Looking good for the block to reset just after day 10 again.  For now the first two cold shots are looking very solid.  Good start to winter!

• Like 6
  • Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3