November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Dropped to 35 here currently 37 with dense fog. This month is going to end up solidly below normal now that the models backed off the warmth projected for today a few days back. We also had a midnight low last night to keep the average even lower. December looks like it’ll have a good start on being below normal too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terreboner said:

Mark Nelsen must be on vacation huh??  Haven't a blog post from him in over a week now.  And I would assume he would chime in on the potential weather pattern change.

I think he's still there he made a podcast a few days ago. Maybe he's waiting for a few more Euro runs or something

2 minutes ago, Doinko said:

I think he's still there he made a podcast a few days ago. Maybe he's waiting for a few more Euro runs or something

I would expect something from him by today or tomorrow at the latest.  I think he's burned out on the blog, IMO.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

What is their coldest November?

Their coldest this century is most likely 2000. Portland’s is as well. This month has a shot at being the coldest November since then but might not quite edge out 2000. Depends how cold anomalies perform the next week.

• Like 2

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

21 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Yep. Here too. 

NW flow is often great for my area. Can cause a sea-effect snow band to form in the Strait of Georgia that plows ashore and dumps. Happened between Christmas and New Years last December and led to a snowfall overperformance.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

4 minutes ago, Doinko said:

Yeah I've noticed he hasn't really been posting that much recently

He doesn’t seem to be the snow and cold fan he used to be. Views it mostly as something that gets him stuck in the studio or threatens his tropical plants.

• lol 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1
  • Snow 1
  • Troll 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Even with the lows coming in just north of Seattle…it still ends up being good for western WA with very cold air pouring onshore behind the low. However it would be better if they came in further south for the Oregon folks. Us too would allow for the colder air to lock in better. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1