November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Glad to hear Jim has finally gotten onto the sustained cold bandwagon!!!!

Ended up with a 55/31 day yesterday. Foggy and 35 this morning, heading for a high in the low to mid 40s with the cold front draping in later on. The rumors of the upcoming Thanksgiving heatwave were greatly exaggerated. We should be on track for a solidly if not well below average rest of the month and beyond as well. Hope everyone had a great holiday.

• Like 4
  • Troll 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, snow_wizard said:

I think the Arctic front was so overpowering in Dec 1990 that is screwed places south of Seattle.  The wind shift period was just too brief for places further south.  I was lucky to be living in the zone at that time.

Dec 1990 was my first real snow/arctic memory. We got 2-3" in Tacoma, but it was a FLASH freeze and lasted even on the neighborhood roads for about a week.

• Like 3
  • Shivering 2

A forum for the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Ended up with a 55/31 day yesterday. Foggy and 35 this morning, heading for a high in the low to mid 40s with the cold front draping in later on. The rumors of the upcoming Thanksgiving heatwave were greatly exaggerated. We should be on track for a solidly if not well below average rest of the month and beyond as well. Hope everyone had a great holiday.

Glad you're feeling better about things.  Nothing like some cold anoms under our belts to help with that.

• Like 3
  • Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, snow_wizard said:

Glad you're feeling better about things.  Nothing like some cold anoms under our belts to help with that.

The last couple warm seasons really punched the stuffing out of me. Horrible summers especially. Just gotta take it as it comes I suppose.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

How much better was it? 

1669874400-s1vOJzHKAJ4.png

• scream 1
  • Facepalm 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Yeah, despite full sunshine yesterday afternoon we only ended up hitting 56 here in Myrtle Creek. Far cry from the temps near 70 the models were spitting out 4 or 5 days prior.

• Excited 1

A forum for the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

Yeah, despite full sunshine yesterday afternoon we only ended up hitting 56 here in Myrtle Creek. Far cry from the temps near 70 the models were spitting out 4 or 5 days prior.

It was a spectacular Thanksgiving... sunny and around 60 out here.     Could not ask for better weather.   👍

• Like 2
  • Sun 2
  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Do not look at the 12z Ukmet.  🤮 

That is so out of left field you have to call it a gigantic outlier.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

4 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I have no idea how, but I pulled off a 51/30 yesterday.  I was quite pleased.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I have no idea how, but I pulled off a 51/30 yesterday.  I was quite pleased.

I am honestly starting to think something is wrong with your thermometer.     Its just been so different.    I have not seen even seen frost at all since we got back from Florida a week ago.

• lol 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1
  • Shivering 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

14 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Cold in the winter and warm in the summer... been on quite a roll lately.     I suspect we have another very warm summer ahead.    Seems like a pretty easy bet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Troll 3

2 minutes ago, joelgombiner said:

Happy 30th birthday to the Euro ensembles! 

Also… 30 years ago TODAY The Bodyguard starring Kevin Costner and some crackhead was released. Went to see it in the theater a couple weeks later and it snowed (briefly and didn’t stick☹️)!!!

• Excited 1
  • lol 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Cold in the winter and warm in the summer... been on quite a roll lately.     I suspect we have another very warm summer ahead.    Seems like a pretty easy bet.

Sure seems to be the trend. Interesting that paleo people are seeing evidence for topsy-turvy climates in the western U.S. in the early Holocene. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Also… 30 years ago TODAY The Bodyguard starring Kevin Costner and some crackhead was released. Went to see it in the theater a couple weeks later and it snowed (briefly and didn’t stick☹️)!!!

Better watch it. Whitney Houston's ghost will sick Bobbie Brown on you and disimpact your bowels. 

• Like 1
  • lol 1

27 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Man the 12z euros gonna be critical! 

The track of the midweek system will obviously be crucial to how good this might turn out.  I wouldn’t put much stock in low pressure tracks until that 48-72hr window. We’ve got a ways to go. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

34 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

That one was more of a thin, intense convergence zone along the arctic front. Most of Seattle got 6-12" of snow, but SEA got very little with that one. What the 12z shows would be more of a widespread snowfall with the low coming across the South Sound. Looks more like 11/22/10 to me.

Yeah, I was playing in a basketball game at HHS in Burien during the 1990 event and the snow had not yet started by tipoff.  At halftime it was snowing heavily and all wrapped up by the time the game ended.  In a way I kind of feel cheated now realizing how close we came to scoring big :)

• Like 1

This is the most important run of the season, until the 00z tonight! Then THAT will be the most important run, only to be quickly overshadowed by the 12z tomorrow morning. Then the 00z Saturday night following that will finally be the single most decidedly, crucial, and vital model run ever, but then Sunday mornings 12z ...... and....... then.......

• Like 7

That second trough might do something for the foothills and higher elevations down here, but it's that mid-week system with offshore flow already in place that's our classic setup. Hope it stays suppressed enough to dive south of us or hover around the mouth of the Columbia.

• Like 2
  • Shivering 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"