November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

If we get good snowcover to survive into Friday, our cold potential seriously increases. Low level cold is greatly enhanced by snowpack.

I am starting to believe the entire Seattle area will have snow on the ground by Thursday and its going to stick around for quite some time with no SW flow in sight.

• Like 9
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

What you thinking Tim? for your place. Hard call for sure and honestly i think even despite the south flow that you might get hit hard before any change to rain and the change to rain might only be a couple hrs because the post airmass behind this front will drop snow level back down pretty fast.

I think we have 6-8 inches on the ground here by Friday morning.    

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TT-SEA said:

I am starting to believe the entire Seattle area will have snow on the ground by Thursday and its going to stick around for quite some time with no SW flow in sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if both me and you had over a foot on the ground by Saturday morning.

• Like 5

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Someone ban me from messaging in this forum for a while, I need to stop procrastinating this essay IMMEDIATELY.

• Like 1
  • Excited 2
  • lol 3
  • Sun 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

17 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

You at 1k ft?? You should see more than a few flakes?

I'm a bit skeptical of any accumulation-- I think if my area (or even the PDX lowlands) were to get anything whatsoever it would be later this week with even a hint of offshore flow. Then again, it might just be too warm for anything but some pretty looking snow showers.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

2 minutes ago, Kuna_Idaho_Dude said:

Can anyone comment on how a drive from Boise to Astoria will be weather wise on I84/30 on Wednseday? 

If you go by what gfs say's then you will need a snowmobile. If you follow euro guidance than you could drive a convertible Cadillac.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

18z GEFS hot off the press. And you'll *NEVER* believe what it says... lol1669658400-U40YuKoXlsA.png

• Like 5
  • Excited 2
  • lol 2
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

7 minutes ago, Nov1985 said:

How's this?

cc38d264-474f-4208-894a-ef6696f4f993.gif

The screw hole finally got filled in.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, RayRay said:

I have homework due tonight and a 2 hour test I have to do on Wednesday while distracted by the snow.

I feel ya man. Got tests this week too, I don't know how I'm gonna make myself prepare for them.

• Like 3

My Twitter

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

So what happens if gfs is close on these snow totals lol. 

I know, this consistency has to make you wonder at what point we believe it... I'm not saying we've reached that point yet, but I want to.

My Twitter

11 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Dewpoints are running 3-10F colder than modeled over the area. Could be a surprise lurking tomorrow. With insolation maximized, now is the time of year to do it.

Is this more inline with the GFS?

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Everything turned around quickly while you were gone jim leave now and don’t jinx us 😂

I just needed a break.  I was getting way too wound up.

The stakes are pretty high with this potential snowfall.  Anything we get could be around for a while!  Of course it would lead to colder temps during the cold snap as well.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, Cloud said:

Can confirm some flurries at SODO. ❄️ 

It is cold out there!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I just noticed that my sister's neighbor has a heated driveway. Must be nice. I'm bummed for us in the Willamette Valley, but looking forward to seeing how this plays out for you guys up north. If you haven't done so already, be sure to load up on eggs, bread, milk, kale, and booze. I imagine the grocery stores must be an absolute shitshow right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

So what happens if gfs is close on these snow totals lol. 

It is nice to see the ECMWF being a bit more wintry now as well.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9