November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

Hasn't been as bad here a bit to the northern part of the metro area compared to Tigard and that area but it's still been annoying. Maybe we can get an event like February 2014 or the 2016/2017 events to give the W/SW metro more snow sometime soon.

For West or SW metro to beat east metro we need the arctic airmass to actually make it here. Gorge outflow would eat up east metro snow but west and SW would score big. East metro will always be colder than us but we can beat them out with precipitation...

• Like 1

Just now, DeepFriedEgg said:

For West or SW metro to beat east metro we need the arctic airmass to actually make it here. Gorge outflow would eat up east metro snow but west and SW would score big. East metro will always be colder than us but we can beat them out with precipitation...

I'm not sure if the gorge outflow eats up my snow sometimes as well. I get a strong east wind during snowstorms downsloping off of the West Hills but I usually do fine in those unless it's like 2021 which had sleet/ice. 2016/2017 I also did really well, I think we had around 18" of snow. After that though not as great.

I see now.  This must be the proverbial 'warning shot' although I did get 3" yesterday

update sent to delay snow into North Idaho and the eastern
third of WA until later this afternoon with light snow chances
increasing 3-6PM. This snow will be light but has the potential
to impact the evening commute. This snow for North Idaho and far E
WA will taper off before the main event arrives early Wednesday
morning.

15 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Moderate snow picking up again! 

You need to add a location to your profile.    I don't remember where you live.

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, Doinko said:

I'm not sure if the gorge outflow eats up my snow sometimes as well. I get a strong east wind during snowstorms downsloping off of the West Hills but I usually do fine in those unless it's like 2021 which had sleet/ice. 2016/2017 I also did really well, I think we had around 18" of snow. After that though not as great.

Oh it definitely does eat up some but it shouldn't be as much as east metro...

But I guess the down sloping could eat up even more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phishy Wx said:

I see now.  This must be the proverbial 'warning shot' although I did get 3" yesterday

update sent to delay snow into North Idaho and the eastern
third of WA until later this afternoon with light snow chances
increasing 3-6PM. This snow will be light but has the potential
to impact the evening commute. This snow for North Idaho and far E
WA will taper off before the main event arrives early Wednesday
morning.

Yall are gonna get wrecked so bad. My dad is up in Twisp and he basically has to stay and plow or we probably wont be able to get back up there again for a while

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

He look angy 

He is. Look at his poor tail!

• Sad 6

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

According to NWS observations (https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?obs=true&wfo=sew) the station measurement closest to the low of Vancouver Island is 989 mb at last report. The center is probably what 986 to 987? Model projections 24 hours ago for low (yesterday's 18Z runs)

• GFS: 985
  • ECMWF: 991

These models are probably meeting in the middle again (but it's not actually 4pm yet...). Looks like ECMWF might have got the location better though?

chrome_wyWvosIApg.png

chrome_M2GK0hMHGe.png

chrome_jifczyWgat.png

• Like 1

Had to run down to Smokey Point. Snowing but only sticking a tad to the landscaped areas. Back at work and it’s starting to stick pretty good. When I left the house it was definitely starting to add up, had to do the first carport snow removal of the season! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!