November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

I think you’ll do decent tomorrow night. 

We could too.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, administrator said:

We’ve got a whole week of sloppy flakes, mountain snow, and photos of a North Bend shed glazed in snow with commentary from its owner who will wax unpoetic about the blizzard of burden he endures at 999ft. So don’t feel embarrassed, at least you’re not the schmuck who has spent 8 years managing a website to only get a Kevin Martin threat, Michael Snyder block, Joe Z unfollow, and dozens of Cliff Mass subtweets.

Wow. That person has totally thrown their life away!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Ya, I am feeling it too, probably gonna take a nap tomorrow after work and pull an all nighter since I have to login for work at 4 AM Thursday morning 🤣!!

Im planning on going to bed early tonight and maybe getting a couple hours of sleep tomorrow night. I have high hopes for your location should have more precip to work with than we will. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, administrator said:

We’ve got a whole week of sloppy flakes, mountain snow, and photos of a North Bend shed glazed in snow with commentary from its owner who will wax unpoetic about the blizzard of burden he endures at 999ft. So don’t feel embarrassed, at least you’re not the schmuck who has spent 8 years managing a website to only get a Kevin Martin threat, Michael Snyder block, Joe Z unfollow, and dozens of Cliff Mass subtweets.

Also I’m stealing “blizzard of burden”

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

I think we wind up somewhere between 0.5-1.5 inches here at my house. The nice thing is the snow should stick around for a little while afterwards. Not a ton of precip to work with like today but temps are not nearly as marginal. 

The trajectory tomorrow night is extremely favorable for our areas.  We could see enhanced showers training off the south slopes of the Olympics.  The chance is there for something quite good.

• Like 6

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

Tomorrow night/Thursday morning is darn near a perfect set up for here.  As of now, I would say 4-8" is very possible.

I’d be shocked if you had less than 2” of snow. This is the type of set up that works really good south of Seattle. Low off the coast down towards WA/OR border with cold air in place rotating bands in from the SW. 

Just now, snow_wizard said:

The trajectory tomorrow night is extremely favorable for our areas.  We could see enhanced showers training off the south slopes of the Olympics.  The chance is there for something quite good.

Yep, high chance of heavy banding from the Olympics for here combined with low level Chehalis Gap love!!

Weather app says it’s raining but it’s dumping snow at my house lol.

• Like 2
  • Troll 1

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

I got a later start than most, but it's been ripping pretty steady for the past couple hours.

There's something extra special about night snow. Especially pre-Christmas night snow.

28° with wind still out of the NE. Hopefully the outflow can continue to beat back the southerly flow for a good portion of the night. Precipitation doesn't look to be ending anytime soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I definitely feel pretty good about it. Models don’t have a ton of precip to work with (on some runs anyways) but this is a great south Puget sound/SW WA set up. 

One thing I have to say about it here is the cold hangs on very well.  Just as cold as places getting snow and some of those will probably warm up while it's still cold here.  As long as there is an easterly component to the pressure gradient the south wind can't get in here.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Lmfao… I don’t know if I should cry or be happy? 

0.9” being the greatest measurable snow in over a decade. 

Better than PDX at least. Their snowiest entire month of November of this century is 2003 with a grand total of 0.6"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Lmfao… I don’t know if I should cry or be happy? 

0.9” being the greatest measurable snow in over a decade. 

This was also our biggest November snowfall since 2010 as well. 2017 and 2014 only had 1/2” an inch. Big November snow just isn’t very common and even modest events only come around every 5 years or so it seems. 

• Like 1

Guest administrator
6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

So odd, was still snowing at 34.2 but now it’s all rain with a sudden temp drop to 33.6…Alrighty then. 

At 36ft in Everett and it has been snow the whole time while.

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

Better than PDX at least. Their snowiest entire month of November of this century is 2003 with a grand total of 0.6"

Gonna be another three decades before that one goes 🤧

• lol 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sick 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

3 minutes ago, North_County said:

I got a later start than most, but it's been ripping pretty steady for the past couple hours.

There's something extra special about night snow. Especially pre-Christmas night snow.

28° with wind still out of the NE. Hopefully the outflow can continue to beat back the southerly flow for a good portion of the night. Precipitation doesn't look to be ending anytime soon.

Pics/vids appreciated! SE wind ripping here on lake whatcom. 39* and raining.