November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

2 minutes ago, administrator said:

At 36ft in Everett and it has been snow the whole time while.

Such an interesting dynamic evening! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, joelgombiner said:

Reminder that the GFS thinks there are some big valleys through the Cascades that don't actually exist. So it tends to overdo cold air advection via east winds in situations like this. 

I don’t think the GFS is even aware that such a thing as mountains exist when it comes to modelling cold air advection.

• lol 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

4 minutes ago, Olive1010 said:

Anyone think western portland will get snow? or near bethany

Not optimistic about any meaningful accumulation

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

This bust was bigger than most but I can't help but feel like there's always a bust (just not this big) to start the season, then everyone downplays the models when they predict snow afterwards, only to see some of us get shocked when something verifies and people get surprised in the middle of a commute or workday. It's fascinating how finicky our microclimates are here in the PNW and how difficult this can be, but I'm excited to see what's next. 

• Like 6

Just now, TacomaWx said:

I’m sure considering it’s the gfs the totals tomorrow night are somewhat overdone too. Temps look good though. 

I trust the GFS for the Seattle/Tacoma area much more tomorrow night since the air mass will be colder and all the models agree on that.  

• Like 5

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**