November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Currently 39*F. Again, many rains have fallen. 0.65 on the weather station. Biggest gust was 30.9mph at 8:30 last night. 

Had to get up at 1am and go out side to check the Starlink satellite on the house. App said it wasn't upright and internet was out, so I think it may have gotten a bit jostled. 😕 (Not a Melon Smusk fan, I AM a fan of reliable, fast internet though, something I lacked previously)

I am thinking these models saying we're getting snow today are high on crack. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

This could bust for Tacoma tho…. Current gfs shows Seattle at 32… rn it’s close to 40…..

For tonight or last night? All the models for tonight look just fine for tonight including the 0z euro. Biggest difference across the board is how much precip there will be to work with. 

2 minutes ago, JSnowlin said:

Cool, nothing like having a major thoroughfare E-W being blocked.

I'm guessing a lot of folks are trying the backway over Sylvan hill into downtown. 

My husband takes it to get to work, so I have no idea how he'll get out there. 

• Like 2

Overall the cmc and euro look pretty similar for tonight with a sharp cut off on snow north of king county (East king county gets hit) while the gfs spreads the precip up towards Everett. We’re just a few miles south of the cutoff which makes me slightly nervous but sometimes the models under-do precip on the north side of fronts moving in seen it quite a few times. 

Lost power around midnight but luckily got it back around 3. Hard to measure what we've got but guessing between 4-6inchesof wet snow. Was snowing heavy still when power went out but was 35 amd raining when the power came on. Main roads look OK but sides are a slush mess. This likely doesn't all go away today meaning a freeze over with maybe more snow on the way. Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Overall the cmc and euro look pretty similar for tonight with a sharp cut off on snow north of king county (East king county gets hit) while the gfs spreads the precip up towards Everett. We’re just a few miles south of the cutoff which makes me slightly nervous but sometimes the models under-do precip on the north side of fronts moving in seen it quite a few times. 

Euro EFE8D439-6AC9-4A63-8939-2EABB22C42A6.thumb.png.81b510d7da0bcfb5bd4b4d3d1394ad48.png

• Like 5
  • Sick 1

Stayed between 36 and 40 all night, .04" of rain.  My son's commute takes him to Hamilton, which is about 20 minutes or so east of Burlington.  He starts his commute about 3:45-4am, and said he hit very heavy sleet starting in the canyon south of Bellingham and it finally switched to snow as he got to Lyman (right next to Hamilton).

• Like 1

Mark has a good write up for us Oregonians.  Looks like arctic air stays close enough for the foreseeable future that pretty much anything is on the table.  To steal terminology from Rob, will just take a "notch" here or there for us to get nailed.

No matter what happens it will be fun to track.

Weather action is picking up! Stormy tonight, snow in Gorge, & lowland snow possibilities (kptv.com)

• Like 2

Just now, administrator said:

Grid frequency dropped to 59.79 Hz, easily the lowest I've observed so far this season. 

CleanShot 2022-11-30 at 07.28.29@2x.pngCleanShot 2022-11-30 at 07.30.37@2x.png

Dang, Edmonds/Lynnwod in the 'screw you' zone. Must've been bad stuff happening there.

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Driveway out.

20221130_073529.jpg

Like the advice you gave me a few years ago when my driveway was blocked…Close your eyes and floor it!! 

• lol 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!