November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Model suite still looks good for at least somebody, esp at elevation. Andrew, y’all got a truck to go up to the mtns?

• Like 3

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

5 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

I had around 20 inches at my place. Was amazing. I’m at 600 feet and feeling slightly optimistic about next week. 

Consistent line of showers dropped 10” total over 3 straight nights in onshore southerly flow snow hahaha.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

18 minutes ago, Kolk1604 said:

I feel like that's more of end of winter thing. 

I liked where the 00z Euro was going and I'm hoping it trends colder

The way the models look now, that pattern is going to be one that will struggle to push the continental air south with much efficiency.  North and higher elevations are your best bet.  Maybe things will shift for the better still. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

The way the models look now, that pattern is going to be one that will struggle to push the continental air south with much efficiency.  North and higher elevations are your best bet.  Maybe things will shift for the better still. 

Yea definitely best to keep expectations in check…atleast for another few days as we get closer with the model runs. If set up was just a few weeks later it would be an absolute slam dunk though just harder to pull off so early in the season. Need more things to go right for it to work out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Yea definitely best to keep expectations in check…atleast for another few days as we get closer with the model runs. If set up was just a few weeks later it would be an absolute slam dunk though just harder to pull off so early in the season. Need more things to go right for it to work out. 

Yep. Some people north of say Olympia will probably see some snow out of this.  Maybe even a little continental air makes it out of the Fraser gap next week.  Strong north wind with arctic air sweeping down through Puget Sound? Probably not. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

GFS is outputting fringy a** temps but showing snowfall. Call me a skeptic. 

Won't stop the masses from panicking about snow because their phone shows a snowflake. 43/34 be dammed, it's gonna snow!

• Like 6
  • Excited 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

13 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Yep. Some people north of say Olympia will probably see some snow out of this.  Maybe even a little continental air makes it out of the Fraser gap next week.  Strong north wind with arctic air sweeping down through Puget Sound? Probably not. 

Probably a bit 2017-like. 

Maybe even 1973 if you wanna go old skool, but probably won't be that significant.

• Like 3

Guest administrator

Just got off a conference call with Judah C, Cliff M, and Joe Z, all are in agreement that there is nothing much here and we are in the throws of a GFS fever dream. It'll be nice to get some much needed rain and as it wont really get below freezing for more than six hours, I don't have to cover my tomatoes. Its a win-win-win!

4 minutes ago, administrator said:

Just got off a conference call with Judah C, Cliff M, and Joe Z, all are in agreement that there is nothing much here and we are in the throws of a GFS fever dream. It'll be nice to get some much needed rain and as it wont really get below freezing for more than six hours, I don't have to cover my tomatoes. Its a win-win-win!

These posts got old like a year ago. 

• Like 6
  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1
  • scream 1

11 minutes ago, Sonny Summers said:

I was thinking the same thing. This has an early November 2017 feel to it.

I remember a pretty decent Spokane snow in December 17 I think.  had just moved here and hadn't driven in snow in about 10 years prior at that point.

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

7 minutes ago, administrator said:

And the Seahawks will not win another game this season and the Broncos will run the table and will be headed to the Super Bowl. It’s a dark day all around. 1991/92 here we come!!! Let’s Ride!! Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 1
  • Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

16 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Maybe even 1973 if you wanna go old skool, but probably won't be that significant.

I’d gladly take something like November 2017 again. It wasn’t much snow…but if something similar to that happens again it would be one of the more epic seasonal transitions. From 80-90 degrees and smoke to upper 30s and some snow just a couple weeks later. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

These posts got old like a year ago. 

He’s probably right, though. No lowland snow south of Mossman! Us northerners will be posting snow pix and you will be stuck in the sad lands with nothing more than cold rain yet again.

Cheer up. It could be worse. You could live in Eugene and not see sticking snow for the next four or five years.

• Excited 2
  • Confused 1
  • Troll 1
  • Shivering 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

19 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

73 was pretty legit here. 32F high with almost a foot of snow and lows in the mid 20s.  Even YYJ picked up a few inches at sea level.  

• Snow 3

45 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Slow bleeds of cold air out of the Fraser always work out best for me anyway, if you'll allow me a brief moment of greediness.

• Like 5

Just now, North_County said:

Slow bleeds of cold air out of the Fraser always work out best for me anyway, if you'll allow me a brief moment of greediness.

As I observed a few days ago, the most important weather is always the weather that happens in your own backyard.

• Like 7
It's called clown range for a reason.