November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I never said people didn't have the right to leave.  I just wonder why having the speech more free would drive anyone to leave.  Some people just melt down when confronted with opposing ideas I guess.

For whatever reason they want, or no good reason at all. The right to do business with whomever one chooses includes the right NOT to do business with whomever one chooses.

And your hero Elon is hardly pro free speech (as you define it). He has chosen to fire more than one Twitter employee for tweets that he doesn't like.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

And Elon better not take it away! 

Meh. There's obviously a demand for the sort of service Twitter offers, namely, short-message social networking. If Twitter goes away due to Elon tanking it, someone else (hopefully multiple somebody elses, choice is a good thing) will fill the gap.

It's called clown range for a reason.

12 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Meh. There's obviously a demand for the sort of service Twitter offers, namely, short-message social networking. If Twitter goes away due to Elon tanking it, someone else (hopefully multiple somebody elses, choice is a good thing) will fill the gap.

I'm puzzled why there is a demand for any of it. Social media overwhelmingly has been a failed experiment with little upside or benefit.

6z NAM in 6 hours 20 minutes

19 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

It will take some time for things to settle.  I think some people will go back on there now that censoring leftists don't run it.

Musk has inserted himself as the decider of the information you and everyone else gets to see on Twitter.....you're OK with that? If you are, are you OK with that simply because you share his world views? Everything is cool now because it is now censoring rightists running the show? 

• lol 1

31 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Honestly I don't get the twitter craze and I think society will be far better off it is ceases to exist. There are too many lunatics on the platform. Far too many. Just my opinion. I live an app-free lifestyle though, so could just be me. Outstanding

00z ECMWF in 4 hours 53 minutes GET READY!!!!

Twitter connected me to more schools and people all over the country than anything else. Without it, people wouldn't have seen my story and who knows if insurance would've approved all my procedures.

• Like 6

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 hour ago, snow_wizard said:

If this pattern were to continue a few more days you would probably be seeing highs in the mid 30s or so.  Cold air is really building over the Basin.

And now just in time for a weak, splitting system to mix us out fully while delivering minimal precip. Typical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpaceRace22 said:

Moving up to WA next year and want to try to go somewhere that gets a reasonable amount of snow. Is there anywhere within 45 minutes of Redmond that gets significantly more snow than the rest of Seattle area? Thinking there realistically isn't anywhere within that radius that will get significantly more than any other suburb, but maybe there's something I've overlooked. Right now I will probably just look at houses out in the far east part of Redmond where the elevation goes up around 500', but let me know if there's something better!

I’m not familiar with the good microclimates down south, however if you change your mind and your landing area ends up further north I can give you great location possibilities in northern Snohomish County! 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

11 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Never got into the Twitter thing. Facebook is about as crazy as I get! 
Currently 32. 

But Twitter is how we get so many awesome weather related videos!   Most average people aren't posting on Twitter... its mainly for news and information dissemination.   

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There is no one left working there.    

I'm sure he will fix that.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm sure he will fix that.

He will! He's trying to bring Twitter back to pre-2020 Working Practices!

0z GFS starts in a few hours. 

• Like 3

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Down to 36 already and still a big spread between the temp and dp.

• Shivering 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Remember how quickly things can change! Hope people didn’t take his advice not to book the holiday ski trip! 

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2008/12/endless-fall.html?m=1

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Guest administrator
1 hour ago, snow_wizard said:

It will take some time for things to settle.  I think some people will go back on there now that censoring leftists don't run it.

You’ve have no idea what you’re talking about. This might be the first recorded instance where I side with Tim on something.

1 minute ago, administrator said:

You’ve have no idea what you’re talking about. This might be the first recorded instance where I side with Tim on something.

You have agreed with me on many things.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Already down to 33. Looks like tonight will be my 10th straight night of getting down to the 20s and 14th straight freeze.

• Shivering 1

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

I think it is safe to say there will be no 2018 Apple Cup redux (snow and wind).

• Sun 1
  • scream 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)