November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Night shift Rob?

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Bruh...

1.png

• Like 4
  • scream 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

10 hours ago, SpaceRace22 said:

Moving up to WA next year and want to try to go somewhere that gets a reasonable amount of snow. Is there anywhere within 45 minutes of Redmond that gets significantly more snow than the rest of Seattle area? Thinking there realistically isn't anywhere within that radius that will get significantly more than any other suburb, but maybe there's something I've overlooked. Right now I will probably just look at houses out in the far east part of Redmond where the elevation goes up around 500', but let me know if there's something better!

Live east of me. Once you get past Big Bend or go to May Creek. That's right at 45 minutes to Redmond, and way cheaper than Tim's hood.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Honestly I don't get the twitter craze and I think society will be far better off it is ceases to exist. There are too many lunatics on the platform. Far too many. Just my opinion. I live an app-free lifestyle though, so could just be me. Outstanding

00z ECMWF in 4 hours 53 minutes GET READY!!!!

We’re all lunatics in one way or another. Lol

• Excited 1

I’d love to live in a lake effect snow belt. Even just for a couple years. People I’ve talked to who’ve experienced it say it’s surreal, not just because of the snow amounts but also the extremely tight gradients in accumulation. You can go from several feet to zilch in just a couple miles. 😵

• Like 6

In other news, things lining up well for a big motherf**king -EPO towards mid-December (also a -NAO tendency). Scandinavian blocking already showing up across guidance for week-2, a precursor to the Okhotsk Sea low/associated +WAFz and EPO/NAM response. Someone is gonna get real cold next month.

In the meantime, the next 2 weeks look like a relative reprieve..generally +NPO/+EPO and progressive(ish). It ain’t gonna last, though.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

I’d love to live in a lake effect snow belt. Even just for a couple years. People I’ve talked to who’ve experienced it say it’s surreal, not just because of the snow amounts but also the extremely tight gradients in accumulation. You can go from several feet to zilch in just a couple miles. 😵

That band overnight looked extremely heavy. The buffalo airport had 5" of snow in an hour.

• Snow 1

8 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

It will probably become a freezing wind pretty soon now.  It has always amazed me the freezing power that a cold east wind has.  I have them here every now and then, and it is impressive.

We were out in Hood River yesterday where it barely cracked freezing. A lot of the gorge waterfalls are icing up.

• Like 6

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I have, of the Great Salt Lake. Lake effect plus upsloping. It seems as if the air is more snowflakes than air, and of course visibility is basically nil. This was decades ago when the lake was much larger than it is now; don't know how much of a lake effect there currently is from the GSL.

I remember them closing the mountain pass between Brigham City and Logan once due to snowfall rates of 6"/hr in the mountains.

• Like 6
It's called clown range for a reason.

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z GFS shows snow in a deformation band next Sunday...

gfs-deterministic-washington-snow_24hr_kuchera-9636800.png

Too far south, dump it out. 

• Like 1
  • Snow 2
  • Weenie 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Omak actually broke a record from 1955 yesterday.  Their low was 2 with a daily temp departure of -25.  The cold has been epic over there.

• Like 2
  • Shivering 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

One thing I have to say about North Bend is their inability to get cold nights in this pattern would kind of drive me nuts.  Obviously getting more snow more than makes up for it, but that is more uncommon than them getting the shaft on the cold mins in certain situations.  There are probably microclimates around there where that isn't a problem though.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3