November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Winds have suddenly picked up and are extremely powerful.  Leaves and branches blowing everywhere! :o  Where's my lantern... and teddy bear... 

I wish I could share video and pics with you all.  The trees are suddenly sideways and blowing nonstop, not just gusts.  It's too dark for my camera to pick up. :(

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Narrows up to 48 again…wind hasn’t let up here yet either. 

I wasn’t expecting this and I did squat to prepare.  Figured 20-30 range. Lights continue to flicker.   No gas for generator to run the pump under the house….yikes.   Hope electricity stays on 

Meanwhile…toasty out 58*

• Like 4
  • scream 1

7 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

Winds have suddenly picked up and are extremely powerful.  Leaves and branches blowing everywhere! :o  Where's my lantern... and teddy bear... 

I wish I could share video and pics with you all.  The trees are suddenly sideways and blowing nonstop, not just gusts.  It's too dark for my camera to pick up. :(

Video would pick up the noise.   Sounds intense!

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

I wasn’t expecting this and I did squat to prepare.  Figured 20-30 range. Lights continue to flicker.   No gas for generator to run the pump under the house….yikes.   Hope electricity stays on 

Meanwhile…toasty out 58*

Lots of flickering lights but we still have power. We rarely ever lose power last time was like atleast 8 years ago IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Windy 1

No one will see anything because it's so dark, but you'll hear the wind!  It's insane!  Probably the strongest I've seen or heard ever living here!  The flag on the flag pole is stretched out like a tablecloth and the trees are completely bent.  I've seen gusts here, but never nonstop like this.  The power of nature is amazing. I am in a protected spot in this video. 

• Like 4
  • Excited 2
  • Windy 1

Wind has now gusted to 35 mph here. About average for a westerly surge here, but the power is flickering like crazy.

• Like 2

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.34 (11/4/22)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 8.0"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5" | '21-22: 21.75" | '22-23: 10.0" 

2023-24: 7.0" (1/17: 3", 1/18: 1.5", 2/26: 0.5", 3/4: 2.0", Flakes: 1/11, 1/16)

1 minute ago, NWbyNW said:

No one will see anything because it's so dark, but you'll hear the wind!  It's insane!  Probably the strongest I've seen or heard ever living here!  The flag on the flag pole is stretched out like a tablecloth and the trees are completely bent.  I've seen gusts here, but never nonstop like this.  The power of nature is amazing. 

Wow!   

• Like 2
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, NWbyNW said:

No one will see anything because it's so dark, but you'll hear the wind!  It's insane!  Probably the strongest I've seen or heard ever living here!  The flag on the flag pole is stretched out like a tablecloth and the trees are completely bent.  I've seen gusts here, but never nonstop like this.  The power of nature is amazing. 

It's the wind surge Michael Snyder was expecting in that area.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

3 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

No one will see anything because it's so dark, but you'll hear the wind!  It's insane!  Probably the strongest I've seen or heard ever living here!  The flag on the flag pole is stretched out like a tablecloth and the trees are completely bent.  I've seen gusts here, but never nonstop like this.  The power of nature is amazing. I am in a protected spot in this video. 

AR-o-cane

I was recording and my power went out. I'll upload the video tomorrow. Everything's black. I watched the whole city go dark...

It is literally the strongest winds I have ever seen here. And it's constant. I just can't get over that it's amazing.

• Like 8

Power just went out at Husky stadium.   Not raining there and doesn't look really windy but game is now delayed.   Glad the Huskies just tied it up. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 3

This is a really south reaching westerly surge. Just got hit with the good stuff, it's really gusty out here.

Strait pushes hardly ever reach here, so when those NW'lies clip us they can do much more damage.

• Like 3
  • Windy 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Nasty out there this evening.  We've had the power threaten to go out a number times.  Looks like the Strait is getting blasted right now.

• Windy 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Power just went out at Husky stadium.   Not raining there and doesn't look really windy but game is now delayed.   Glad the Huskies just tied it up. 

Can you tell that it’s “not really windy there” from TV or are you actually there? My sister is there and said it’s very windy and the winds swirling inside the stadium. 

86BAB17C-07DB-471B-B472-112E2FC9AA09.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Windy 1

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

This is a really south reaching southerly surge. Just got hit with the good stuff, it's really gusty out here.

Strait pushes hardly ever reach here, so when those NW'lies clip us they can do much more damage.

South reaching southerly surge?  Did you mean NW winds have hit there?

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9