2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Most of the Republicans in favor of "crazy sh*t" didn't get voted in.

That's really what these midterms showed: most Americans don't want people on either political extreme in office. The Republicans who were backed by Trump were by and large too extreme right for most people, starting of course with the fact that almost all were 2020 election deniers.

Plenty of crazy ones still around. MTG is still there.

They will do crazy sh*t.

It's called clown range for a reason.

I can't confirm this, but Pelosi might be stepping down from being House Speaker, even if her party has the minority. 

EDIT: She is!

Nancy Pelosi will step down as top House Democrat after two decades - The Washington Post

• Like 1
  • Excited 2
  • Confused 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

On 11/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, Iceresistance said:

I can't confirm this, but Pelosi might be stepping down from being House Speaker, even if her party has the minority.

EDIT: She is!

Nancy Pelosi will step down as top House Democrat after two decades - The Washington Post

I admire her for being an effective speaker, but it’s definitely time to step aside and give a younger generation a chance. Doing it now lets the Democrats sort out who their next House leader will be before they regain the majority.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:04 AM, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I admire her for being an effective speaker, but it’s definitely time to step aside and give a younger generation a chance. Doing it now lets the Democrats sort out who their next House leader will be before they regain the majority.

LOL what? 

Just now, Kuna_Idaho_Dude said:

"I admire her for being an effective speaker"...............................................................................................................................

You think she wasn't effective at maximizing the Democrats' power?

1 minute ago, Kuna_Idaho_Dude said:

Nah, I think she was effective at destroying the country. 

And I think Trump was effective at precisely the same thing.

Regardless, you have now by virtue of that griping basically admitted a belief that she was a consequential, effective leader. Believing a leader to be effective is not the same as personally agreeing with them.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:39 PM, snow_wizard said:

It appears the Republicans have a decent shot at 222 or 223 when it's all said and done.

Too bad Laxalt wasn't able to pull off a win in NV so we could have a shot at the Senate.  Looks like they called the AZ governor's race too.  Kari Lake lost by a razor thin margin.

On a personal note, I'm thankful to the rest of the country for making up for the idiot voters in WA State who apparently want more out of control inflation, out of control crime, out of control gas prices, out of control government regulation, etc, etc.

Time for you to move. Come to Idaho. We like law abiding citizens here. 

• lol 1

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

And I think Trump was effective at precisely the same thing.

Regardless, you have now by virtue of that griping basically admitted a belief that she was a consequential, effective leader. Believing a leader to be effective is not the same as personally agreeing with them.

I literally said nothing about supporting Trump but nice virtue signalling. We can agree to disagree. I knew I should not have posted about politics on this forum. My mistake.. 🤣😂

1 minute ago, Kuna_Idaho_Dude said:

I literally said nothing about supporting Trump but nice virtue signalling. We can agree to disagree. I knew I should not have posted about politics on this forum. My mistake.. 🤣😂

Virtue signaling: when someone left of centre opens their mouth about their politics instead of staying quiet like a right-wing snowflake would prefer.

Some here sound truly shocked, shocked, that not everyone else shares their pet preferences.

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Virtue signaling: when someone left of centre opens their mouth about their politics instead of staying quiet like a right-wing snowflake would prefer.

Some here sound truly shocked, shocked, that not everyone else shares their pet preferences.

ah yes, there it is, the name calling from the "oh so tolerant left". Did you get enough soy today? It seems like your estrogen levels are rather high. 

Just now, Kuna_Idaho_Dude said:

Ahahahahahhahahahahhahah I just realized you're Canadian. Disregard evetything. It makes SO MUCH SENSE now... have a good night.

American living in Canada, but hey, call me silly and mislabel my politics and well, two can sling mud.

It's only virtue signalling if someone ELSE does it, right?

• Guest locked, pinned and unpinned this topic