2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

2 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Pretty soon some meteorologists will be offended that there's no Lx Ninx ENSO pattern. Maybe some of our leftists here already are.

I can assure you no one legitimate will care. I'm not fond of Latinx myself as well as many others, hence why Latine has been slowly making ground. Flows better off the tongue.

It would be Le Niรฑe or Les Niรฑes if we're going to make new concepts, maybe the new name for a neutral year if anything.

ย 

• Downvote 1

๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด,

๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ.

๐˜—๐˜ถ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

I really debated on partaking in this thread / politics thread and I've tried to avoid it for a long time, but from a newer member, I'm just saddened at some of the toxicity around here that seriously makes me pray for a few people. And I know it probably doesn't mean much since I don't have a footing here yet, it's just my two cents. Not too sure how to word this but I'll try.

In general, it sucks when you hold both leftist and conservative beliefs and it's just so draining when you feel like you're on both sides and being attacked on both sides. Election years are the worst for me, since I'm a brown man and people assume I'm some perpetual victim. There's good political discussion on this forum, and then there's bigotry/prejudice towards the LGBT+ community and Qanon-esque ramblings that seem to be shared so comfortably in these forums that would raise serious concerned eyebrows elsewhere.

I'm not going to out myself (yet) but I am part of the LGBT. I've lurked on this site for over a year so I knew what I was getting into; the passionate hobby for weather outweighed a lot of the politics and it's why I joined. But I kinda don't know anymore. I despise labels so I don't consider myself as leftist, conservative, Dem, Republican, centrist, libertarian, etc, I just want to be a human with a diverse range of beliefs who is respected as a human being. I don't force my ideals on others but I draw the line if someone is being blatantly disrespected or disrespectful. About "Latinx", I've experienced some extreme white leftists who try to impose that on mexicanos and cubanos who don't want to use latinx in college, it's softcore imperialism. When I asked if UW is open-carry or conceal-carry, since I'm brown and didn't feel too safe walking alone on campus, I got the strangest D**n looks towards me like I was some killer.ย 

I really hope this forum can grow because PNW weather is absolutely gorgeous and I remember when I joined, it was the overall vibe wanting to expand and appeal to new members. But I don't think it's going to happen if certain people around here carry knives behind their backs and I feel like I have to watch myself because red flags are everywhere.

• Like 9

๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด,

๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ.

๐˜—๐˜ถ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

6 minutes ago, HuskyMaestro said:

I really debated on partaking in this thread / politics thread and I've tried to avoid it for a long time, but from a newer member, I'm just saddened at some of the toxicity around here that seriously makes me pray for a few people. And I know it probably doesn't mean much since I don't have a footing here yet, it's just my two cents. Not too sure how to word this but I'll try.

In general, it sucks when you hold both leftist and conservative beliefs and it's just so draining when you feel like you're on both sides and being attacked on both sides. Election years are the worst for me, since I'm a brown man and people assume I'm some perpetual victim. There's good political discussion on this forum, and then there's bigotry/prejudice towards the LGBT+ community and Qanon-esque ramblings that seem to be shared so comfortably in these forums that would raise serious concerned eyebrows elsewhere.

I'm not going to out myself (yet) but I am part of the LGBT. I've lurked on this site for over a year so I knew what I was getting into; the passionate hobby for weather outweighed a lot of the politics and it's why I joined. But I kinda don't know anymore. I despise labels so I don't consider myself as leftist, conservative, Dem, Republican, centrist, libertarian, etc, I just want to be a human with a diverse range of beliefs who is respected as a human being. I don't force my ideals on others but I draw the line if someone is being blatantly disrespected or disrespectful. About "Latinx", I've experienced some extreme white leftists who try to impose that on mexicanos and cubanos who don't want to use latinx in college, it's softcore imperialism. When I asked if UW is open-carry or conceal-carry, since I'm brown and didn't feel too safe walking alone on campus, I got the strangest D**n looks towards me like I was some killer.ย 

I really hope this forum can grow because PNW weather is absolutely gorgeous and I remember when I joined, it was the overall vibe wanting to expand and appeal to new members. But I don't think it's going to happen if certain people around here carry knives behind their backs and I feel like I have to watch myself because red flags are everywhere.

Very interesting post.ย  We definitely like to let people say whatever they want as long as it isn't blatantly disrespectful or racist.

One thing for sure...weather is the one thing that brings us all together on here.ย  If I had to choose to give up politics or studying weather models and local weather history I would give up the politics without question.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

Republicans are at 207 for the House and the Democrats are down 7 seats so far.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I wasnโ€™t aware the lower Mississippi valley was part of Texas.

There were choctaws sent to Oklahoma on the trail of tears. Eventually they dispersed into neighboring states. ย Nice try.ย 

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

โ€œIfย I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and liveย in Hell.โ€ ย Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Love this!! So much for the informed vote ย 

Pennsylvania state lawmaker Tony DeLuca re-elected despite dying last month

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • scream 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

โ€œIfย I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and liveย in Hell.โ€ ย Gen. Sheridan 1866

42 minutes ago, HuskyMaestro said:

Only you can determine what and how much to divulge about your opinions and beliefs, but you will only be comfortable when you no longer feel like you have to walk on eggshells.ย  Say what you mean, and mean what you say.ย  If anyone has a problem with it, that is on them.ย  Far too often people get comfortable in their echo chambers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Sorry, Mississippi is not Texas.

๐Ÿ˜„. ย She married a minister in my mothers family. ย Ministers tended to move a lot in the early 1800โ€™s. ย She was born โ€œ White Cloudโ€. ย After she married she changed her name to Mary Cloud Robinson. Mary to honor Jesusโ€™s mother and her new faith. ย 
I have their marriage certificate but itโ€™s in the safety deposit box and very fragile. ย He was a Methodist minister. ย  My grandfather was 1/8th Choctaw. So Iโ€™m very watered down. 1/32 ! ๐Ÿ˜„ ย Thatโ€™s pretty much it ย ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HuskyMaestro said:

Welcome.ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskyMaestro said:

Welcome!

Iโ€™m actually probably the furthest left person here. I identify as a left anarchist. I usually donโ€™t let my radical side hang out because right now I perceive bourgeois democracy (and yes, that is what I call it) to be under threat by a domestic fascist movement, and Iโ€™d much rather work for social change under a bourgeois democracy than under the sort of fascist state that many Trumpers would evidently be happy to create. So I don't see the point in alienating those who could be potential allies in consigning Trump to the dustbin of American history by going on ideological quibbles with them.

P.S. Iโ€™m also *****, so youโ€™re not the only one here. Hah! It doesn't like the word cue you e e r. That's the problem with stupid computers: no context.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

12 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

There are already people working to make sure he stays away from Georgia.ย  Part of me still loves Trump for the good things he did while in office, but he is way out in the weeds now.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

18 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

There are already people working to make sure he stays away from Georgia.ย  Part of me still loves Trump for the good things he did while in office, but he is way out in the weeds now.

Your opinion changed based on what we could give you.ย  ย You ignored his endless BS for years because it benefited you.ย  ย  But its all the same BS from a man stuck in a middle school mentally all his life.ย  ย ๐Ÿ˜€

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, SnarkyGoblin said:

Monday morning quarterbacking.

I'm just glad to finally see some knives come out for the ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿคก. We shall see how long it lasts.

I would like it to be the start of the GOP purging the Trumpers, but Iโ€™ve been hoping for that for years, and every time what I think might be a tipping point passes, nothing happens. So I am not getting my hopes up.

• Like 3

Just now, hawkstwelve said:

Well, yeah, not that surprising. Republicans need to do a little soul searching to figure out what went wrong. I have an idea of where they can start...

This is a great summary from that article... nailed it.ย ย 

Independents made the difference then and they made the difference on Tuesday. They didnโ€™t want to keep hearing about voter fraud that didnโ€™t exist, or about how the world done wrong a multi-billionaire boo-hoo whiner who lost his reelection bid due to his own incompetence.

Voters have their own problems. This election was about them, not Toxic Trumpโ€™s pathological inability to accept his own failure โ€” and his desperate need to elevate cringe-inducing boot-lickers while punishing politicians capable of an independent thought.

The British political figure Oliver Cromwell once said about other British politicians who had overstayed their welcome and were ruining the country, โ€œIn the name of God, go!โ€

Yo, Toxic Trump: Scram.

• Like 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I'm just glad to finally see some knives come out for the ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿคก. We shall see how long it lasts.

I would like it to be the start of the GOP purging the Trumpers, but Iโ€™ve been hoping for that for years, and every time what I think might be a tipping point passes, nothing happens. So I am not getting my hopes up.

Yep... but I have a little more hope now seeing people on here who had the Trump blinders on for the last few years suddenly take the blinders off and look around and realize Trump is just a narcissistic moron.ย  ย  ย ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

The Trump experiment was worth it if not only for the Supreme Court justices he appointed. Any other good stuff he did (which was quite a bit) was just a bonus. But while Tim is right to a certain degree in that he's been like this since the beginning, I think he has gotten exponentially worse in some respects. Plus his schtick has just grown really old.

His track record since his initial win has also not been great. Lost House/kept Senate 2018, lost House/Senate/Pres in 2020, and now lost Senate/win House. That's one win since his fluke election. No matter how popular he may or may not be in the Republican Party, he is not great in a general election. Independents don't really like him and he drives Democrat turnout like nothing else. It's time to move on.

We actually have a good shot at the Senate.ย  AK is sure to go R and NV is looking good.ย  It will come down to the GA special election again in all likelihood.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

25 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I think one of the things that really made Trump popular was his willingness to tell the MSM to shove it.ย  Conservatives were sick of politicians on our side being such wimps.ย  That was a big thing for me, and then the good things he did as President.ย  As it is now he has really gone over the edge.ย  His jealousy of DeSantis is over the top.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

43 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I think one of the things that really made Trump popular was his willingness to tell the MSM to shove it.ย  Conservatives were sick of politicians on our side being such wimps.ย  That was a big thing for me, and then the good things he did as President.ย  As it is now he has really gone over the edge.ย  His jealousy of DeSantis is over the top.

He has no value to you now and now you see his true personality.ย  ย Its always been there... you just refuse to admit it.ย  ย You don't want to admit that you ignored all his BS for years because you got something out of it.ย  Its so ironic to see you calling him out now when he is EXACTLY the same person he has been since 2015.ย  ย  ย ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Well, yeah, not that surprising. Republicans need to do a little soul searching to figure out what went wrong. I have an idea of where they can start...

If you canโ€™t make a serious midterm wave with inflation hanging out around 8%, then you have a serious problem.

• Like 9

My preferences can beat up your preferencesโ€™ dad.

And I get it... sometimes you have to ignore crap to get something you really want.ย  ย  I don't have an issue with Trumpers saying they tuned out his BS for years.ย  But Jim acting like Trump has somehow become a different person in the last few weeks and now heย is going off the rails is laughable.ย  That is some serious denial gymnastics there.ย ย 

Of course he also offered no response to my post last week asking him to confirm that blowing up a federal building in the middle of a large US city is fine if you want make a point... as long as you make sure no one is in the building at the time.ย  ย While he also expresses shock at those who deemed property damage was fine to make their point back in 2020.ย ย 

Vote counting has slowed to a crawl in the undecided Congressional races.ย  Can't wait to hit 218.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

4 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

I don't think Walker will pull out the W in the run-off. He is under Warnock by 1 point and that was with the help of any Kemp voters that voted R downballot. He will not have that built-in support anymore and he's not a strong enough candidate to counteract that. And with the Republican Senate majority on the line, Dems will turnout enough to get the victory and stop that from happening. At least I think.

Either way it shouldn't have needed to come down to just GA to begin with. The Senate should be at least +3 Republican this go around given the state of our country. But we got crappy Trump candidates that regular people didn't like so now it's needlessly close. So it's a loss regardless of how GA turns out, IMO.

I would say the Republicans have just as much of an interest to give us the majority.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

4 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Vote counting has slowed to a crawl in the undecided Congressional races.ย  Can't wait to hit 218.

Must have slowed down for the night for day 3 of counting. Really California?

Never sayย Neverย with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

17 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

My grandfather (American - Born and raised in WA) was forced to be right handed as a young child.

๐Ÿ˜‚

Funny, I was too !ย 
( Ruined for life )

10 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Brace yourself Rubus. ย I holding my breath but I fear Trump may announce. ย 
I just wish the country could move beyond him. ย Find a better candidate. ย 
But- not likely. ๐Ÿซฃ

46 minutes ago, Andie said:

But- not likely. ๐Ÿซฃ

This is going to be fun to watch.ย  ย Trump won't back down and he is itching to announce that he is running.ย  ย He is going to spend the next 2 years viciously attacking fellow Republicans.ย  ย  Hopefully he is allowed back on Twitter so we can see the fully unleashed Trump... and Trump supporters get to enjoy the monster they created.ย ย 

Remember when Lindsey Graham absolutely hated Trump in 2015?ย  ย Then he turned into the biggest a**-kisser on the planet.ย  ย We should soon get to see the sweet irony of him going back to hating Trump.ย ย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

1 hour ago, Andie said:

But- not likely. ๐Ÿซฃ

Oh, Iโ€™m sure Trump is going to announce. It is as I posted earlier: Trump is 100% certain that he is Godโ€™s gift to America and that he can do no wrong. Whatever just happened in the midterms, Trump is absolutely certain that it is not his fault. Others are to blame, and only he can fix it. Heโ€™s running.

The question is: is the spell he holds over so many broken? Reluctant to conclude that quite yet, because I have seen so many previous potential tipping points that ended up not being tipping points, but we shall see.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Remember when Lindsey Graham absolutely hated Trump in 2015?ย  ย Then he turned into the biggest a**-kisser on the planet.ย  ย We should soon get to see the sweet irony of him going back to hating Trump.ย ย ๐Ÿ˜€

Speaking of Lindsey:

graham.png.caa4945b30a09172f69dfdfc84de8ac7.png

• Like 1
  • lol 4

11 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

We actually have a good shot at the Senate.ย  AK is sure to go R and NV is looking good.ย  It will come down to the GA special election again in all likelihood.

Your side started this down one due to the Vice Presidentโ€™s vote. Because Oz lost, the GOP now needs to pick up two seats. Alaska does not count because it was already held by a Republican. So they must win in both GA and NV. Possible but not likely.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:03 AM, Gradient Keeper said:

Of course. It's nuts. Where does it end? With people who think you can wake up and decide you identify as a friggin half trout/half Woman, and we're supposed to all conform to it, then there is no line to cross. That's the entire point. Lunatics cannot run the asylum. I assume this will lead to speech laws soon. Progressive Democrats are a disease.

I love you Rob, but literally no one thinks this. You should talk to people on the other side of the spectrum more (IRL), you seem to be a victim of the culture wars you so strongly decry. Most people's beliefs are a lot more reasonable and thought out when you actually talk/listen to them.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

This is going to be fun to watch.ย  ย Trump won't back down and he is itching to announce that he is running.ย  ย He is going to spend the next 2 years viciously attacking fellow Republicans.ย  ย  Hopefully he is allowed back on Twitter so we can see the fully unleashed Trump... and Trump supporters get to enjoy the monster they created.ย ย 

Itโ€™ll be entertaining for certain, but Lordy, I get tired of that voice! ย Heโ€™s like garlic chicken. ย A little is good, too much and get indigestion!๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

In truth, I want to hear other Right Wing voices. I want to hear their ideas. ย 
May be awful, but I think we should hear them.ย 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andie said:

Itโ€™ll be entertaining for certain, but Lordy, I get tired of that voice! ย Heโ€™s like garlic chicken. ย A little is good, too much and get indigestion!๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

In truth, I want to hear other Right Wing voices. I want to hear their ideas. ย 
May be awful, but I think we should hear them.ย 

I swear the people who sit out in the cold at these "rallies" and listen to a 75 year old man just rant and rave and scream for hours are truly brainwashed.ย  ย  I mean good God.ย  ย What is entertaining about that??

And Jim says he was so excited because Trump was sticking it to the MSM... but all they did was laugh at him.ย  ย No one except for Trump and his brainwashed idiots cared at all what he was saying.ย  ย He was just a madman standing out there yelling.ย  ย ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1
  • lol 1

I couldnโ€™t and wouldnโ€™t do it for any politician. ย ย 
I enjoyed the economy with him but I couldnโ€™t watch the news. ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1

A lot of people are saying the Republicans have wrapped up the House, but I only see 209 Republican seats that have been officially called.ย  Can't wait to see that magic 218!

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

ย 

Winter 2023-24 stats

ย 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

ย 

Donโ€™t you think it will depend on the nominee? ย ย 
I canโ€™t decide if people will gravitate toward Trump. ย DeSantis is the next bet and he stated heโ€™d do his full term as Gov. ย Who else is there? ย Christi Noem?ย