2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

4 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Yep, I wished they do what Georgia did: If the highest voter does not get 50% in a three-way race or more, then the 1st and 2nd place candidate will advance into a runoff.

In the end I think Palin will win.  Not sure how many eons it will take to be sure though.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

In the end I think Palin will win.  Not sure how many eons it will take to be sure though.

It all depends on the outcome

In the Alaska Senate, Tshibaka may edge out or force a runoff against Murkowski. 

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

12 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Really? She lost to a Democrat 9 months ago.

That seems pretty clear a lot of Alaskans don't like her and for good reason I might add.

Nope, there were at least 2 Republicans running against one Democrat in the special election, had there been 1v1, the Republican would have likely won.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Roe WAS the compromise.

I don't know of any limitations it placed on abortion. 

Even Democrats used to agree it should never be used as birth control and it should never be performed after the point of viability.  Now some support it up to the day of birth.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

29 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Nope, there were at least 2 Republicans running against one Democrat in the special election, had there been 1v1, the Republican would have likely won.

Right on.  Their election process is so complicated now you actually have to read up on it to understand WTF is going on.  I think I get it, but I'm actually not sure.

In the current count Palin and Nick Begich have combined for over 50% of the vote and Palin is ahead of Begich.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

CO-3 is 99% counted and the Republican is ahead by over a 1000 votes.  Not sure what their recount requirements are.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

22 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Even Democrats used to agree it should never be used as birth control and it should never be performed after the point of viability.  Now some support it up to the day of birth.

It's used to be "safe, legal and rare". Now it's used for women who are afraid the pregnancy might have a negative effect on their body appearance. Also the most ardent pro-choicer can be devastated if they lose the baby during pregnancy and actually wanted to have the baby.

Still though, the way people are today, a total ban is not a good idea. Better to educate people to seek alternatives.

15 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

It's used to be "safe, legal and rare". Now it's used for women who are afraid the pregnancy might have a negative effect on their body appearance. Also the most ardent pro-choicer can be devastated if they lose the baby during pregnancy and actually wanted to have the baby.

Still though, the way people are today, a total ban is not a good idea. Better to educate people to seek alternatives.

Even I'm against a total ban because this could be used in emergencies to save the mother's life. In Oklahoma, it's banned except in life-threatening situations.

But that rhetoric has been heavily weaponized by the Democrats.

There are still 6 uncalled Congressional races in CA that are leaning Republican (some heavily).  WTF is going on in that state?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

10 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

There are still 6 uncalled Congressional races in CA that are leaning Republican (some heavily).  WTF is going on in that state?

They have an extreme Democrat bias.

3 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Just imagine how the rest of the world views us when we still don't have a decision on the balancer of power several days after an election.  Flat out embarrassing.

In better news for Republicans...OR-5 looks very likely to go R for another flipped seat.  There are also two races east of the Rockies that are almost done counting with Republicans ahead.  That will take us to 214 with several Republican leaning undecided races in the West.  In AK it looks Sarah Palin has a good chance of winning that seat when that state's convoluted process finally runs its course.  I'm not going to pop a champagne cork until the official number reaches 218.

Popping the champagne over such a disaster for the Republicans... sad state of affairs.  Having the House might be just enough to make the Republicans culpable for the mess of the next 2 years.    But the worst situation is when one party controls all levels.   No checks and balances.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

LOL!  Who cares about the label?  MML insinuated that people who vote by mail are lazy.

I say if we can make international banking secure online, then voting should be viable online as well.

But then the right would all spontaneously combust. #voterfraud

I can see why on that part!

Just now, Iceresistance said:

Checks? What are you talking about?

Are you genuinely concerned about voter fraud if a secure way to vote online was created and implemented?

I mean we sign onto our phones with fingerprints and facial recognition, ffs.  The technology is there to make it completely secure.

Face scan, iris scan, SSN, user created password, a combo of two.  It can be done.

52 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Are you genuinely concerned about voter fraud if a secure way to vote online was created and implemented?

I mean we sign onto our phones with fingerprints and facial recognition, ffs.  The technology is there to make it completely secure.

Face scan, iris scan, SSN, user created password, a combo of two.  It can be done.

Well, I did not get what the checks were. 😳

Also, a face scan is becoming less common out of fear of it being used in Identity Theft or scammers using faces to break into certain accounts. 
There are problems with online voting: bots.

How about a finger print and a 9 digit I’d # combining numbers and letters? 
SS #s are nine digits. 

And you could add the precinct #. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

7 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

And the VAST majority still feel that way.  You are just in your bubble of literally no liberals so you have to make things up in your head.

The limitation of Roe was that states could put limits on abortion after established viability, which plenty states did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

Well, I did not get what the checks were. 😳

Also, a face scan is becoming less common out of fear of it being used in Identity Theft or scammers using faces to break into certain accounts. 
There are problems with online voting: bots.

Checks, as in writing checks instead of using credit cards out of fear of identity theft.

Bots are NOT an issue if one has to present proper physical and legal identification.

57 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

And the VAST majority still feel that way.  You are just in your bubble of literally no liberals so you have to make things up in your head.

The limitation of Roe was that states could put limits on abortion after established viability, which plenty states did.

I'm just going by what I see.  You have liberal women literally bragging about having abortions.  That is sickening.  I've seen the videos.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The Arizona Gov race is still counting. This close it’s bound to go to a recount. 
Currently, the Dem candidate, Hobbs is ahead bt very little.  Expect a recount and accusations of irregularities.  

https://www.wnd.com/2022/11/bombshell-350000-likely-gop-votes-uncounted-arizona/

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I'm worried about CA.  Apparently they have some stupid state laws that allow them to take forever to count the votes.  Plenty of time for them to figure out how to cheat.  I'm betting there will be some boxes of ballots that will magically appear at some point.

This slow vote counting in the West is an embarrassment.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Troll 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Laxalt's lead has gotten very small, down to .09%

It's going to come down to where the ballots yet to count came from.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It appears the Republicans probably have CO-3 and NY-22 wrapped up.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm going to assume the Republicans won't take the House back until it's proven otherwise.  Every time these counts get drawn out the Democrats come up with votes that appear out of thin air.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

9 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm going to assume the Republicans won't take the House back until it's proven otherwise.  Every time these counts get drawn out the Democrats come up with votes that appear out of thin air.

History repeats itself. Mail-in ballots suck. They take forever to count and until 2019 the New York Times said they are prone to fraud.