2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

1 hour ago, Deweydog said:

In line for the Harry Potter ride at Universal?

Nope, waiting in line for the new It's a Woke World After All ride at Chapekland. They now have separate lines for white heterosexual males, birthing persons, people of color, and LGQBT+ people. My line (the first one) is the longest.

7 hours ago, Randyc321 said:

Don't care about Texas, that is a state that will be changing it's views in the coming years and nobody knows where they will end up politically.

Florida.  Not so scary.  DeSantis' popularity and landslide victory are just what we need for ol' Trumpy to be moved on from.  Trump will continue dig his own grave at this point IMO.

Texas actually moved away from becoming purple in this election.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

49 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

@snow_wizardGet ready to celebrate! There is only one seat left until the Republicans gain control of the US House!

I was just going to say!  217 have been called.  Thank God, there will be something to check Biden's insane agenda.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

AZ-1 and AZ-6 called for the Republicans, they now have 214 seats in the House! They only need 4 more to claim Majority and they will likely be able to!

I guess the rumors of the Republican Party being dead in AZ were premature.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It appears the Republicans have a decent shot at 222 or 223 when it's all said and done.

Too bad Laxalt wasn't able to pull off a win in NV so we could have a shot at the Senate.  Looks like they called the AZ governor's race too.  Kari Lake lost by a razor thin margin.

On a personal note, I'm thankful to the rest of the country for making up for the idiot voters in WA State who apparently want more out of control inflation, out of control crime, out of control gas prices, out of control government regulation, etc, etc.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

18 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

It appears the Republicans have a decent shot at 222 or 223 when it's all said and done.

Too bad Laxalt wasn't able to pull off a win in NV so we could have a shot at the Senate.  Looks like they called the AZ governor's race too.  Kari Lake lost by a razor thin margin.

On a personal note, I'm thankful to the rest of the country for making up for the idiot voters in WA State who apparently want more out of control inflation, out of control crime, out of control gas prices, out of control government regulation, etc, etc.

High gas/grocery prices: No problemo!

Vaccine passports: No problemo!

Possible meat bans: No problemo!

Abortion bans: End of the world!

15 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

High gas/grocery prices: No problemo!

Vaccine passports: No problemo!

Possible meat bans: No problemo!

Abortion bans: End of the world!

Baby food shortages

Diesel shortages

Censorship of conservatives

Jack booted thugs from the FBI harassing conservatives

You have to be an idiot to vote Democrat.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

44 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

What happens when they’re all idiots?

It would definitely suck.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

11 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

I was just going to say!  217 have been called.  Thank God, there will be something to check Biden's insane agenda.

How is that going to happen?  The House Republicans are not going to agree on much.  They hate each other as much as they hate the left. The Freedom Caucus is one the right's worst enemy's when it comes to supporting party leadership. And, if they switch leadership to more align with the Freedom Caucus, then they alienate the Mod's and Indies.  Tough spot.  

The Right has a big mess to figure out, and surprisingly I wish they would.  We need a viable two party system to keep this country in check and in line with the majority of public opinion.

I am hoping when Trumpy announces tonight the Republicans can move on.

One more thing. Notice how I as a moderate Dem wrote about the Republicans and never once used an insult?(Used to be a registered Repub. Voted for both Bushes and never voted for a Clinton.  Supported Obama.)    We need more of that.  Reasonable discourse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg said:

That is something that the Founding Fathers may have feared where there was a multiparty political system. That is why they frowned upon it. 

• Confused 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

It looks like CA-27 is close to a lock for the Republicans.  The Republican has over 54% of the vote with 70% counted.  How on Earth do they only have 70% counted BTW?  Sheesh!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

GOP is now 1 away from getting a House majority. 9 seats left.

Let’s say the odds are 50-50 for each. In order for the Dems to get a majority, they would have to win all 9 of those seats. Odds of that are 0.5 × 0.5 × … (9 times) = 0.5⁹ = 1 in 512.

Even if I’m wrong and underestimating by a factor of 10, then we have 1 in 51.2 or around 2% odds of a Democratic majority.

Just to give some idea of how likely a GOP majority now is.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Some news outlets have already called CA-27 for the Republican.  I think this is 99.9% over.  CO-3 is also highly likely to go Republican.  99%+ counted and the Republican is ahead by over 1000 votes.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Is it official yet?

image.thumb.png.c895cfce0ed10024cf3ff3a90f3e707b.png

Phew!  I'm confident we will get a couple more.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

One of the first acts of the new Congress should be to impeach The Homeland Security Secretary for refusing to secure the border.  I've heard it's on the to do list.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

27 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

With Congress now deadlocked, there is going to be absolutely nothing done in favor of Biden for the next 2 years! That is going to make Biden even more unpopular!

Completely backwards.   He had full control for the last 2 years and he is wildly unpopular.  Similar to Trump from 2016-2018.   Its never good to have full control.    You always need to be able to blame the lack of progress on the other side,    Now he will have a scapegoat which will actually help him.    Politics is quite simple.   

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Completely backwards.   He had full control for the last 2 years and he is wildly unpopular.  Similar to Trump from 2016-2018.   Its never good to have full control.    You always need to be able to blame the lack of progress on the other side,    Now he will have a scapegoat which will actually help him.    Politics is quite simple.   

Plus, they will now do crazy sh*t in the House. You know they will. This will allow the Democrats to say “See! This is what they stand for! You don’t want that, do you?” in their 2024 election propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
It's called clown range for a reason.

6 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

I'm not sure about that, every election year and President is different. The Republicans could force Biden to show his true intentions and make him even more unpopular, by leaving Biden with no choose but to use his Executive orders to make sure that he can get what he wants.

I think that the Republicans getting the House may have stopped the Democrats' Woke Plans. They may have planned to indoctrinate our kids for CRT, Illicit worksheets even at Kindergarten, gender identity (really?), encourage anti-white racism (because they think it's not racism as long as its not anyone other than a white person, and I'm uncomfortable saying this, but enough is wnough), and make them Social and Racial Justice warriors. This road to doom is being paved with good intentions and looks. 

The Woke know how to destroy America from the inside out, by destroying families, which leads to a domino effect to facing extinction. When families are destroyed, society collapses, and when society collaspes, so does the government, and when that happens, the nation goes extinct. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

2 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Plus, they will now do crazy sh*t in the House. You know they will. This will allow the Democrats to say “See! This is what they stand for! You don’t want that, do you?” in their 2024 election propaganda.

Most of the Republicans in favor of "crazy sh*t" didn't get voted in.

That's really what these midterms showed: most Americans don't want people on either political extreme in office. The Republicans who were backed by Trump were by and large too extreme right for most people, starting of course with the fact that almost all were 2020 election deniers.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.