2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

Might be time for some of us to relax a little...

• Thanks 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

29 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

If you don't give a [bleep] about January 6th, then you don't give a [bleep] about law and order. Full stop.

And Democrats *did* accept Trump won. Hillary didn't call up election officials in states where she had lost by close margins and beg them to "find" votes. Hillary didn't have one of her top campaign officials call for "trial by combat" at the US Capitol.

Are Democrats perfect? No. But it is not even remotely equivalent.

https://www.thebulwark.com/yes-democrats-have-called-some-elections-illegitimate-gop-election-denialism-is-far-worse/

On the other hand, there was the whole Russiagate nonsense that dragged on forever...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A forum for the end of the world.

Shame one me. I genuinely thought Americans were sick of stupid gas prices. I genuinely thought that Americans were done with enormous energy prices. I genuinely thought that people didn’t liked to be forced to throw a solar panel on their roof for 20k or buy a 38k electric car that would have to be charged at times with unreasonable fuel prices at times. I genuinely thought Americans didn’t want to pay 70 bucks for a turkey just to spend time with family. I genuinely thought that Americans didn’t want to spend more on basic goods, or even a D**n Christmas tree. But tonight I learned that most of Americans only care about the letter next to the name they vote for and nothing else. Even if you disagree with me, I sincerely hope you have stocked up on supplies. Food and fuel. It’s about to get unreasonably expensive. I sincerely hope I’m wrong though I know I won’t be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 4

22 minutes ago, umadbro said:

Shame one me. I genuinely thought Americans were sick of stupid gas prices. I genuinely thought that Americans were done with enormous energy prices. I genuinely thought that people didn’t liked to be forced to throw a solar panel on their roof for 20k or buy a 38k electric car that would have to be charged at times with unreasonable fuel prices at times. I genuinely thought Americans didn’t want to pay 70 bucks for a turkey just to spend time with family. I genuinely thought that Americans didn’t want to spend more on basic goods, or even a D**n Christmas tree. But tonight I learned that most of Americans only care about the letter next to the name they vote for and nothing else. Even if you disagree with me, I sincerely hope you have stocked up on supplies. Food and fuel. It’s about to get unreasonably expensive. I sincerely hope I’m wrong though I know I won’t be.

Exactly right. It's tribalism and sheer ignorance. Too many people have lost the ability to think for themselves.

9 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

My sister lost.😬

I really think you’re one of the best people on this forum. You keep it light and you’re F*ck*** hilarious. I know you don’t care any more and I get it. You’re nearing your end and I genuinely hope I have your attitude at my end. I just wish some people would take this seriously at some point. It just isn’t happening anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, umadbro said:

I really think you’re one of the best people on this forum. You keep it light and you’re F*ck*** hilarious. I know you don’t care any more and I get it. You’re nearing your end and I genuinely hope I have your attitude at my end. I just wish some people would take this seriously at some point. It just isn’t happening anymore.

Both sides are passionate. I just fail to see the meat behind the passion on either side of the spectrum. Group think at its worst.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

NYT needle says Boebert may pull

it off. 

• Sick 1

7 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Both sides are passionate. I just fail to see the meat behind the passion on either side of the spectrum. Group think at its worst.

Your Time is about done. Mine isn’t. I’ve been paying extremely close attention . I really don’t believe enough people care about what’s going to happen in the next two years. Fetterman won and the dude is literally a potato. No offense to you, like I said. You’re on your way out and for some reason Greta Thunberg has more say over Musk who’s done more for this planet then any politician.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, umadbro said:

Your Time is about done. Mine isn’t. I’ve been paying extremely close attention . I really don’t believe enough people care about what’s going to happen in the next two years. Fetterman won and the dude is literally a potato. No offense to you, like I said. You’re on your way out and for some reason Greta Thunberg has more say over Musk who’s done more for this planet then any politician.

Eh, not so fast… I’ve got longevity in my family. Several family members who managed to make it into their 50’s.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Hey! This is not what I wanted this forum to turn into! The intent is to show Election Results! Not turning this into Politics v6.0!

NC-13 and OH-1 lost the Republicans in huge upsets.

Runoff in Georgia appears becoming very likely.

All I can say is that Fetterman got lucky in PA. 

Several New York seats could flip Red in a big upset. 

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

This is how we know Multnomah County is an absolute joke and lost cause. When pronouns are on a ballot measure that confirms that liberalism is a mental disorder. Even worse the brain dead voters voted that we need to change pronouns. I'm done living in this liberal utopia upside down clown world.

May be an image of text that says 'Follow this contest YES 26-230 MULTNOMAH COUNTY: AMENDS CHARTER: REPLACES GENDER BINARY PRONOUNS WITH GENDER NEUTRAL TERMS NO 62.23% 37.77% 142,358 86,404 TOTAL VOTES 228,762'
  • scream 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:
This is how we know Multnomah County is an absolute joke and lost cause. When pronouns are on a ballot measure that confirms that liberalism is a mental disorder. Even worse the brain dead voters voted that we need to change pronouns. I'm done living in this liberal utopia upside down clown world.

May be an image of text that says 'Follow this contest YES 26-230 MULTNOMAH COUNTY: AMENDS CHARTER: REPLACES GENDER BINARY PRONOUNS WITH GENDER NEUTRAL TERMS NO 62.23% 37.77% 142,358 86,404 TOTAL VOTES 228,762'

Likely Brainwashed, this is getting scary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Iceresistance said:

Likely Brainwashed, this is getting scary. 

Of course. It's nuts. Where does it end? With people who think you can wake up and decide you identify as a friggin half trout/half Woman, and we're supposed to all conform to it, then there is no line to cross. That's the entire point. Lunatics cannot run the asylum. I assume this will lead to speech laws soon. Progressive Democrats are a disease.

• Like 1

Just now, Gradient Keeper said:

Of course. It's nuts. Where does it end? With people who think you can wake up and decide you identify as a friggin half trout/half Woman, and we're supposed to all conform to it, then there is no line to cross. That's the entire point. Lunatics cannot run the asylum. I assume this will lead to speech laws soon. Progressive Democrats are a disease.

This is turning into a special kind of Communism that we've never seen before, it could become Woke Communism. 😳

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

It already is, and cultural Marxism. Political correctness will be the undoing of America.

This may allow Trump to return and exterminate this in 2024 once and for all. But only time will tell if that is the case. 

When the Republicans win the House, the chances for the Democrats keeping this going is a goner. 

EDIT: We've been this close to Communism before back in the 70s, but this time, things are different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

This may allow Trump to return and exterminate this in 2024 once and for all. But only time will tell if that is the case. 

When the Republicans win the House, the chances for the Democrats keeping this going is a goner. 

I prefer DeSantis. Speaks with more classic, professionalism, and ethics. Hey, I approved of all of Trump's policies, but not all the time with the way he conducted himself, spoke, and the manner he did so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

I prefer DeSantis. Speaks with more classic, professionalism, and ethics. Hey, I approved of all of Trump's policies, but not all the time with the way he conducted himself, spoke, and the manner he did so.

DeSantis may want to wait until Florida is 100% recovered from Ian (and/or Nicole), they might be doing a battle plan here: To have Trump run 2024 to finish the 2nd term, then DeSantis goes for 2028. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Democrats could be facing extinction for POTUS because they don't have anyone other than Biden to run for POTUS and the Republicans have a good number that can do so!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

I voted no on that. I see no point in bending over backwards to protect someone's  fee-fees. They already use the neutral terms, why make it mandatory. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Blob said:

I voted no on that. I see no point in bending over backwards to protect someone's  fee-fees. They already use the neutral terms, why make it mandatory. 

To satisfy the woke. I'm scared

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Blob said:

Likewise. To me this just paves the way for expanding speech laws because a fringe minority(or so I thought) cannot properly manage their feelings and emotions. How the hell 142,358 people in Multnomah County who actually voted YES. I don't want to live anywhere near people like this. I don't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I'm thinking at the possibility that the red wave has been delayed for 2024. 

Hopefully you find your ID by then. 

• lol 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1

As mentioned it looks like the Republicans are on pace to take the house. They needed to pickup 5 seats, they probably get 13-14. It was a very tough senate map. If they hold all their seats but PA where they had a terrible candidate, that is a decent outcome, especially if they can pick off GA or NV. They left a lot on the table, the question will be if they learn from this or double

down. If they stop trying to push unpopular abortion bans, and nominating idiotic candidates who are stuck in 2020 then they may do very well given we are about to go off an economic cliff. Also the dems will be defending a lot of senate seats in red states. 

And let’s be honest, as many democrats are stuck on January 6th there are republicans stuck on trying to re litigate that election. 

But I think many on here under estimate DeSantis. He very well may be our Orban. 

• Like 3

A thin margin of control in Senate and House will force compromise... in theory.   

I saw a poll that 65% of Florida voters do not want Trump to run again.   Republicans would do well to heed that message.  But the MAGA Trump cult will be tough to break... because its truly a cult. 

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 hours ago, The Blob said:

Looks like Kansas and Arizona might go blue. 

Don’t you think the exits from California created that.  Texas is dealing with some western influence but many gravitate to big blue cities.  

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

12 minutes ago, Andie said:

Don’t you think the exits from California created that.  Texas is dealing with some western influence but many gravitate to big blue cities.  

I do think it back fired on receiving people from California. They probably thought I'm getting the republican voters, but it's more likely the middle man who can no longer afford California and still votes blue.

• Like 3

Yup!!   It’s a mess.  

They’re already placing bets on 2024. 
<sigh>……..
Oy !!

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

3 hours ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Why do you care so much about something that has literally zero effect on you? 

Let people live how they want to live!!! Given the mental health and suicide rates of those people, it matters a great deal to them.  So why not be accommodating and do the smallest thing to help them feel better?

Because they're probably f*cking Dems.  Amirite?

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Another aspect to DeSantis's blowout victory: It's going to make it harder on Trump to bash DeSantis when DeSantis is clearly America's most popular governor and he is a huge star within the Republican Party. His stardom was already rising in the party post-COVID but last night just solidified it tenfold. From Republican voters, donors (a big one), establishment leaders - it's clear DeSantis will have a sizable upperhand with all those folks and Trump hitting him below the belt will not make him more popular. I mean, look at the Republican backlash Trump is receiving for crapping on O'Dea's performance in Colorado. People are not happy with him gleefully cheering on a Republican loss when it was already a tough night for us. A tough night because a lot of the candidates were chosen not based on experience or electability but instead on whether they were loyal to Trump and perpetuated his baseless claims about the 2020 election. So stupid.

Especially if Masters and Lake lose in AZ, it will have been a bloodbath for Trump-backed candidates. Oz, Masters, Lake, Michels, Mastriano, Dixon, Walker (depending on run-off but don't have high hopes), Zeldin, Bolduc. That's just the high-profile ones. You also have Karamo, Majewski, Jensen, Vega, and more downballot candidates that embraced Trump and/or election denialism and lost. Compare that run of losses to DeSantis's performance and it becomes very clear where the general electorate wants the Republican Party to look: not to the past in Trump 2020 but to the future in DeSantis 2024.

You mention the Arizona race, I think Lake will win by about 1.5% and Masters will lose by about 3%. 

The O'Dea example is interesting because he was a candidate without the MAGA baggage yet he was probably the biggest loser of them all. I mean we have a full on Q supporter running for Senate in Oregon who did about as well as O'Dea. So I think the answer is people like DeSantis, but without the Trump baggage. 

Also to note Republicans had a really hard time recruiting candidates to run in these races. On paper Ducey, Hogan, and Sunnuu could have all won had they run, but they stayed out of it because of Trump. If Trump is gone in 2024 maybe Ducey and Sunnuu run in AZ and NH and net two Republican seats. The fact is the Senate map is going to be incredibly tough for Dems to defend in 2024. If DeSantis runs and has coattails it's possible Republicans could flip 8-10 seats. 

3 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Why do you care so much about something that has literally zero effect on you? 

Let people live how they want to live!!! Given the mental health and suicide rates of those people, it matters a great deal to them.  So why not be accommodating and do the smallest thing to help them feel better?

Because they're probably f*cking Dems.  Amirite?

I guess in one sense I agree if the person is an adult. I don't know that you understand how much money the medical industry and pharma stand to gain here. 

Another argument that resonates with me is that in a society you have to draw boundaries. Anything goes sounds nice, but in practice is chaos, that is what we are seeing now. Our society devolving and collapsing in front of us, open drug scenes, rampant homelessness, families falling apart, a mental health epidemic. Could some of that have to do with the destruction of all societal framework? 

• Like 2