2022 Election Results

Iceresistance

Nevada is going to be super close. I think the Republican running for governor is going to win, Senate race will be decided by a couple thousand votes. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

30 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Why do you care so much about something that has literally zero effect on you? 

Let people live how they want to live!!! Given the mental health and suicide rates of those people, it matters a great deal to them.  So why not be accommodating and do the smallest thing to help them feel better?

Because they're probably f*cking Dems.  Amirite?

Gender dysphoria was once considered to be a mental health disorder, so it's no wonder some of these people have mental health issues. But now you can't call it that anymore. You must now accept it as fact that some men can get pregnant.

It does matter because in tyrannical governments, you can be put in prison simply for what you say. It may soon be a crime to call a person with testicles who identifies as a woman a "he".

California tried to pass a law that would ban all books that might be offensive to LGBTQ people. That would include books that were used to help people who suffer from gender dysphoria. Some people formerly in the LGBTQ community actually were against such a law because these books together with counseling actually helped them to get over their gender dysphoria or other issues.

Not surprised that this was kind of a nothingburger for Republicans. There were a lot of one-issue voters out there re:abortion. Poor priorities, but to be expected, and it was my main concern after the decision.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

As mentioned it looks like the Republicans are on pace to take the house. They needed to pickup 5 seats, they probably get 13-14. It was a very tough senate map. If they hold all their seats but PA where they had a terrible candidate, that is a decent outcome, especially if they can pick off GA or NV. They left a lot on the table, the question will be if they learn from this or double

down. If they stop trying to push unpopular abortion bans, and nominating idiotic candidates who are stuck in 2020 then they may do very well given we are about to go off an economic cliff. Also the dems will be defending a lot of senate seats in red states. 

And let’s be honest, as many democrats are stuck on January 6th there are republicans stuck on trying to re litigate that election. 

But I think many on here under estimate DeSantis. He very well may be our Orban. 

I'm not super confident about the Senate. It doesn't help that Walker is also a terrible candidate with very similar issues to Oz.

I wish Trump would fall off the political face of the earth, but he's so egotistical that it's never gonna happen. All of the candidates that he backed in contentious states have done disastrous.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

3 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Gender dysphoria was once considered to be a mental health disorder, so it's no wonder some of these people have mental health issues. But now you can't call it that anymore. You must now accept it as fact that some men can get pregnant.

What really irks me is all the sinister people. They have for the entire twentieth century acted as if so-called "left-handedness" (gag me, the correct term is SINISTER) is some sort of a neutral, natural thing. They even give these freaks special scissors in school these days!

Historically, this has been recognized as the Satanic influence we all know it to be. Ever since this woke crap got started circa 1900, we have seen the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. get power. Not a coincidence!

Just goes to show how dangerous it is to abandon TRADITIONAL VALUES.

• lol 1
  • Confused 2
  • Troll 1
  • Shivering 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Prop 1 passed in California. Abortion without restrictions until birth. The way it was worded made it confusing since even most pro-choice people don't support abortion after viability. I've heard the extremists want to allow the baby to be killed after birth if they are born with a disability.

And I've heard "the extremists" want to allow killing puppies for sport.

• Like 1
  • Troll 2

4 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Why do you care so much about something that has literally zero effect on you? 

Let people live how they want to live!!! Given the mental health and suicide rates of those people, it matters a great deal to them.  So why not be accommodating and do the smallest thing to help them feel better?

Because they're probably f*cking Dems.  Amirite?

Because we don't change the English language or anything else for people who can't properly manage their feelings or emotions due to not knowing what gender they are, and finding "harm" when someone says a word they don't like. This is a joke. These people need to wear a helmet and grab a coloring book. These kind of people belong in a therapists office, not to be coddled and change everything to appease them. I will never accommodate this lunacy. Progressive are ruining society and the 40-50% higher suicide rate with LGBT teens is entirely their fault confusing them to where they don't know which way is up or down re-wiring them into something they aren't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

What really irks me is all the sinister people. They have for the entire twentieth century acted as if so-called "left-handedness" (gag me, the correct term is SINISTER) is some sort of a neutral, natural thing. They even give these freaks special scissors in school these days!

Historically, this has been recognized as the Satanic influence we all know it to be. Ever since this woke crap got started circa 1900, we have seen the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. get power. Not a coincidence!

Just goes to show how dangerous it is to abandon TRADITIONAL VALUES.

My grandfather (American - Born and raised in WA) was forced to be right handed as a young child.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andie said:

Don’t you think the exits from California created that.  Texas is dealing with some western influence but many gravitate to big blue cities.  

Yes. It's lunacy that people leave the very places that Democrat policies and lack of leadership are ruining, and then where they move to they still vote blue.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Because we don't change the English language or anything else for people who can't properly manage their feelings or emotions due to not knowing what gender they are, and finding "harm" when someone says a word they don't like. This is a joke. These people need to wear a helmet and grab a coloring book. These kind of people belong in a therapists office, not to be coddles and change everything to appease them. I will never accommodate this lunacy.

WOW.

That is some raw hate in you.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

WOW.

That is some raw hate in you.

If someone has the outward appearance as a male I am going to both think and refer to them as "he, him, or his", and a female "she or her" it's that simple. If that's a problem then that is his or hers issue entirely, not mine. I am never going to bend the knee, cower, or conform. This is the way it was for every generation before this lost and backwards one. Progressives always complicate everything creating issues we never had and never need.

Worst case scenario for the Republicans appears to be slight control of the house and a tie in the senate at this point. They still have a chance in Arizona and Georgia but I wouldn’t count on it…don’t think walker wins a runoff and the democrats will probably just have enough to win the senate seat in Arizona. 

• Like 1

I love the taste of Beto tears in the morning! 🥰

Beto.png

• Like 1
  • lol 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Well, I'd vote for some seaweed munchin' barefoot resident of San Francisco's sidewalks before I'd vote for Beto.  His campaign was funded by some of the most far left donors.  He's a tool.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

This is kind of like 2018 where both parties had something to like about the election. In 2018 Dems did well but not the blowout expected and likewise in 2022 where GOP had a good night but not the route some had thought.

I'm a Democrat but I live in one of the most conservative rural counties here in WA. But it works since my wife has Cathy McMorris Rogers and I have Inslee (though I wish he'd retire). 

I really don't like Trump not only for this authoritarian tendencies but because he's simply incompetent. I do worry about a second term because he wasted the trifecta  2017-2018 not knowing how things function in DC and now he knows what not to do (i.e. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I don't advocate for harm to him though in case anyone wants to report this).

I dislike Desantis' politics but I have to admire his skill and experience so I'd vote him over Trump surely. I wish he would beat Trump but I don't think that's happening. He'd destroy Biden for sure. Again I'm a Democrat but I would have preferred Mayor Pete. That's who I supported last cycle.

Sometimes I wish that Romney had beaten Obama (but I still love him) then Trump would probably not have ran in 2016 and he'd be that much older now.

• Like 3

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

6 hours ago, The Blob said:

I do think it back fired on receiving people from California. They probably thought I'm getting the republican voters, but it's more likely the middle man who can no longer afford California and still votes blue.

Lord willing they'll figure out we original Texans just may know what we're doing. 

Everyone loves our economy and lifestyle, but they vote against it. 

I can't believe they haven't figured that out. They can take their politics and stick it where the sun DOES shine...in California!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andie said:

Well, I'd vote for some seaweed munchin' barefoot resident of San Francisco's sidewalks before I'd vote for Beto.  His campaign was funded by some of the most far left donors.  He's a tool.

I never bought into the Beto hype after he lost to Cruz. He's a one trick pony.

• Like 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

Just now, LowerGarfield said:

I never bought into the Beto hype after he lost to Cruz. He's a one trick pony.

Maybe 3 tricks, but he lost all 3 !!

• Like 1

Choctaw on my mothers side.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

So who won?

And which races were rigged?

I expected Republicans win in a landslide in every single race now that they were watching like a hawk for cheating.   We finally get to see how America really votes and not the rigged version.    

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I expected Republicans win in a landslide in every single race now that they were watching like a hawk for cheating.   We finally get to see how America really votes and not the rigged version.    

Well, we would know its rigged is of the Democrats are winning in their own landslide. 

• Weenie 2

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

13 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Well, we would know its rigged is of the Democrats are winning in their own landslide. 

I just can't believe they won so many races last night without being allowed to cheat.   Its like people actually vote blue sometimes.   Trump still does not understand that simple concept.

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I'm feeling much better about the House now.  Last night I started to look too closely at things and convinced myself we weren't going to pull it off.  Looks like the Senate is in play if Laxalt holds on in NV.  We might even have the bonus of replacing Markowski with a conservative.  It could well come down to Georgia in a special election deciding our fate in the Senate again.  Maybe they can actually get it right this time.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

You're an original Texan? Which tribe?

You got kind of burned on this snarky question.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, Deweydog said:

A stalemate is a much better scenario for the GOP heading into 2024.

You could be right.  I'm just glad we will have some kind of a check on Biden finally.  The man is an imbecile.  

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I just can't believe they won so many races last night without being allowed to cheat.   Its like people actually vote blue sometimes.   Trump still does not understand that simple concept.

Trump is the greatest American of all time. This is self-evidently obvious. Therefore those news reports must be either fake news or evidence of cheating/rigging. There can be no other logical conclusion. QED.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

14 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

You could be right.  I'm just glad we will have some kind of a check on Biden finally.  The man is an imbecile.  

He’s been pretty awful overall. But he’s in good company on both sides of the aisle.

Last night was mix of a referendum on Biden, somewhat of a referendum on Trump’s slow death and a referendum on the fact that many in the GOP ran purely opposition races. Very little substance, which is the new normal. Control of the house and senate would mean a demand for action and they’d have 18+ months to prime themselves for a potentially disastrous 2024 election season. Could be VERY fun to watch, especially if Biden heads off to Bonaventure.

Edited by Deweydog

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

12 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm feeling much better about the House now.  Last night I started to look too closely at things and convinced myself we weren't going to pull it off.  Looks like the Senate is in play if Laxalt holds on in NV.  We might even have the bonus of replacing Markowski with a conservative.  It could well come down to Georgia in a special election deciding our fate in the Senate again.  Maybe they can actually get it right this time.

Get it right with an absolutely horrible candidate in Walker?   Nice job GOP.  Try putting up people who can speak and have some common sense.   The red wave failed to materialize because there were too many Trump cult followers on the ballot.  People see through that crap.   People aren't voting entirely by the letter next to the candidates name.    They still have to be a decent candidate.

Walker is an embarrassment.  

I was cheering for a Republican controlled Senate... but I actually hope Walker loses.    

There needs to be some accountability on the Republican side in terms of quality candidates.  That would be a painful lesson to lose the Senate again in GA but probably good for them long term.

• Like 1