November 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Gradient Keeper

Euro is radically different than GFS at day 6. Troughing much deeper in the West, and the Pacific ridging is also way different.

How come no one is posting maps? I find it easier to look on here than to go to the sites. :lol:

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Here's the 500mb difference between the ECMWF and GFS.

Note the increased GOA vorticity on the ECMWF vs the GFS. That's going to lead to a warmer solution during the second half of the run. So..meh.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/93CB0B49-F252-4EC6-A344-0C15C4819473_zpsehs5zgit.png

To all members stating what models show for "their" location. Please specify where your location is. Not all of us know where everyone lives! I personally think it should be required information!

Doesn't show up on mobile version like on desktop but anyway I am technically Arlington however specificity west of I-5 in the 7-Lakes area about 3 miles south of Lake Goodwin...though we also have the family lake house right on Lake Goodwin as well. My house is at about 300ft, the lake house is about 400ft. If I drive about 2 miles west I am at the highest elevation of 650ft up at Lake Loma, it can be raining at my house and snowing there so I will just hop in my truck and make the couple minute drive and have snow on the roads and snowing heavily...it's great!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Phil can never handle it when things are actually looking good for us.

Lol, what a load of crap. Take off the tinfoil hat. :lol:

It was a warmer solution relative to the GFS, which is what I was saying. Sorry that I'm not wishcasting myself into oblivion..I'm no fun these days.