Thunder98

don't believe Im rich, but by saving a bunch have buying responsibly. my family and I have an average home, 6 figures in 401k and a good emergency fund at age 35. Done with 2 jobs and a combined income of 100k. So rich who knows.

In Canada you'd be poor as hell!

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

In Canada you'd be poor as hell!

In a couple weeks Ill be surrounded by canadians in phoenix that have been wintering their since their 50s and they worked normal blue/white collar jobs.  They might not be rich by your standards but they seem to be doing quite well.

My international funds performed above american growth funds last year.  

Both parties are dumb.

I suppose you slept through "Operation Iraqi Freedom"; the Code Name for the Genocide between the Tigris & Euphrates.

Not to mention all the Americans who came back w/o arms, legs, or both...or didn't come back at all. 

Eh, only a million or so lives were destroyed; in full or in part...as long as it wasn't mine!  Hey, how's my 401K doin'?

Memories are short on this planet.

A good stock market and all is forgiven by the Rabble.

I detest both major parties; and thus cannot allow history to be re-wriiten on behalf of either.

At least we neutralized those "Weapons of Mass Destruction"!  Lol.

Like the Truth even matters anymore on Planet Brainwash...

Conform!  Believe!  Obey!  And, Most Important of All, Purchase!

The Greatest Country in the World is slowly but steadily devolving into the Land of the Fee and the Home of the Slave.

It did not start with Trump; and truth be told; he has actually done some things I agree with.

But to exculpate the GOP of any wrong-doing is so absurd it is obscene; their crimes against the People are just as profound as their Opposition; in some cases; more so.

While the morality of any and every war can be called into question, especially retro-actively, thug leaders like Saddam H need to be reeled-in at some point. The fact that thousands of American non-military peeps were attacked and killed on 9-11 seems to be lost on you/your post. Our involvement in WW2 was after all presided over by a Democratic leader and there's plenty of reason to believe he knew exactly what he was doing when we were attacked infamously to be sucked into the global affair as more than just a supplier of arms. My father came close to losing his life more than once on the battlefield of that war, yet he never once hinted that he felt it was wrong of his leader to send him "over there". Every leader has to make tough decisions and often with little time to think it through such as the response to 9-11. No leader is perfect and can be expected to make the right call every time. That's unrealistic, whatever party they affiliate with.   

• Like 1

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

While the morality of any and every war can be called into question, especially retro-actively, thug leaders like Saddam H need to be reeled-in at some point. The fact that thousands of American non-military peeps were attacked and killed on 9-11 seems to be lost on you/your post. Our involvement in WW2 was after all presided over by a Democratic leader and there's plenty of reason to believe he knew exactly what he was doing when we were attacked infamously to be sucked into the global affair as more than just a supplier of arms. My father came close to losing his life more than once on the battlefield of that war, yet he never once hinted that he felt it was wrong of his leader to send him "over there". Every leader has to make tough decisions and often with little time to think it through such as the response to 9-11. No leader is perfect and can be expected to make the right call every time. That's unrealistic, whatever party they affiliate with.

Drawing upon WW2 is a bad analogy. Completey different situation.

Also as evil as Saddam was, he had no connection with 9/11.

Drawing upon WW2 is a bad analogy. Completey different situation.

Also as evil as Saddam was, he had no connection with 9/11.

She brought up Saddam's country, not me. I said he was a known thug and invaded a neighbor leading to the original Coalition-back military action. As for WW2, there's plenty to say we could've avoided Pearl Harbor..but we chose not to. Right or wrong, leaders sometimes lead us into war, that was the point and comparison.  

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

While the morality of any and every war can be called into question, especially retro-actively, thug leaders like Saddam H need to be reeled-in at some point. The fact that thousands of American non-military peeps were attacked and killed on 9-11 seems to be lost on you/your post.

So in other words the nation of Iraq was responsible for 9-11?

I never got the memo where they declared war on the United States of America.

Ok; if Revisionist History is your thing; there is nothing I can do about it. 

Believe what you want to believe; 'tis of no consequence to me.

\Our involvement in WW2 was after all presided over by a Democratic leader and there's plenty of reason to believe he knew exactly what he was doing when we were attacked infamously to be sucked into the global affair as more than just a supplier of arms. My father came close to losing his life more than once on the battlefield of that war, yet he never once hinted that he felt it was wrong of his leader to send him "over there". Every leader has to make tough decisions and often with little time to think it through such as the response to 9-11. No leader is perfect and can be expected to make the right call every time. That's unrealistic, whatever party they affiliate with.   

If you have read my commentary afore; I am no respecter of "political parties"...I am a fan of neither; as both are agents of the corporate and moneyed interests; all at the expense of the Average American.

As for FDR; he may well have been in possession of intelligence that gave him a sense that an attack on Hawaii was imminent; but that is quite beside the point.

The nations of Japan and Germany (and Italy as well) were in the midst of an Aggressive Campaign to Achieve World Conquest; invading nation after nation.  By Dec 1941 all of Europe was under Nazi control (save for the British; who were under a merciless aerial assault) and the Japanese were aggressively moving through the Far East.

Iraq in 2003 was on no such mission; so get your facts straight; and learn to distinguish one situation from the other.

She brought up Saddam's country, not me. I said he was a known thug and invaded a neighbor leading to the original Coalition-back military action. As for WW2, there's plenty to say we could've avoided Pearl Harbor..but we chose not to. Right or wrong, leaders sometimes lead us into war, that was the point and comparison.

Fair enough, I read your post as, " because of 9/11, what we've been doing in Iraq the past 16ish years is justified". My mistake.

• Like 1

There are plenty of "known thugs" running nations large and small around the globe.  Truth be told; being a thug is practically a prerequisite to ascend to a position of leadership in most venues.

As long as the thug is willing to allow US or multi-national corporations the opportunity to exploit his nation's resources and people; America is all too happy to be on "friendly terms" with the "thug".

Are we to invade every single nation?  My, that will keep the military-industrial complex very busy indeed!

• Like 1

Fair enough, I read your post as, " because of 9/11, what we've been doing in Iraq the past 16ish years is justified". My mistake.

Pls forward the memo to Tabitha..thx

For the record, we're in here discussing political figures, parties, etc..for her to back away from her pounce on one party's leadership by calling "neutral hater of both" is kinda lame. 

At any rate, politics is an evil business as is much of what goes on around this 3rd rock from the Sun..

For the record, we're in here discussing political figures, parties, etc..for her to back away from her pounce on one party's leadership by calling "neutral hater of both" is kinda lame. 

At any rate, politics is an evil business as is much of what goes on around this 3rd rock from the Sun..

I detest both major parties; and thus cannot allow history to be re-wriiten on behalf of either.

But to exculpate the GOP of any wrong-doing is so absurd it is obscene; their crimes against the People are just as profound as their Opposition; in some cases; more so.

Here are the excerpts from the original post.  In case you did not understand, "Opposition" means Democrats.  Reading is fundamental.  Do not paint a false narrative regarding what I wrote. 

And I NEVER backpedal on anything. 

When I delete posts that I have written in past; it is only because they have been ignored.

Is it possible to be neutral hater of both?  If its not it should be.

• Like 1

Is it possible to be neutral hater of both?  If its not it should be.

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican; I have not voted in years; as I realize the entire process is a scam.

The corporations and banks give enormous sums of money to both parties; and thus they win no matter who wins.

• Like 1

Japan immediately took credit for Pearl Harbor; Iraq never took credit for 9-11. 

By your logic; we should have attacked Sweden for Pearl Harbor.

Moreover, the US showed great restraint immediately following the events of 12/7/1941.  Though war was declared on Japan the Day After; Roosevelt & Congress specifically STILL DID NOT declare war on Germany.  Hitler declared war on America before Roosevelt declared war on the Nazis; this was a very important mistake by Hitler; for the US would have likely remained in the Pacific Theatre and only the Pacific Theatre for quite a bit longer had Hitler not committed that unforced faux pas.

As long as the thug is willing to allow US or multi-national corporations the opportunity to exploit his nation's resources and people; America is all too happy to be on "friendly terms" with the "thug".

Where many people see Third World "nations" around the globe; I see Human Farms.

"Show me a reasonable person and I will show you an entity bound by convention and formality...a prisoner of his convictions...and a being with very little new to add to the dialogue. In short, I will show you living inertia."

___Tabitha 

There are few items in this universe more beloved to the tyrant than the "reasonable person"; for it is he who sustains him and makes him impervious to criticism and ouster.

He affords the tyrant the license to commit misdeeds with impunity...because his complacency and complicity is the signal to the world that though the dictator is guilty of heinous acts; they are within the ambit of what reasonable people would deem acceptable conduct.

Though Iraq was put through a genocidal nightmare in the last decade; few thought much of it...because the catalysts for it were returned to office by "reasonable people"...in "democratic" elections.

Hence the legitimacy of it all...

History is replete with falsely attributed events utilized to drum up Public Support for a War:

Late 1890's: Spanish American War justified by the "Remember the Maine; The Hell With Spain"...though the ship was not sunk by the Spaniards.  McKinley (Republican) was president at the time.

Mid 1910's: Sinking of the Lusitania used to justify US entrance into WW I.  Wilson (Democrat) was president.  This British ship was sunk by the Germans; though there was controversy over whether it had civilian or military intent.

1960's: Gulf of Tonkin Resolution / USS Maddox:  Vietnam War LBJ (Democrat) was president 

Early 2003: Iraq War: Weapons of Mass Destruction: Bush 2 (Republican): A tale too well known to merit re-telling.

• Like 1

There are plenty of "known thugs" running nations large and small around the globe.  Truth be told; being a thug is practically a prerequisite to ascend to a position of leadership in most venues.

Are we to invade every single nation?  My, that will keep the military-industrial complex very busy indeed!

Name another one since 1990 that defied the global community aka NATO and invaded his neighbor. Maybe I missed the evening news..

Here are the excerpts from the original post.  In case you did not understand, "Opposition" means Democrats.  Reading is fundamental.  Do not paint a false narrative regarding what I wrote. 

When I delete posts that I have written in past; it is only because they have been ignored.

K, I missed your fine print qualifier there at the last setence..I don't have as much time as you do to post/create stuff here. Speed reading ftl

Anyways, glad I could provide some entertainment with the wx being so boring out there, but hey, it's heating up over here so I better get back to the WX   ;)

So in essence, you do backpedal on things lol

So in essence, you do backpedal on things lol

Where would that be?

If the reference is to deleting posts that are ignored; that is not "backpedaling"; that is the realization that the Timeless & Priceless Wisdom I am offering has been rejected; and whenever an offer is rejected it will be rescinded henceforth; immediately, if not sooner.

This is no way implies that I have any less belief in the idea I have peddled; just a realization that others assign it no value; which is entirely to their detriment.

Where would that be?

If the reference is to deleting posts that are ignored; that is not "backpedaling"; that is the realization that the Timeless & Priceless Wisdom I am offering has been rejected; and whenever an offer is rejected it will be rescinded henceforth; immediately, if not sooner.

This is no way implies that I have any less belief in the idea I have peddled; just a realization that others assign it no value; which is entirely to their detriment.

Ah, I gotcha. Don't you think it's detrimental to not backpedal on anything though?

• Like 1

Ah, I gotcha. Don't you think it's detrimental to not backpedal on anything though?

What did you get?

In any consideration of "what to do"; there will always be thesis, antithesis & synthesis.

You move ahead some; you retrench some...you keep what seems sound; you reject what may not be so sound...that is how any deliberative and thoughtful person would approach a new challenge or problem.

To refuse to fight an unwinnable battle is not cowardice but prudence.  When I said I "never backpedal on anything"; the scope of "anything" was implied to be someone challenging what I wrote; as that was the context of the charge leveled against me.

If there was an army looking to kill me; and I was alone and defenseless, I would obviously retreat and seek safe haven; that is not "backpedaling"; that is avoidance of suicide. 

Had Custer followed that rationale; Little Big Horn would not have transpired.

Aren't I the best?  I don't think I have ever met anyone I liked as much as Me...

But she was right....

LOL..did read all those links to make that conclusion?

I suppose you slept through "Operation Iraqi Freedom"; the Code Name for the Genocide between the Tigris & Euphrates.

Not to mention all the Americans who came back w/o arms, legs, or both...or didn't come back at all.

Eh, only a million or so lives were destroyed; in full or in part...as long as it wasn't mine! Hey, how's my 401K doin'?

Memories are short on this planet.

A good stock market and all is forgiven by the Rabble.

At least we neutralized those "Weapons of Mass Destruction"! Lol.

Like the Truth even matters anymore on Planet Brainwash...

Conform! Believe! Obey! And, Most Important of All, Purchase!

The Greatest Country in the World is slowly but steadily devolving into the Land of the Fee and the Home of the Slave.

It did not start with Trump; and truth be told; he has actually done some things I agree with.

I don't forgive the way the war was fought at all. There's nothing about it to defend. There are correct ways to fight a war and we didn't do it.

I have no 401k.

I'm more of a centrist than a Republican.

Too many egomaniacal liberals in the world with inferiority complexes. Such a horrible mixture of personalities. The only awful side effects I have seen of having Trump as president are that towns like mine are going to die over the rest of the next 7 years. Growth and real opportunity in other places for the first time in a decade kinda does that. I wish a liberal could show me a real factual reason to hate Trump. I want to find as many reasons as possible to really find a common ground and agree with them and I cannot. I also want to try to dislike the congressman who makes his home a mile from my house for all of the pure evil legislation that he has supported but I really can't. I want him to mess up so I can call his flaws but I can't. The only thing I've seen is a guy who had to literally wait almost until he gave up to actually get to finally make a difference. I just wish I could see all of this real damage that Trump and the Republican monsters have caused in my life and I can't. I'm a fault finder by nature and the only chaos, evil, destruction, (all stuff universally associated with awfulness, doesn't matter who does it) all seems to come from one side. All the crying, obstruction, major cities being destroyed, etc is not a Republican thing and never has been. Am I wrong or just really that blind? So, wait, we go back to Russia and sexual immorality? I didn't know that there was morality associated with sex in the world of Democrats. Either all is permissible or it isn't, right? They can't decide whether they identify as a plant, a dog, a man or woman or both but global warming is killing everyone. Sure of that part though right? That makes for some sketchy science if you ask me. They don't know whether to dress women like ******* or put 20 of them in government. Color me confused but I couldn't imagine why. Must be Trump's fault that I'm confused. Hasn't done one horrible or evil thing he was supposed to. Ive been looking for all the flaws and can't find them. That's really confusing. Lol.

??? Seems a little right leaning to me..

Here is some pretty & soothing music that will make all kind-hearted people happy! 

For I am Tabitha; The Good Kitten!

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_h1ZB5Sik

I see I'll likely not prevail in any political commentary jousting matches with you, but I CAN compliment your musical choice. Well done! Listening brightened my morning at work  :D

• Like 1