December 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

0Z not nearly as cold as the 18Z after this weekend. This is starting to look typical again. I hate typical!!

Perhaps the ensembles will still be good.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It was the same way at WWU in Bellingham.

Close enough to almost always benefit from Fraser outflow, but blocked from the strong winds by the hills to the North.

Snow is so much more enjoyable when it stays caked on everything than when it's blown all over the place.

Yeah, the Lakeway area in Bellingham was similar in that regard. It took some pretty strong outflow to top 20 mph.

Central Clark County is nice because we largely can reap the benefits of the outflow without having to deal with the constant and stronger winds. Makes the snow far more enjoyable and in some cases heavier as well.

I'm a little east of 164th. I'm guessing it will be ripping here.

Except for us of course!

of course... The one thing I have found is every run today and yesterday has put puyallup and my area in the snow screw zone. I am not really very pleased about that and then seeing it get warmer in the mid-range I am about to lose my fricken marble... Yes I only had one left.

Yes... MY fellow swamper... We shall go down together ... AGAIN!... *bro hugs* Lets grab a beer and talk about the good old days.

Ya know once upon a time I used to feel the same way. Then I got serious about changing my life and surroundings as well as weather. I was completely and utterly sick and tired of making a 2 hour drive several times a winter just to play in the snow. I finally made the move last summer and I dont regret it one bit. A move like the one I made (Graham, wa to Fruitland, wa) isn't for everybody, but for those who's emotional and psychological status depend on the weather, its a reasonable consideration. I love hot and dry summers and cold and wet winters, as does my wife. We've got that here. I am also fortunate to not be forced to stay anywhere for work...I can live wherever I want. 

GEM looks like it keeps the northern part of the Portland metro as snow through Thursday evening.

OMG I forgot to check the GEM

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

GEM looks like it keeps the northern part of the Portland metro as snow through Thursday evening.

Yup, the GEM trended towards KING EURO. I don't see PDX Metro changing over to Ice until sometime Thursday overnight. The exact timing is difficult to pinpoint but I'm getting more bullish on staying snow longer and longer.

f3e7e3bf2f29b1e9cdb92d7e39e709f1.jpg

I love this forum! I got the nightly odd/disgusted look from my wife as I'm on the couch chuckling at my phone!

25F currently!

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Yup, the GEM trended towards KING EURO. I don't see PDX Metro changing over to Ice until sometime Thursday overnight. The exact timing is difficult to pinpoint but I'm getting more bullish on staying snow longer and longer.

Gotta love your perpetual optimism. It gives me hope!  Onto the Euro!

• Like 1