12/10-12/12 Plains/Midwest/Lakes Weekend Snowstorm

Tom

Close enough that balloon network and aircraft picking up on it. Skilling even said it was beginning to come on shore, at least some of the energy. 12z tomorrow full sampling will be done.

Totally agree. Still interesting that the driving mechanism for the storm is so far away and we are within 18 hours or so of storm time

Lol models haven't pinned a track in 2 years I feel like. Thinking 8" here at most, which really is where this whole thing started, it was never gonna be monster.

Anything above 5" is a winner. If you think about it, we are really only about a week into true Winter weather.  We have a long way to go!

I am up early today as I have to go into work early. Getting a moderate snow shower at this time. Have 2.5” of new snow overnight. Now have a total of 7.75” on the ground. The snow this morning is very light and fluffy with nice big size flakes. The temperature here is now 21°

HRRR has shifted heavy snow band in Iowa down to i80 corridor

Been watching that. HRRR did horrible last time around,, but the RAP is showing the same thing.

***Edit*** it seems to ever so slowly be adjusting back N again. Anything past HR 7 or 8 on the HRRR, I don't trust.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

12z NAM-4km...SW/S MI has a big increase in precip...better phasing???  Looks like the SLP starts to ramp up as it heads into N MI.  Odd to see it snow SE of the low, but I guess this may be the type of season where we see the cold "winning"....I like the sound of that...

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/nam4km/2016121012/nam4km_apcpn_ncus_16.png