12/16 - 12/18 Plains/Lakes Major Winter Storm

Tom

18z GFS...

That is one healthy snowstorm. Add all that snow on top of what I currently have and BAM....you have huge piles of snow. :D

Let the glacier begin.

BTW: hope some of our posters that haven't received any snow yet can obtain some wealth from this upcoming storm. ;)

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

Ensembles look good also

Tomorrow will be in nam range for the WAA part

I love seeing such a huge amount of WAA snows out ahead of the main system.  Such a massive amount of real estate could be under snowfall at one time in our sub forum.

I like the potential with this storm! :D

Agreed. And even if it trends back toward some of the prior stronger/north solutions, the arctic airmass is not going to go quietly without consequence. That is a lot of airmass removal (low/mid level WAA) in a short amount of time.

• Like 2

Got one of my close girlfriends B Day party downtown on Friday night...not sure how I'm going to make it if there is heavy snow flying from the sky!

Good luck with that Tom. You are in for some real heavy accumulations.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

Agreed. And even if it trends back toward some of the prior stronger/north solutions, the arctic airmass is not going to go quietly without consequence. That is a lot of airmass removal (low/mid level WAA) in a short amount of time.

Big time potential for a nice "thump" snow out ahead of it if you miss out on the "all snow" event...

I really wish the euro carried more merit as of late because it seems to pretty much be ride or die with the GFS. - which I know has been a great solution for much of the forum.

Tonight's runs will be within the 120hr threshold where it is the King at 500mb in the Northern Hemisphere.  I'd like to see it trend wetter like the GFS and with a wider precip shield.