East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

High of 75*F, then the SW wind started roaring at 2AM and spiked temperatures right back up to 70*F.

Now raining moderately and breezy from the W/NW, temperatures still in the mid-60s.

Highs around 60, Lows in the 40's.

Rain off and on for the next week. Finally, some winter rain !!

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Front blew through finally. Winds around 35mph and some moderate rain, temperatures dropping down into the low/middle 50’s.

Last night felt super weird...temperatures were still hovering around 70*F @ 2AM. And it might start snowing in 36hrs. ☃️

There was barely a cloud in the sky a few hours, now we have a heavy cloud deck and slushy snowflakes coming down. Temp is 41*F, so we need to cool the lower boundary layer ASAP.

Puking snow here now. About 1” so far, but 0.5” of that has fallen in the last 20mins I think.

Temp down to 32.9*F...would like to drop a few more degrees.

Adding up very quickly..another 0.5” over the last 15mins.

Not the proper way to measure, I know, but still that’s pretty decent. About 1.7” on the ground. Getting more graupel mixing in, though.

Over to sleet. At least 2” on the ground, probably more but am too lazy to measure this one.

Will just call it 2”, conservatively. Temperature is still stuck at 32.5*F for the time being.

Over to sleet. At least 2” on the ground, probably more but am too lazy to measure this one.

Will just call it 2”, conservatively. Temperature is still stuck at 32.5*F for the time being.

pretty funny we were in the 60s 70s the past few days to a couple inches of snow today then back to 60s and 70s early this week commercial weather :lol::
  • Like 1

In the 50's cloudy, damp, faint his morning.

We'll see rain again Tuesday and Wednesday. Temps from 40's-60's.

Rain totals, an embarrassment. Hoping for better come Tuesday.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

We have an ice warning just west of me. Ft. Worth will hit a low of 34* rain

I've received 3/4" this afternoon. Should rain off and on till Friday. We need it t desperately.

Temps will stay below low 60's for a week.

OMG, it's finally winter !

Could hit 80*F tomorrow wtf

Sounds like a Texas winter.

37* at 10 pm

1.75". Rain.

Getting 32* Thunderstorms at 2pm. Talk about crazy. Round after round of thunderstorms with icing a few miles west.

Just hitting over 3" of rain so far.

IMG_3019.PNG

I've received over 3" total rain this week and another 1.5" likely by the end of Friday.

34* right now. Humidity 96%

We've hit 3.75" rain. My heat pump had ice on it. Had to go to emergency heat.

In the mid 30's all day but a high of 50 tomorrow.

The golf course is looking like a flood plain.

I still suspect we will have a big past snow event between March 5th -15 but it likely not going to be model correctly until it right on top of us this block is going to play hectic with the models.they really have no clue what to do with any of the waves at the moment lol.i also see many are asleep with this upcoming pattern and I get there reason of being skeptical but something just tells me phil it not wise to completely sleep on this early to mid March pattern quite yet la niña plus this block has the makings for a last moment surpises 6 to 12 inch past snow event in our region sometime doing this periold.

As for the storm next weekend I agree mostly if not all rain but the fact is snow cold with this first storm was never the Main issue only to the weenies but it the coaster beach flooding impacts.the March 6 7 storm and the one after that are the ones to watch for a past bomb it seems to happen the most in the middle or right as the blocking is starting to collapse when we get our big dog storms.which is why I beleave it between the 5th-15 time frame to look out for our final winter blast.

Looks like we’re heading into overcast season. Early start this year.

It’s been cloudy for the majority of the last 10+ days, not to mention 15 of the last 16 days have featured measurable precipitation.

Am I the only one who's noticed you guys are still using the 2017 thread?

Ah, that probably explains this bulls**t pattern.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been down here in Bastrop Texas for past week with nice sunny weather and no storms ( so sad for me). Feels a bit moist outside this morning with that tropical feel. Heading to some huge antique roadshow in Round Top today so that should be fun. Missing the action back home but kind of like the sunny warms days here too

Good day Everybody

Jim

Winds gusting to near 40mph this afternoon. Snow melting quickly but shady spots are still covered.

High of 47*F.