3/13 - 3/14 Midwest/Lakes Snow System

Tom

Looking at radar it should start to pick-up again shortly. Tom, looks good for you so far.

On and off pure whiteouts...currently experiencing another fantastic wave...it's been great so far.  I'm going to take a measurement in about 8 min which will be an hours time.

This is incredible. I come to Chicago often to visit family and old friends, I picked a good week to come. This snowfall is amazing. Just had really heavy snow in villa park.

Wait till the lake plume pivots over!  It looks like its taking shape as we speak.  Taking a look at the radar, it looks like there are 2 bands over the lake that are joining into one that is pulverizing Lake county right now.

The long, skinny band has to be close to 200 miles long...all that energy is combining into one intense plume.  I want to stay up long enough to experience it but I'm crashing cause I'm so beat!

We got a late start, sitting just on the south edge of the Lake County plume in HW but picked up just over an inch of very fluffy soap flakes in the last hour. The ratio is definitely very high. Should be fun for the kids to kick around in the morning.

...And just as I post that the visibility plummeted as the intensity jacked up. Nice!

Your getting nailed right now!  It's starting to make its way down to N Cook.  It's still about 5-10 miles N of me so I'll have to be a little more patient.

Yes, I am home on spring break. I managed to miss pretty much every significant snow event this year (not like there were that many), but I am glad to witness this one!

I bet this makes up for it.  It's prob so crazy where you are right now.  2"+/hr???

I bet this makes up for it.  It's prob so crazy where you are right now.  2"+/hr???

yes, easily. I can barely see out my window, its just all white. I can see this persisting for the next 3-4 hours before it begins to pivot to the south and east.

yes, easily. I can barely see out my window, its just all white. I can see this persisting for the next 3-4 hours before it begins to pivot to the south and east.

I agree and I can only imagine what it looks like. Basically sheets of powder falling from the heavens.