Daily Weather Maps (NOAA) maps no longer load.

I haven't been here in a couple years but how come the site maps don't load even with the browser plugin needed is installed?  https://www.lib.noaa.gov/collections/imgdocmaps/daily_weather_maps.html

It needs DJvu plugin and I have it enabled which usually the maps load into it but now it just leads to an *about* blank page cannot be found.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No seriously what happened?  The rest of the website works (other then the maps) and I used them to see past weather configurations and upper air levels. (850mb) stuff.   My goal is to compare present day events to past configurations to see what is similar and how much has been altered due to fluctuation in various things and one of the ways to do that is the 850mb chart.

Upper airmasses play as important if not more important then just surface layers alone but I am not sure when it was discovered that with radiology and balloon soundings. 

Don't answer unless you either have a decent theory or it's not political junk.  I wish there was a way to mark threads serious replies only like you can on some Reddit threads to weed out trouble though it lowers the amount of posts too. 

Just calm yourself, none of us here will know why a government page isn't working. Its possible its temporary for any number of reasons. You can still get upper level data from a variety of places. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

What I mean by is that the site isn't just for weather maps.  They have data back to the 1880s with hand drawn weather maps.  I'm surprised none of you discovered it as you all argue about historical weather data and this site is a good or was a good resource for archived 850mb charts as well.

Once you got the plugin you could download the maps to your computer but now the maps don't even load.  They were the competitor to Wetterzone.de which has  chart archives of Europe back to the early 1800s.