Summer 2017 Predictions

Scott

Just pull up one quote from you from anytime in May or June calling for a warm August/September and this discussion is over.

Edit: Your September forecast in the contest did call for a warmer month.

My pleasure. Yet more proof that Flatiron is a liar:

Once into August/September, the system state starts looking a lot like 2014, with the strong WPAC convection/-QBO, which was the theme back in 2014.

An August heatwave is also starting to look more likely now, in my opinion, though it's still questionable whether it persists into/through the autumn, or merely passes with the intraseasonal forcing. The warming dateline/WPAC waters don't bode well for a cool autumn, though.

He eventually went warm late summer, but before summer started his call was for a cool summer overall. That was my point, he's just done everything he can to distract from it. :)

Nope. I forecasted a warm J/A/S right from the start.

End of discussion.

He eventually went warm late summer, but before summer started his call was for a cool summer overall. That was my point, he's just done everything he can to distract from it. :)

Ok, so he made an initial forecast for a cool summer that busted. Then he changed his forecast to a warm late summer solution, with still between 45-75 days lead time. This ended up being the correct call and a good long range forecast. 

• Like 2

Ok, so he made an initial forecast for a cool summer that busted. Then he changed his forecast to a warm late summer solution, with still between 45-75 days lead time. This ended up being the correct call and a good long range forecast. 

Correct. This is the part that he dishonestly has refused to acknowledge.

A forum for the end of the world.

Correct. This is the part that he dishonestly has refused to acknowledge.

I made the prediction in April. So you're wrong, as usual.

What prediction? You clearly said, multiple times in this very thread, that you were going cool for the summer.

Stop being dishonest. There's no way around this one, buddy.

You're delusional. For the umpteenth time, my call was for a cool M/J/J, and a warm J/A/S. I never made a J/J/A - centric temperature anomaly forecast because I thought it would be a transitional period.

Again, it's my forecast. Not yours. I know exactly what I forecasted. You don't. Got it? :)

You're delusional. :rolleyes: For the umpteenth time, my call was for a cool M/J/J, and a warm J/A/S. I never made a J/J/A - centric forecast because I thought it would be a transitional period.

Again, it's my forecast. Not yours. I know exactly what I forecasted. You don't. Got it?

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. The evidence was presented, it's clear as day that you were going cool for the summer, whether one considers it JJA or JJAS. Nothing you said refutes the evidence in this thread.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. The evidence was presented, it's clear as day that you were going cool for the summer, whether one considers it JJA or JJAS. Nothing you said refutes the evidence in this thread.

This is just blatantly false. Stop making stuff up.

My cool prediction was in reference to M/J/J. I've re-quoted a bunch of posts affirming this. If you wish to behave like a clown, that's your perogative, I guess. If I were you, though, I'd drop this right now.

This is just blatantly false. Stop making stuff up.

My cool prediction was in reference to M/J/J. I've re-quoted a bunch of posts affirming this. If you wish to behave like a clown, that's your perogative, I guess. If I were you, though, I'd drop this right now.

It was clearly not limited to that. You haven't been able to refute any of the posts showing you were going cool for the summer, not just MJJ. So don't say I'm making anything up - I provided the evidence.

There a quote above from you in May telling Tim the summer "will likely be cooler than average", for crying out loud.  :lol:

It was clearly not limited to that. You haven't been able to refute any of the posts showing you were going cool for the summer, not just MJJ. So don't say I'm making anything up - I provided the evidence.

None of those posts referenced J/J/A. So why would I need to refute them?

Again, it's my forecast, not yours, so I know more than anyone what I was saying. I'm providing you with context that you appear to be missing, and you're fighting me on it. Please, either concede or drop it.

There a quote above from you in May telling Tim the summer "will likely be cooler than average", for crying out loud.

Yeah, and if you read the rest of my posts, you'll see I was referring to the next immediate trimonthly (M/J/J). Okay? Stop drawing conclusions based on a narrow-minded interpretation of my wording.

None of those posts referenced J/J/A. So why would I need to refute them?

Again, it's my forecast, not yours, so I know more than anyone what I was saying. I'm providing you with context that you appear to be missing, and you're fighting me on it. Please, either concede or drop it.

Yeah, and if you read the rest of my posts, you'll see I was referring to the next immediate trimonthly (M/J/J). Okay? Stop drawing conclusions based on a narrow-minded interpretation of my wording.

This is complete BS. No one refers to MJJ as summer, and there's nothing in the context of that discussion to indicate you were talking about MJJ.

As long as you continue to be dishonest, I'll continue to call you out on it.

This is complete BS. No one refers to MJJ as summer, and there's nothing in the context of that discussion to indicate you were talking about MJJ.

As long as you continue to be dishonest, I'll continue to call you out on it.

Either you're an idiot, or you're intentionally skewing my words to prove a nonexistent point. I re-quoted almost a dozen posts affirming exactly what I'm telling you here. I was specifically referring to M/J/J. It's black and white.

If you're going to perpetuate this, I'm not going to give an inch because I know very well what I forecasted. Stop using lies and deception to cover your own a**. It's not my fault you're a terrible forecaster who regularly makes a fool out of himself.

Either you're an idiot, or you're intentionally skewing my words to prove a nonexistent point. I re-quoted almost a dozen posts affirming exactly what I'm telling you here. I was specifically referring to M/J/J. It's black and white.

If you're going to perpetuate this, I'm not going to give an inch because I know very well what I forecasted. Stop using lies and deception to cover your own a**. It's not my fault you're a terrible forecaster who regularly makes a fool out of himself.

Resorting to name-calling and insults... classic Phil, and classic tactic of those who know they don't have a leg to stand on.

Resorting to name-calling and insults... classic Phil, and classic tactic of those who know they don't have a leg to stand on.

Your nonsense gets tiresome after awhile. My patience is beginning to wear thin.

You're intentionally mischaracterizing my posts through a subjective interpretation of the language used, which is a tactic you've been called out for on numerous occasions. Whether knowingly or not, you've failed to acknowledge this character flaw and change your habits.

You could do the mature thing and acknowledge your subjective interpretation of my posts, and perhaps turn over a new leaf, or you could continue this charade until one of us drops dead. It's your call, because I'm not going to budge on this one. I'm being one hundred percent honest in my assessment of my summer forecast, and I'm proud of that.

You're just spouting words. Not addressing the actual facts. Waste of time.

To the contrary, I've provided you the facts, and you're choosing to ignore them, in favor of a subjective play on language.

You're not fooling anyone, Phil.

You're not fooling anyone, Phil.

Correct, I'm not fooling anyone. You are. Or at least you're attempting to.

And I'm sure Demitri doesn't appreciate you implying that he shares your opinion, when he was simply reiterating your contention to highlight the ridiculousness of this argument that you've started.

Correct, I'm not fooling anyone. You are. Or at least you're attempting to.

And I'm sure Demitri doesn't appreciate you implying that he shares your opinion, when he was simply reiterating your contention to highlight the ridiculousness of this argument that you've started.

Don't you see the irony of this statement?  ;) I'm not the one putting words in his mouth...

Don't you see the irony of this statement? ;) I'm not the one putting words in his mouth...

No, you're just taking statements out of context. You do this constantly.

You have nothing to substantiate your argument. None of my posts referenced J/J/A, as you're implying, so your argument is nothing more than subjective hand-waving.