PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

Total snow was around 4" here.  Most of it came in a couple bursts of heavy snow over the course of a few hours, probably an hour and a half last night and an hour and a half this morning.  Fun event just because it happened Saturday night and Sunday and was able to sit home with some coffee (maybe spiked), and watch it all unfold.

• Like 7

If it’s not going snow, today was absolutely the next best thing…cold, snow on the ground, no melting…Hell yeah! 

• Like 5
  • Snow 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

If it’s not going snow, today was absolutely the next best thing…cold, snow on the ground, no melting…Hell yeah! 

Still can't react... but I totally agree!  

• Like 4
  • lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I thought yesterday's sunshine and warmth was going to wipe away all snow here but nope... grassy areas are hanging on a little. About 90% of what fell Friday night are gone though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I thought yesterday's sunshine and warmth was going to wipe away all snow here but nope... grassy areas are hanging on a little. About 90% of what fell Friday night are gone though. 

Will be interesting to see how long we hold onto it! It will be 7 days tomorrow with snow on the ground!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Quick update... I actually did end up seeing a snowflake fall today.   Maybe 40-50 of them.   The east wind died and the dewpoint went up late this afternoon.   Total accumulation of 0.00000000000001

• Excited 3
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Quick update... I actually did end up seeing a snowflake fall today.   Maybe 40-50 of them.   The east wind died and the dewpoint went up late this afternoon.   Total accumulation of 0.00000000000001

Your total kicked my butt.  29 degrees with freezing fog.

44 minutes ago, MossMan said:

No doubt.  It was kind of a drag here being between the area of snow and the area where cold/dry air stayed in control.  This is the first day in a while that I have been seriously unhappy about the weather so I'll live I guess.

• Sad 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, Winterdog said:

Your total kicked my butt.  29 degrees with freezing fog.

I would love some freezing fog!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Where else on Earth could you go from a screaming bone dry east wind to stagnant gloom in less than 12 hours time.  Yuck.

• scream 1
  • Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

19 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Where else on Earth could you go from a screaming bone dry east wind to stagnant gloom in less than 12 hours time.  Yuck.

Sort of normal to have fog and drizzle in the winter around here... also at times in the summer.  

• Like 1

B1D11CC9-2098-4522-9059-157CFD4BCD88.jpeg

Eureka!! 😵

• Like 4
  • Storm 2
  • scream 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"