PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

16 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Let's see how things look in 24 hours.

If The Dalles is still in the mid 30s, you may be in trouble.

The Dalles WILL drop to freezing at some point. And Pasco will probably have a high close to freezing tomorrow. 

• Shivering 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Fully snow now in north Seattle and starting to accumulate!

• Like 5

2022-23 Winter:

11/29: .25" + 1" = 1.25" | 11/30: .25"

12/2: .2" + .5" = .7" | 12/3: .2" | 12/4: trace

12/18: .4" | 12/19: .2" + .8" = 1.0" | 12/20: .2 + 1.5" = 1.7

1/31: trace | 2/14: trace | 2/22: .2 | 2/26: 1.0"

Total: 6.7"

Disappointing drive home. Was dumping and sticking to main roads in Mill Creek and got home in downtown Everett and it’s still very light chunky precip even though radar shows pretty heavy precip over me. Elevation playing its role. 

• Sad 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

1 minute ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Well that's just darn mighty kind of ya. I would be happy with 1/2" - 1" honestly. I'm closer to the Gorge, so my chance might be pretty decent.

Besides the fun of tracking it online, the actual snowfall in Seattle has been very pedestrian.  An inch of slush at 33.5 degrees isn't worth putting on snow boots for.  I walked to mailbox in Tuesdays slush and walked to the bus this morning when we had a dusting.  Hopefully Portland get an inch or two tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Precip looking better on the  00z Euro. Temps look good before the precip but ends up a hair too warm. Precip rates are still too light and much lower than the other models. 

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_nw.png

ecmwf_full_2022120300_045_45.4--122.8.png

Yeah... I guess its a combination of light precip and slightly too warm.    The ECMWF only shows .15 at PDX from Sunday morning through Monday morning.

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just noticed that its going to be sunny across the entire area tomorrow!     Can't wait to see sun on the snow cover here.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Yeah... I guess its a combination of light precip and slightly too warm.    The ECMWF only shows .15 at PDX from Sunday morning through Monday morning.

Yeah it is an improvement over the 18z but this will not get the job done. Euro puts the lowland bullseye for precip around Chehalis or so. 

image.thumb.png.70f7d055ed08e163fe01d3a7a0682cce.png

image.thumb.png.55fdb7607459e4619d8c079f5d108b48.png

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

We did very well out here back than. Snow on the ground for a few weeks. I didn’t measure it, but definitely one of my most memorable snowfalls in recent history.  There was a very sharp cut off though just west of here. 

I remember that cutoff all too well. We did great here with the first two events during Feb 19, but during the third event we maybe got an inch where even the other end of MV got much more. I was amazed how long all that snow in Ravensdale stuck around. I don’t think it all melted until late March.

• Like 4

Just now, MV_snow said:

I remember that cutoff all too well. We did great here with the first two events during Feb 19, but during the third event we maybe got an inch where even the other end of MV got much more. I was amazed how long all that snow in Ravensdale stuck around. I don’t think it all melted until late March.

It was 2 feet of concrete here by March.   You could easily walk across the top of the snow and not break through.     But it was all gone by the middle of the month when it got up to 80.    And by late March the grass was green and trees were starting to leaf out.    It was a month of great contrast here!  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Agree, I have a gut feeling that the east wind will deliver if we can just get steady moderate precip. Annoyingly the Euro is being inconsiderate...

Betting against King Euro w/ your snow goggles on leads to disappointment.

• Thanks 1