PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

13 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

I remember that cutoff all too well. We did great here with the first two events during Feb 19, but during the third event we maybe got an inch where even the other end of MV got much more. I was amazed how long all that snow in Ravensdale stuck around. I don’t think it all melted until late March.

Snow is picking up again here too.

East of HWY 18 is not a bad place to be in certain situations. Plus much of the area is between 500-700 feet elevation as you move east towards the foothills. Helps in marginal situations. 

There’s nothing quite like willing and watching the snow turn from rain to snow. ❄️ 

B8D96CC7-182B-4523-B5A3-AFE477E71A77.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Snow 1

2022-23 Winter:

11/29: .25" + 1" = 1.25" | 11/30: .25"

12/2: .2" + .5" = .7" | 12/3: .2" | 12/4: trace

12/18: .4" | 12/19: .2" + .8" = 1.0" | 12/20: .2 + 1.5" = 1.7

1/31: trace | 2/14: trace | 2/22: .2 | 2/26: 1.0"

Total: 6.7"

19 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Keeps going back and forth. We get a few minutes where it really seems like it’s fully going to changeover then it lets up. Still quite a bit of time for something to happen though. 

Pretty crazy this is even happening ….gotta love it 

6 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

5 inches since 6pm and it's still coming down moderate to heavy. 32 degrees.  Probably another 5 inches left to fall just by looking at the radar.

No one on here deserves this more than you man!

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

17 minutes ago, RCola said:

Par for the course, of course :P But at least you're not alone in it. :)

- “oh, you’re cold enough? Nah I’m gonna go north”

-“once again, you’re cold? I’m gonna aim west and south.”

-“great! You get precip this time… but I’m gonna hand you 33 degrees rain instead” 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• lol 1

00Z ECMWF looks really wet later next week.    So much for the models looking dry.     The 00Z ECMWF is showing a great mountain snow pattern but its a little too warm for elsewhere.   

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, BurienSnowGlobe said:

Mostly snow now in International District area so looking better

Awesome! I think things may be improving over here in Belltown, but my snow weenie heart has been broken so much this week that I don't want to believe too much.

• Like 1

ECMWF shows the heaviest precip for Seattle is coming in a couple hours... its going to be another sleepless night for many!    Probably won't get any snow out here.

• Like 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Pretty sure just enough east wind is getting through the highway 2 gap to kill some of the precip here. Seems like everywhere a couple miles north/south is getting some good snowfall right now. Still mainly flurries here.

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

I left the TV on FOX13 after the game and was just subjected to local media stupidity that I usually try to avoid.

First they have a guy driving around with a dash cam and he has mostly been in rain so I got to hear comments like "look at that rain hitting the windshield"... then the weather person said its wrapping in Tacoma and just rain but North Bend will get lots of snow tonight.    😀 

I mean... come on.    Every one of us would be a more knowledge weather anchor.   

• Like 3
  • lol 3
  • Rain 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 1