PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

Crazy swings in my temp the last 20 minutes due to evaporation cooling even though nothing is reaching the ground. Temp has bounced from 33 to 36 and back to 33 with the breeze. Have had light green radar for the last hr and nothing reaching ground yet. Looks like things ramp up the next 2 hrs before tapering off. 

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

weird last night, temps were 15 and calm at 10pm, by the time I went to bed at 1am it was 24 with NE winds gusting to 20.  currently 22 with thick cirrostratus sun filtered overcast, NE winds at 15-20.  windchill is around 9.  snow should arrive later this afternoon, higher ratios should get us to 2-3" I'd think if the moisture gets up here.  Looks like a snowy pattern sets up Wednesday night into next week with constant chances of snow showers.  should keep things fresh and white.

• Like 3
  • Shivering 1

2 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Wow, radar simultaneously blowing up over both Portland and Seattle/Tacoma metros.

Too bad it's not better timing.

A lot Is virga also. I've been watching a hood canal cam that has had dark green returns for 2 hrs and nothing is falling.  Nothing here either.  

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

22 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

weird last night, temps were 15 and calm at 10pm, by the time I went to bed at 1am it was 24 with NE winds gusting to 20.  currently 22 with thick cirrostratus sun filtered overcast, NE winds at 15-20.  windchill is around 9.  snow should arrive later this afternoon, higher ratios should get us to 2-3" I'd think if the moisture gets up here.  Looks like a snowy pattern sets up Wednesday night into next week with constant chances of snow showers.  should keep things fresh and white.

Same thing here. Was 11F at 7pm dropping like a rock, but 16 this morning with NNE wind. Currently 21. 

• Shivering 1

Pure snow here and sticking to most things. Not sure what the EURO's problem is...

• Like 6

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"