July 2017 PNW Discussion Thread

Dude - sarcasm detector fail. I was making light of the situation, and everyone shocked you hadn't discovered those trails yet...you silly yuppy you! ;)

That area and the trails seemed to be teeming with yuppies on a sunny Saturday morning.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Sorry, but I have already made up my mind that the very wet spring (which I did NOT like) is entirely to blame for the fires up there.

? I was posting an article I was genuinely interested in. I wasn't talking about or complaining about rain from this year. You can do that all you want though, even though I wasn't.

This is a twist I didn't see coming, but it shouldn't surprise me because the heat extremes weren't that great.

attachicon.gifncep_cfsr_noram_t2m_anom.png

Interesting.  I'm pretty sure the overall high temp averages were at or a bit above normal for most of the PNW.  We've been fortunate enough to have consistent night time cooling all month, which I'm sure tilted it to the barely below average range for most locations west of the Cascades.  Overall, it was quite a sweet July.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the overall high temp averages were at or a bit above normal for most of the PNW. We've been fortunate enough to have consistent night time cooling all month, which I'm sure tilted it to the barely below average range for most locations west of the Cascades. Overall, it was quite a sweet July.

Most locations west of the Cascades were above normal. All major I-5 stations. Today pushed that a tad warmer.

A forum for the end of the world.

Looks like PDX will escape July without going above 91. 

You couldn't script a better match to July 2013 than what we just had. Almost identical means, avg max, avg min, and extremes (92/53 in 2013, 91/54 in 2017) at PDX. No measurable rain in either month.

I noticed that too. Pretty rare in the current UHI environment to see a summer month with a high 2 degrees above average combined with a below average low. 

Boring, but it was as pleasant as it gets.

I'm on the ferry back home to the island and you can see the cloud of interior smoke now moving into the lower mainland.

Noticed it as well this evening while playing soccer north of Bellingham.  Snapped a few photos after the game.

IMG_0162.jpgIMG_0164.jpgIMG_0169.jpg

• Like 1

? I was posting an article I was genuinely interested in. I wasn't talking about or complaining about rain from this year. You can do that all you want though, even though I wasn't.

That was more a nod to Tim. It was an interesting article.

He didn't stop by to say hi :( I would have selfie'd the s**t out of him and I lol

I'm sorry brother, I just remembered that you lived there as I was driving by. I'll be back next summer though, maybe for an entire month, so I'll definitely stop by if you're around at the time.

I thought temps in the 50s with high winds and sideways rain was your ideal summer weather?

A clear evening with a temp around 80 sounds miserable. I would rather enjoy dinner on the patio in cold rain with everything being blown away. :)

They're both great IMO.

So you hike the middle fork trails every year? That is basically North Bend.

I don't think Jared has hiked a day in his life, unless his definition of "hike" is a stroll into the Krispy Kreme store or weed house.

I'm sorry brother, I just remembered that you lived there as I was driving by. I'll be back next summer though, maybe for an entire month, so I'll definitely stop by if you're around at the time.

You went across the country and forgot you had a friend in the town you were driving through? That's cold!

• Like 1

You went across the country and forgot you had a friend in the town you were driving through? That's cold!

Its funny. I remember Bryant and I were discussing lake Samish on a daily basis last winter and how they'd sometimes get clocked with snow while he'd get cold rain just a few miles away. So when I drove by and I saw the lake Samish sign it all came flooding back to me. Just a little too late.

No more Krispy Kremes here.

What's a weed house?

You live in Colorado right? In DC we have cannabis parties every weekend. Near infinite number of strains and flavors.

Up early moving sprinklers around... 65 at SEA at 5 a.m. is pretty warm.    Only 55 here and calm.    Normally it would be as warm or warmer than SEA out here on a morning like this with a warm air mass overhead.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**