Dangerous situation

Iceresistance

Me and my family are very unsettled and unsafe right now. There are at least 2 squatters in my and my neighbors properties. They nearly broke into my neighbor's house on Tuesday Night! The reason why they did not break in is because they eventually discovered that someone was still inside the house. My grandmother is absolutely ready to defend her property. We now have cameras for this reason.

I will try to post updates later on, but this is getting creepy. 

We've contacted the Sheriffs, but there is not much they can do right now. 

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Sounds like something that would happen in Portland. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

12/15/2022 UPDATE:

More battery-powered Security Cameras as up, there is one now facing towards the backyard. No one is sneaking by without being noticed hopefully. 

The glove that was found earlier near the Western Front Door (named that because it's West of the Main Front Door) may be sent to my county's Sheriff's office for DNA testing since it appeared it was worn before the discovery today. 

This is getting scary and creepy. 

• Shivering 1

40 minutes ago, PghWx said:

So when storms cut too much, does the Western Front Door see snow while the Main Front Door sees rain? Asking for a friend.

No, lol

There has been crazy rain cutoffs with that. 

Still waiting for the cameras to alert my Grandmother to them. They may have actually tried to break into my house recently by messing up the West Front Doors screen door!

Police report has been filed. They have stolen Catalytic Converters from the junkyard cars, this is likely a Felony. 

This is the 12/17/2022 update, nothing much otherwise other than the backyard camera is up now. 

27 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Be afraid.

My grandmother is not afraid to defend her property from those squatters. 

I forgot to mention that my mother spotted them in broad daylight in the past couple of days. 

Check you messages. 

Are you in the city or on county property?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

2 hours ago, Andie said:

Check you messages. 

Are you in the city or on county property?

County property, the police report has been filed (as said before) to the Sheriff's. 

There is a trailer with stuff that is guarded by the Truck that is facing perpendicular to the trailer. I think (quietly mostly) that it's inadvertently used as bait on the squatter because they must get past the cameras without bonding seen. 

Sadly, the gate is locked open because it's literally frozen open. Currently 28°F. 

Keep us up on this but more important stay vigilant.  

Merry Christmas !!  🎄 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

13 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I am surprised that the squatters have not come here despite extremely cold temperatures. Maybe they know that we know that they were here, but who knows. 

What you have been going through sounds pretty scary alright.  People are learning they can do pretty much anything with no consequences in this currently very messed up world.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

33 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

What you have been going through sounds pretty scary alright.  People are learning they can do pretty much anything with no consequences in this currently very messed up world.

The good news is that the Sheriff's are doing nightly patrols (if the weather complys of course) using the spotlights to spot them if they are there. Oklahoma is probably one of the last places where the Homeless situation is less severe, but it's only getting worse in the new few years Nationwide. 

I have a very good update on this situation, it appears that they moved southwest and are staying southwest, my sheriff neighbor is hoping that they cross the county line. 

@Andie @snow_wizard

CAUGHT!

The squatters came back, but the sheriff’s were ready for them! They were caught less than a 1/2 south of my house. (Currently in Springfield, MO until December 30th) They were caught with illegal drugs. The icing on the cake is that they had an Arrest Warrant as well!

• Like 3

Really glad this is over for you, Ice.  Having unknowns wandering about breaking into buildings to live is scared.  
Glad that’s over. And thanks to the authorities.  

I fear we have this ahead for many others eith criminals found in the unvetted immigrants.  Potential issues ahead.  
I’m looking into a 3M film to put on my windows that renders them impossible to break.  They’ll crackle but not shatter.  Texans are trying to tighten up.  

Watch: One family near the border has installed steel blinds on their windows and have steel doors/doorframes.  

On 12/28/2022 at 6:35 AM, Iceresistance said:

@Andie @snow_wizard

CAUGHT!

The squatters came back, but the sheriff’s were ready for them! They were caught less than a 1/2 south of my house. (Currently in Springfield, MO until December 30th) They were caught with illegal drugs. The icing on the cake is that they had an Arrest Warrant as well!

NICE!!!

Taking Out Trash GIFs | Tenor

• Excited 1

That’s awesome.  If they try this again once out, they’ll go to new territory.  
They’re like gypsies only a lot worse! 
I’ve dealt with people breaking into some empty property of mine but it was teen mischief. I worked with the police and stopped that.  Kids were smoking grass before class. At least they weren’t torching places.  
Glad it’s behind you!

6 hours ago, Andie said:

That’s awesome.  If they try this again once out, they’ll go to new territory.  
They’re like gypsies only a lot worse! 
I’ve dealt with people breaking into some empty property of mine but it was teen mischief. I worked with the police and stopped that.  Kids were smoking grass before class. At least they weren’t torching places.  
Glad it’s behind you!

I've been home for a while, good to be back at my location!

It does appear there might be more squatters, but they are afraid of armed homeowners, they are also cowards. 

The Police will be searching the property they said they lived in. 

Also, it appears that the arrest warrants may be BIG. At least they have a place for warmth, bedding, and food. I actually felt bad for them until I heard about the illegal possessions they had, they simply wanted to get out of the cold. At least they may be safer from the cold when this next Arctic Cannon is launched. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Maybe they will shoot fireworks. 

They like to get high unfortunately. But that was funny. 

And if they try to break in, my Grandmother is not afraid to pop them with a rifle. 

• lol 1