PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

1 minute ago, Hawksfan2008 said:

The range of outcomes is still massive image.thumb.png.96e17df1d53a2f64db80003b332e0c01.pngimage.thumb.png.ace3aaad7d3af75ffceed35a260c4896.png

Jared and JAYA have spoken. 

But I am not going to listen to them, we will still see at least some white and cold temps, possibly much more! 

• Like 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

At least there were some short term improvements so it looks like there may be some snow out of this at least. I’ll take it!

• Like 5

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 48

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

4 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

At least there were some short term improvements so it looks like there may be some snow out of this at least. I’ll take it!

Ya, we have a couple more days of change coming too. That weak low on Tue afternoon moving south of PDX keeps changing in strength and trajectory. It shows up on both Op and Control in tonight's runs. Changes there can impact.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 12345WeatherNerd said:

For a decent event in WA, I wonder if the colder trend for Sunday continues.

Cold for over 3 days in many W WA spots. Moisture passing through. Potential to overperform like the two events a couple weeks ago. Otherwise it won't be very memorable unless the freezing rain verifies, at the cost of at least some power outages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nov1985 said:

Cold for over 3 days in many W WA spots. Moisture passing through. Potential to overperform like the two events a couple weeks ago. Otherwise it won't be very memorable unless the freezing rain verifies, at the cost of at least some power outages. 

Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed IMO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CliffMassYelledAtMe said:

Disappointing. Hoping for a better outcome but it's a slim hope. Kind of like hoping the Seahawks can best the 9ers tomorrow. 

image.thumb.png.2ebf23853afc57bdd9b760cb4ad5e036.png

Euro had the Seahawks run defense 🤢. It tried its best for several runs until the GFS kept running the ball into its mouth until it succumbed.

• Thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

24 minutes ago, Ice_is_Everywhere said:

So, the chances of snow aren't gone, but we can probably discount historic cold. Does that seem accurate?

Pretty good chance there will be scattered pockets of snow in western Washington Sunday thru Tuesday.  Historic cold is very unlikely.  We’ve been waiting 32 years. Could be another 32 years 😞 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Pretty good chance there will be scattered pockets of snow in western Washington Sunday thru Tuesday.  Historic cold is very unlikely.  We’ve been waiting 32 years. Could be another 32 years 😞 

euro had 1 job to actually deliver the goods.

who knows, maybe another shot in January/Juneuary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snownerd3000 said:

Is it me or could you see this retrograding and resetting in January 

Before the start of winter I had January as the most favorable month to get an Arctic Blast down to the PNW. I’m still thinking the same thing and would lean mid-late January if I had to be more specific right now.

• Like 2