PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

6 minutes ago, icyasf said:

29F/23F day in Corvallis today, first subfreezing day in a while. Currently 23 with moderate freezing rain, and the roads are getting real bad.

Nice to have someone reporting from Corvallis who isn’t talking about this cold snap’s similarities to what you would see in a subtropical highland climate or Susanville, California.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • lol 5

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

20 officially at PDX. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

7 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

You sure they're laughing with you...? :lol:

Who cares.  It's a weather forum.  I could be a 65 year old paraplegic who chicken pecks with my toes and it still wouldn't matter if you or anyone else thought I was funny or not.

I decided to see what reactions I would get by saying some off the wall stuff and it worked exactly how I thought it would, predictably.  

I just put my 2 year old little girl down to bed an hour ago, my beautiful wife is laying next to me, and I should probably get some sleep so I can go fix some more HVAC systems in this bitter cold.

Good night all and quit taking life so D**n serious all the time.  And for those of you that don't get laid??  Try it sometime, life is short. 

• Popcorn 1
  • scream 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, Cloud said:

This is actually true… they think you are crazy for mentioning this to them….. it’s kinda weird because this is the place you can talk about this stuff and not get weirded out. So I need to stop talking about weather outside of this place. 🤣🤣🤣

I've found the best approach (sadly) with most people is play dumb. Had a convo with a coworker today where she insisted today was "not that cold" and tomorrow would be "back to normal".

Despite the temptation to throw some Euro numbers and historical context (coldest in decades) at her, I just let it slide.

I've learned that's better.

• Like 5

A forum for the end of the world.

Nothing at all in Fife yet and it’s been hours being under blue bands of snow on radar. I mean without radar, I would think it’d be a completely quiet night with nothing in store. 

• Like 2

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

The thing that really sux is this.

We get a top tier airmass and we can't even get a typical front out of the west for a nice snowstorm overrunning event.

If this had plowed in from the west it would of been a hell of a storm.

Very rare to have this much cold to work with and pretty much go straight to sleet and freezing rare for the Puget Sound.

With the high pressure east of the cascades if we had a low coming in due west to about seaside this would of been a historical blizzard. I feel like we missed a shot at a once in a lifetime snow event for the entire region. Portland would of had heavy snow, 60mph winds and 20 degrees. I will never forget this one and how close we were to something that could of surpassed even 1950, but I would bet money we see arctic air back in the region before January 20th.

Eh, I tend to not look at things that could've/should've happened. If you look at things from that perspective, you're always gonna want more, and will never be truly satisfied. I don't know if that's me being wise or my therapist talking.

Anyways, we're in the midst of a historic arctic blast, with an (unfortunate) ice storm to follow it up. I think that's decent in terms of weather historically. Hopefully we get some actual snow in the coming months, but this will do for now.

• Like 3

25F degrees here at Sea-level in Snohomish County and the snow is coming down.

Somewhat active and kind of not.  Let's check the hot spots.  First from afar.  Rain activity in Southern Oregon, some mixed stuff in Portland.  The big bulk of mixed rain/ice is in southwestern Washington.

Northwest_Composite_RadarAnim-640x480.gif.a2c00aa06b0cbbffd1edd555853d531f.gifK5-340mileAnim-640x480-2.gif.dfaa1866c3dbd2fcdfbe56ac18cf55fb.gif

Let's see that action up close.  It is just now hitting Olympia and slowly moving into the Central Sound.

centralia_radarAnim-640x480.gif.766468fea140ceb27b4ef5079111302d.gif

In the North Sound we see spotty snow from around Seattle north to Bellingham and Vancouver.

everett_radarAnim-640x480.gif.2b09ee327f2e7cc022e6868fba260f45.gif

• Like 6

Very light snow has started in N. Seattle. 25/15.

2022-23 Winter:

11/29: .25" + 1" = 1.25" | 11/30: .25"

12/2: .2" + .5" = .7" | 12/3: .2" | 12/4: trace

12/18: .4" | 12/19: .2" + .8" = 1.0" | 12/20: .2 + 1.5" = 1.7

1/31: trace | 2/14: trace | 2/22: .2 | 2/26: 1.0"

Total: 6.7"

6 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

Who cares.  It's a weather forum.  I could be a 65 year old paraplegic who chicken pecks with my toes and it still wouldn't matter if you or anyone else thought I was funny or not.

I decided to see what reactions I would get by saying some off the wall stuff and it worked exactly how I thought it would, predictably.  

I just put my 2 year old little girl down to bed an hour ago, my beautiful wife is laying next to me, and I should probably get some sleep so I can go fix some more HVAC systems in this bitter cold.

Good night all and quit taking life so D**n serious all the time.  And for those of you that don't get laid??  Try it sometime, life is short. 

Are you genuinely okay? You say it’s a weather forum but you’re here projecting and flexing your life when literally no one asked. And I mean no harm from this, I don’t got the clout to poke around here, but let people chill. It’s these things that snuff out the enthusiasm and fun out of this forum. Get some rest. 

• Like 4

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro