March in the Pacific Northwest

Tell Jesse in August that heat and humidity are enjoyable... or that heat in September and warm weather through October is awesome.    You will get an anxiety-filled lecture.     :lol:

Everybody has opinions. Nobody even holds a candle to how much you try to cram yours down everyone's throat, though.

Everybody has opinions. Nobody even holds a candle to how much you try to cram yours down everyone's throat, though.

You do lots of cramming on your own.

Particularly in the summer and fall when you want it to all end... started in May last year. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lots more than in Idaho--surely more than in San Diego.

Yep.    

Seattle is quite a bit sunnier than most European cities (i.e. London, Paris, Amsterdam, etc.) and drier than most places east of the Rockies.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Awesome pics Jesse on fb... I really like all your WTA pictures.    Its like being there.    Interesting how the weather changed as well.

Awesome pics Jesse on fb... I really like all your WTA pictures.    Its like being there.    Interesting how the weather changed as well.

Thanks! Yeah, the conditions changed a lot. Our first night the wind was almost dead calm and all the stars were out. Rare for the coast. By Sunday morning it was pouring down rain.

The cold air never quite made it out that far, though. I think the coldest it got while we were there was low-mid 40s. 

The 0z GFS shows a nice chilly pattern coming up again.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I would rather have 35 degree rain than this crap. It just feels greasy out there.

Yup.  This pattern gets me down really fast.  It needs to be colder this time of year.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Thanks! Yeah, the conditions changed a lot. Our first night the wind was almost dead calm and all the stars were out. Rare for the coast. By Sunday morning it was pouring down rain.

The cold air never quite made it out that far, though. I think the coldest it got while we were there was low-mid 40s. 

Those were some sweet accommodations and quite a meal.   Can you rent that place out?

Yup.  This pattern gets me down really fast.  It needs to be colder this time of year.

So you don't like to see everything start to bloom and green up?      Sooner the better for me.   

I like it in may. Not now. When I hear lawn mowers running and smell the cut grass then it is time for spring. Still winter for me.

Its spring now.  

September is fall and March is spring.

Those were some sweet accommodations and quite a meal. Can you rent that place out?

Yup, you definitely can. You have to go through the state park.

We really lucked out. Since we were volunteering with the WTA we got to stay for free. :)

Yup, you definitely can. You have to go through the state park.

We really lucked out. Since we were volunteering with the WTA we got to stay for free. :)

Very cool.

Think it will snow again or do you think that its safe to remove my studs on my car.

For Bothell??    You could have removed those in December.   :)

Pretty sure you won't need them... even if it does snow you can just wait an hour and the roads will be wet at this time of year.

For Bothell??    You could have removed those in December.   :)

Pretty sure you won't need them... even if it does snow you can just wait an hour and the roads will be wet at this time of year.

I actually got 2 inches in Feb. So maybe after that storm. What I do like is going to les shuab and getting free popcorn.

I probably got around 3 or 4 inches for the winter I am sure you got more than me.

March is a spring month that can sometimes act like a winter month, and September is a fall month that can sometimes act like a summer month.

Spring is definitely coming into bloom out here. Saw the first crocuses blooming in Carson this morning!

12z runs look good for some active, variable early spring weather. The constant mild rain this week has gotten pretty old.

Also a fairly strong signal emerging for colder than average weather settling in for the last half of the month.

The forum is kind of dead, must be spring! I am kind of hoping for El Niño since it seems like we can't get much in the way of snow around puget sound with La Niña or Neutral conditions anymore. But I do have fond memories of Nov 2006 and Jan of 2007.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Salt Lake City or one of the higher neighborhoods around it that's off the valley floor?   They get cooler lows except during a heatwave when they go into the 70s at night and often in the winter creep into the 50s (daytime)without the constant drizzle we all moan about in between snow events so you will have a week of 50s and in extreme cases even 60s before the next snow event comes in!

The snowfall is not as often as you would think and they are PROS at keeping everything plowed.   They never shut things down in Utah for snow unless a rare 2 footer happen at once and that has to be falling in the morning hours or otherwise business as usual!!!.  

Just for suggesting things to close and they will laugh you out of the state!!

Even here in the OR cascades or east slopes I've never heard of a school shutting down for anything. Maybe unless it snows so much that it collapses roofs.. that is an exception. ;) But nothing like that happened since the early 90's down here (1993 if I recall).

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Kevin Martin is calling for severe thunderstorms this evening in Western Oregon.  YOU CAN'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's not a shock that Kevin was wrong on this one. He even failed his local forecast for SoCal on 03/01 about the tornadic supercells and crap. I saw no supercells and the only thing he had somewhat accurate were the higher waves by the beach. 

The more people realize he's just an alarmist they'll stop following him. At this point, the number of likes on his FB page are kind of hard to believe.

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

Got in one nice day out here.   Rain coming earlier tomorrow... by noon in most places.    And Sunday will be post-frontal cloudy and damp.    Hopefully we get a few more nice days in next week.   I just need a couple days a week at this point.

http://s24.postimg.org/wo340p41h/Untitled.jpg

All the grass is greening up here which is early compared to most years. Been getting only rain instead of snow last couple of weeks.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

Got in one nice day out here.   Rain coming earlier tomorrow... by noon in most places.    And Sunday will be post-frontal cloudy and damp.    Hopefully we get a few more nice days in next week.   I just need a couple days a week at this point.

http://s24.postimg.org/wo340p41h/Untitled.jpg

Ya, beautiful day here...took the tarp off one of the patio chairs and sat outside for a little while. It was so nice and now i am SO READY for summer!

Second 60-degree day at SEA this year.

Of course it was 58 on January 11th... so its not really impressive to hit 60 in March.

Stellar day out here. Made it up to 61 with morning clouds giving way to afternoon sunshine.

Our first 60+ degree day since November 1st. Over four months ago.

Had two mid 60's up here on Feb 24/25, and several upper 50's earlier in January. 

53 / 27 today.

Also shall note that I just had 8 consecutive mornings above freezing until this morning. This has been quite an unusual winter for me.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

Had two mid 60's up here on Feb 24/25, and several upper 50's earlier in January. 

53 / 27 today.

Also shall note that I just had 8 consecutive mornings above freezing until this morning. This has been quite an unusual winter for me.

It has been an incredibly cold winter for much of North America, and really the northern hemisphere as a whole. Even your area had one of its coldest Decembers on record.

Southern Oregon has definitely been in somewhat of a warm pocket the last month or so, but I'm sure you're 100% ok with that. :)

Second 60-degree day at SEA this year.

Of course it was 58 on January 11th... so its not really impressive to hit 60 in March.

Totally different situation, though. Mid-winter "warmth" (mid-upper 50s) often comes with cloudy skies, wind, rain and little daylight. Days like today are a whole different animal. The warmth is achieved through entirely different means, as well.

It has been an incredibly cold winter for much of North America, and really the northern hemisphere as a whole. Even your area had one of its coldest Decembers on record.

Southern Oregon has definitely been in somewhat of a warm pocket the last month or so, but I'm sure you're 100% ok with that. :)

Oh yes, December was pretty NIPPY for me! As seen on my signature I got down to -20. Other folks in surrounding nearby areas reported down between -30 and -35 not too far away. But not a whole lot on the snow department.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"