October 2017 PNW Discussion Thread

stuffradio

Awesome, look forward to tracking your obs. If you have a fan aspirated system, the unit should be fine in the sun. Even without that, the cooling fins on the station are designed for maximum ventilation, so as long as your station isn't sitting over asphalt or anything else that will absorb/conduct heat to the atmosphere, you should be fine, I suspect.

Also, you'll need the station in the open if you have a tipping bucket rain gauge attached to the ISS unit.

Yeah I'm going to get the Storm portion of the unit so I can measure rainfall. Yeah it's sitting away from my rooftop and is over grass/dirt. I did put a reflective shield (plywood with aluminum tape on it) in order to block the sun from the lower part of the unit and it does seem to help. I'm closer to the surrounding stations during max heating.

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"