Christmas weekend 2017 Realish/Fakeish Cold Forecast Contest

Deweydog

We'll give Flatiron a chance to regain some traction as Santa might bring him a big sack of forum street cred if he can pick the right digits.

SEA/PDX

Friday through Monday.

Highs and lows.

Tie breaker will be the Standard and Poor's closing bell number for 2017.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

This round of cold snap model riding has dumbfounded and flustered me like no other.  The whole upper-level pattern forecast has been teetering "on the edge" for more than a week now and it STILL can't decide how much arctic air comes west of the Rockies. 

To sprinkle a bit of comic relief, all this wild flip-flopping seems to have broken the GEFS weather ensemble charts at the site I use.  Haven't been able to get any new ones since 18z Sunday.

About all we can say for sure is that the Basin at least gets a shot of medium-cold air at the end of the week.  Some of that will come through the Columbia River Gorge to chill the Portland area a bit.  Everything else is still a total crapshoot.  -_- :ph34r: :o