Christmas Holiday Snow Event

Tom

Currently getting some snow from the southern system. Just clipping SEMI. Everything white outside. Temp @ 32F.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Perhaps WWA's will be posted later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning w this potent clipper on Sunday and into early Monday.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Snow has started a little earlier than projected last night! Flakes are getting bigger, earlier this morning they were small as small can be! We might sneak out 4" from this, I'm liking the trends!

Happy be-lated B Day gift from mother nature...

• Like 1

HRRR looks good for LNK. Think somebody will score 6” out of this somewhere :)

I think you guys in Lincoln stand a great chance of seeing 3-6". These type of set-ups tend to favor your region. I think anyone between the Platte river and the I-80 corridor in Eastern Nebraska should average 3-4". Cheers to a white x-mas! 

• Like 1

12z euro... yesterday's 12z, which had the peak snow band down I-80, was a one-run wonder.  It appears I may get my first measurable snowfall of the season, but that's all.

http://wx.graphics/models/ecmwf/2017122312/mw/ecmwf_t_precip_mw_48.png

http://wx.graphics/models/ecmwf/2017122312/greatlakes/ecmwf_t_precip_greatlakes_48.png

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Going against my wishes but I think the trend per RAP/HRRR and surface obs is just a tad South. Personally don't trust HRRR/RAP past 7-8 hours but appears to be drier and colder further N. Just my .02

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

For what it is worth GRR has now issued a WWA for late tomorrow into Christmas day. I added the sarcasm because of a couple of the recent past WWA for our area did not pan out that well.  Had one for snow that turned out to be a sunny day and then one for FR that did not pan out either. Will have to see if they strike out on this one.

• Like 1