Bryan kohberger trial

TacomaWx

Just by looking at the photo of the guy I’m guessing probably guilty. He just looks like he has no empathy or emotions. Lot of times when these crazy serial killers are caught you can kinda tell by the expression in their eyes. The impression I get from him is he’s got little or no empathy. 

• TT-SEA pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Gonna be tough for his defense team to get over DNA + the car being at the scene +the cell phone being at the scene. 

And that’s just the evidence we know about right now. For someone who was a criminology student you’d think that you would be smarter about it. Thank god he wasn’t too smart about it and got caught. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cloud said:

I'm thinking this is pretty much an open and shut case for the prosecution. 

Evidence aside, seems like he was clearly preying on his victims. 

The main question seems to be why though? My guess is he’s one of these sick individuals who who want to be remembered and “infamous”. It’s extremely sick and disgusting unfortunately this is the kind of media attention he’s probably looking for like so many others who commit these crimes. 

as said before, dude has the textbook incel look, probably pissed at women because no one would give him the time of day.  Probably a virgin.  The male that was killed unfortunately was collateral damage so to speak.  sick, twisted .  He posted on 4chan and other fringe right wing websites.  seems like a slamdunk case to me.  FBI does not F around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

The main question seems to be why though? My guess is he’s one of these sick individuals who who want to be remembered and “infamous”. It’s extremely sick and disgusting unfortunately this is the kind of media attention he’s probably looking for like so many others who commit these crimes. 

Probably a good chance. A criminology student should know something of the technologies law enforcement has at its disposal to connect a suspect to a crime, and how hard it is to evade them (very hard), particularly in a high profile murder case like this where they will feel justified in using every available technology, even the more expensive ones.

Just for openers, I am sure they are literally going over the crime scene, his home, and his vehicle with a microscope, looking for telltale unusual combinations of stray fibers that match.

• Like 2
It's called clown range for a reason.

7 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

If we know the answer to why, then I don't think we have to deal with so many mass murders here in the US. Him using a knife to stab 4 innocent people is no different than a mass shooting. 

My guess is, the best defense they have is probably insanity. To me he has those crazy eyes man. Only thing more interesting to me with this trial is to find the motives.  If I had to guess, he got rejected by one of these women and got pissed. Or the person that he liked has a BF.. he was also killed.

We do have a lawyer on this forums, so would love to hear his input if he's willing to share. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Gonna be tough for his defense team to get over DNA + the car being at the scene +the cell phone being at the scene. 

the biggest mystery is why the roommate that saw him walk by waited to call the cops.   Were there a lot of illegal substances in the house?  Idaho has some of the most draconian drug laws in the country and I doubt any of these kids had priors. was her phone in another place in the home and she was too afraid to go look for it because she wasn't sure if he was still there?  Maybe the phone battery was dead and she forgot to plug it in before going to sleep? 

Just now, Cloud said:

If we know the answer to why, then I don't think we have to deal with so many mass murders here in the US. Him using a knife to stab 4 innocent people is no different than a mass shooting. 

My guess is, the best defense they have is probably insanity. To me he has those crazy eyes man. Only thing more interesting to me with this trial is to find the motives. 

We do have a lawyer on this forums, so would love to hear his input if he's willing to share. 

I feel like a big problem is a lot of people idolize mass murderers and shooters. Maybe the media shouldn’t give them their 15 minutes of fame and keep them as the anonymous nobodies that they were beforehand. So many sick individuals have been inspired by columbine, sandy hook, Ted bundy etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

I feel like a big problem is a lot of people idolize mass murderers and shooters. Maybe the media shouldn’t give them their 15 minutes of fame and keep them as the anonymous nobodies that they were beforehand. So many sick individuals have been inspired by columbine, sandy hook, Ted bundy etc. 

I 100% agree with this. After Columbine and the media coverage it garnered, it pretty much snowballed from there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Maybe it’s like the movie Seven and he wanted to get caught. With any luck it will all end with Gwyneth Paltrow’s head in a box.

Dude, the ending of that movie still haunts me. And I really hate having watched it. 

these are the types of people to who exhaust options so to speak where they live and then move completely across the country to a new place to try to 'recreate' themselves. He used Grad school in WA as his avenue. They interviewed some of his HS classmates and all said he was a Bully, assshole and wanted everyone to know he thought he was smarter than them.  Narcissistic Sociopath.  fits the profile of many historical serial killers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

unfortunately people are captivated by 'True Crime'.  I'm admittingly one of them.  My wife said she would like to be on his jury.  it is what it is, we live in a violent society.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

unfortunately people are captivated by 'True Crime'.  I'm admittingly one of them.  My wife said she would like to be on his jury.  it is what it is, we live in a violent society.

I mean I find it interesting too…but it can be dangerous for people who lack any real empathy. Some sick people become obsessed with it and want to get on the news themselves. Many people are into learning about serial killers and true crime stuff but they don’t turn around and go re-create or copycat these horrible things because they actually have morals. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cloud said:

My guess is, the best defense they have is probably insanity. To me he has those crazy eyes man. Only thing more interesting to me with this trial is to find the motives.  If I had to guess, he got rejected by one of these women and got pissed. Or the person that he liked has a BF.. he was also killed.

I don’t have much to add, never been a part of a murder trail, other than several vehicular homicide cases which are generally bereft of motive and rarely so potentially circumstantial. From a defense perspective, focus will be on procedure and exclusion followed by a pretty normal playbook of talking entirely about what is missing rather than what is not. I haven’t read the PC Affidavit start to finish, though. Gives me flashbacks to back in the day having to read intake PC’s on Sunday morning for the weekend’s 48 hour holds.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Heck, here we are on this obscure online forum, discussing his case. If the theory that he did it because he wanted to become a household name is correct, we are right now all doing precisely what he wants.

Who knows if that’s the real reason though. Could just be a much simpler reason like one of the people who lived in the house said/did something that pissed him off…and he just lost it and killed the other roommates. Maybe one of the girls in the house rejected his advances. Might not be about fame and more just about compulsive anger. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

the biggest mystery is why the roommate that saw him walk by waited to call the cops.   Were there a lot of illegal substances in the house?  Idaho has some of the most draconian drug laws in the country and I doubt any of these kids had priors. was her phone in another place in the home and she was too afraid to go look for it because she wasn't sure if he was still there?  Maybe the phone battery was dead and she forgot to plug it in before going to sleep? 

Could be, or it could have been a case where the gravity of the situation would only have been clear in hindsight and the roommate simply thought it was some guy coming over to visit with no indicator that anything violent was taking place. Definitely weird though, since the dog was apparently barking quite a bit and it seems increasingly probable that the victims were all awake when they were killed. 

Also begs the question of why he didn't harm the dog (think I read that he's a vegan) or attack the roommate if he saw her. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Could be, or it could have been a case where the gravity of the situation would only have been clear in hindsight and the roommate simply thought it was some guy coming over to visit with no indicator that anything violent was taking place. Definitely weird though, since the dog was apparently barking quite a bit and it seems increasingly probable that the victims were all awake when they were killed. 

Also begs the question of why he didn't harm the dog (think I read that he's a vegan) or attack the roommate if he saw her. 

agree, previously before this all came out seemed like a pretty 'quiet' scene.  now it seems a little more chaotic.  I'm thinking the reason he didn't kill the last girl is time, he knew he needed to leave.  that or the weapon malfunctioned.  I read somewhere those types of knives break easy and dull quickly all leading to more time to do what needed to be done

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Who knows if that’s the real reason though. Could just be a much simpler reason like one of the people who lived in the house said/did something that pissed him off…and he just lost it and killed the other roommates. Maybe one of the girls in the house rejected his advances. Might not be about fame and more just about compulsive anger. 

cops originally said early on it seemed targeted.  whether or not that means what you said or that he surveilled the area for awhile and saw it as an easy target is another question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TacomaWx said:

It's probably a combo of this, but also some clearly premeditated planning for something like this.

A forum for the end of the world.

Not to distract attention away from this trial and didn’t feel like a new off topic is necessary but just wanting to share the most disturbing thing I saw today other than reading the affidavit to this trial. 

Apparently a 6yr boy in Virginia brought a gun to school and shot his teacher. Police chief said it was not accidental either. 

6?!?!!!! How? Why? Has everyone of all ages gone mad? 

• scream 1

59 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Not to distract attention away from this trial and didn’t feel like a new off topic is necessary but just wanting to share the most disturbing thing I saw today other than reading the affidavit to this trial. 

Apparently a 6yr boy in Virginia brought a gun to school and shot his teacher. Police chief said it was not accidental either. 

Bad parenting...  yes I know that is the easy answer but honestly, what has this child been exposed to at home, hopefully the parents are charged.

• Like 2

From my understanding, a lot of you here on this forum are older than me - Baby Boomers and Gen Xers specifically (I was born in 1992) - why would this surprise you? Didn't you deal with enough guys like this in the 60s, 70s and 80s? Now they have internet, that's it. It continues. The United States of America is a violent country whose government perpetually distributes mass violence across the globe for the sake of hegemony and whose citizens are surprised when that same violence reaches home. Why the pin? Pretty open and shut to me.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Cloud said:

It happens when guns, if at home, are not locked up. If Dad keeps it in his sock drawer the kids are going to find it.  
My brother in law has a combination gun safe. No one can get in it by accident.  If you’re serious about guns, get serious about security. 

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Also, how did the killer get into the house to do all those stabbings?  
Did they sleep with the doors unlocked?   

As there were defensive wounds, surely others would have awakened by the struggle and vocalizations.  That’s when they should be fighting back with whatever they can use as a weapon.  
That attack could not have been silent. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

4 hours ago, Andie said:

Also, how did the killer get into the house to do all those stabbings?  
Did they sleep with the doors unlocked?   

As there were defensive wounds, surely others would have awakened by the struggle and vocalizations.  That’s when they should be fighting back with whatever they can use as a weapon.  
That attack could not have been silent. 

It was a party house... probably always open.   And there was defensive wounds on some of the victims. 

• Thanks 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Why are we stickying this topic, especially since the name of alleged murderer is the top line of this entire section?

Kinda lame, IMO.

TacomaWaWx told me to pin it.   

I unpinned it now... let it float.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**