Strange Indonesia earthquake

Guest happ

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as weird as feeling the Spring Break earthquake in Paradise California (Butte County at an elevation of 2,000 feet) almost where Richard lives now.   That one woke me up which I was six years old and thought Dad was shaking my bed until I realized it was an earthquake and I stupidly ran to the window to see anything but it was 4AM.  We went to the news and found out about the strong shaking in Oregon at that time.  Paradise formally called (Pair o Dice) due to the saloons it used to boast is centered on a series of ridges and underneath the ridges is old abandoned mines which our house was near a sink hole for one of them.  If the earthquake was any stronger it would've likely collapsed some of them.  Reno Nevada had skyscrapers sway a bit kinda like feeling tipsy after one too many or perhaps it was the 89 earthquake that did that.  I know one of them did that all the way at Reno Nevada. 

The West coast is weird how it amplifies earthquakes.

The 1989 earthquake was also amplified and felt as water sloshing back and forth in Paradise.  

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting that.

I saw on a report that many were surprised the Alaska quake did not generate a tsunami.

It will be interesting to read any findings coming out from this event.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

A 6.0 earthquake can result in structural damage but those trucks are almost tipping over as a woman screams. Wonder if the trucks were top heavy? Or if the ground under the trucks is about to liquefy.