Update: Paris Dealing With Record Flooding - 19.2' of Rain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5321469/Paris-remains-high-alert-river-continues-rise.html

River Seine has swollen to more than 13ft higher than its normal level amid the third-wettest winter since 1900

The Louvre is on high alert, with its lower level closed, and Musee d'Orsay and Orangerie galleries also at risk

Vigicrues flooding agency believe the river will continue to rise, peaking at 13.1ft this evening or on Monday

In Paris the Seine flows through a deep channel, limiting the potential flooding damage to riverside structures.

But several areas on the city's outskirts are under water, such as the southern suburb of Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, where some residents were getting around by boat and dozens have been evacuated from their homes.

In the south of France, heavy rains caused a breach in the water supply pipe of a holding tank on an oil platform in La Mede, near Marseille, on Saturday, French giant Total said.

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2980.JPG

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some good photos. This is quite historic rainfall.

19.2' of Rain

http://www.businessinsider.com/see-paris-underwater-as-the-seine-floods-the-streets-hundred-year-flood-2018-1/#you-can-see-how-high-the-river-is-now-bottom-image-in-this-comparison-with-august-2016-top-3

Rainfall totals in the Paris area have been double the average this winter. The French government said the Seine reached its crest Monday morning in Paris, with the Austerlitz station measuring the water at 5.85 meters (19.2 feet). But although the levels are now expected to descend, the process will be slow — the water is expected to remain above 5.5 meters (18 feet) until at least Wednesday morning. It could take parts of the city's core weeks to dry out.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I'd love for one extreme weather event to happen without climate "geniuses" blaming it on global warming.

There are images of people wakeboarding in the flood waters. That's a good way to handle a bad situation. I remember when my neighborhood in Houston flooded, people used that opportunity to go out on their jetskis.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.