February 9th - 11th - Plains "Chasing The Weenie Band" Thread

Jaycee

Don’t worry Lincoln posters, we with both see some decent snows with this one... mark my words.

I don’t know man. This one is really splitting hairs with this. Grand island is about 5 miles north, and it’s barely in the heavy snow band. It needs to sag 10 miles for us to get much, and it’s not budging

EDIT: rain check, it’s filling in S of Grand Island. Maybe we won’t get shafted after all? Fingers crossed boys

Not trying to be like "Money" here lol just pointing an observation our about radar. I can't hide the fact for what i see. lol. Either way looks like a decent snow pack for all of us

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Liking where I sit just along I-80 in C.IA. HRRR is still S but the RAP is trending N. Love the radar trends.

Just like sleeping in a tent during a TS, nothing beats hot tenting in a snow event!!!

27750729_1826363147408810_2236135119469632328_n.jpg 27749825_1826363107408814_6792878267607266823_n.jpg

Wish I had that when I went camping 3 weeks ago...

Dare I say I like where I sit with this? Being on the northern end of the heavy band ended up being the best spot to be for last night's snow, and radar seems to already be exhibiting an ENE motion to it. My guess for the heaviest band is going to be between CR/IC, sort of by bud's location. AFDs(particularly LOT) seems overly skeptical of guidance so I'm gonna go by radar and mesoananalysis more than normal. Not sure if I said it earlier, but I'm currently thinking 1.5-2" here, but I would be happy to end up conservative, only thing checking me is guidance.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Dare I say I like where I sit with this? Being on the northern end of the heavy band ended up being the best spot to be for last night's snow, and radar seems to already be exhibiting an ENE motion to it. My guess for the heaviest band is going to be between CR/IC, sort of by bud's location. AFDs(particularly LOT) seems overly skeptical of guidance so I'm gonna go by radar and mesoananalysis more than normal. Not sure if I said it earlier, but I'm currently thinking 1.5-2" here, but I would be happy to end up conservative, only thing checking me is guidance.

I'm worried about this inching too far South for you too.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.